• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am going to reply to this ridiculous comment based on the three parts that annoy me most.

1.)
No connection to Nintendo?

Mario narrator?

Crossover in 3 Mario kart games.

And shigeru miyamoto's favorite video game is pac-man(not necessarily relevant, but counts sort of)

What has megaman done to be so close to Nintendo?...oh that's right, just for having games on Nintendo systems. Mega man had no crossovers and no personal relations to Nintendo whatsoever. Pac-man has more personal relations to Nintendo than mega man.

2.) Current fame from mediocre TV show?

It's aimed at a younger audience to give pac-man a fresh start in the new generation. Mediocre is an opinion anyway, im sure there are many younger kids who love the silly show more than any other crap that comes on Disney XD.
BTW, what does megaman's current fame come from...

This?

I guess kids really like fat men in jumpsuits nowadays...
Mega man has no current fame whatsoever and his company is slowly abandoning him. He's just a washed up has-bin from the 90's. At least Namco cares enough to renew pac-man, Capcom just likes to use megaman as toilet paper and blame the fans for lack of support on his games.

3.) no notable history on consoles not directly related to his arcade games?

That's a bit too specific. How many megaman games do you know don't have the same concept as the original, not many. Most are just side scrolling shooters in which you fight other robots. Same with many other video game characters such a Mario, super Mario bros wii, ds, wii u, and super Mario bros all have the same concept. Of course a video game character is going to stick to their roots to make more money. Its makes the character who they are! Pac-man however has gone through many changes with 3d and what not and actually has been in some great games like the world series, but when he goes back to his roots he's a star like pacman championship edition DX.

I just hope you understand that Pac-Man does have many reasons to be in smash bros (just as many as megaman) and that bashing him for reasons that are either plain bias or just aren't legitimate doesn't make him ineligible for smash.
Don't criticize me for bias when you're clearly a huge fan of Pacman and gave me a wall of text from an a single post. Many would call you a hypocrite.

First off, Mega Man clearly has more history with Nintendo, every Mega Man game sans a few have been released on Nintendo platforms, often exclusively.
Pacman became popular for his one arcade game. He has had releases on Nintendo platforms but the majority are remakes or modifications to the arcade game, not new titles. Namco Bandai collaborates with Nintendo frequently, but so does Capcom. Do you not remember when Capcom and Nintendo made a deal to release several games exclusively for the Gamecube?

Mega Man is popular for the games that had a part in defining the NES, Pacman is popular for a 35 year old arcade game.
Additionally, Pacman doesn't do that much in the game he's known for; the games that Pacman's movesets usually draw from were not released on Nintendo platforms. Mega Man has countless abilities to pull from, who do you think Sakurai would choose?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have more relevant things to talk about elsewhere.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't get why people are against Pac-Man either. If it's because they think he wouldn't have a good move set, the Pac-Man World series says hello.

sallas09

Smash Cadet
I don't know if it actually counts for anything(in the grand scheme of things, likely not), but one thing regarding Pac Man's relevance to Nintendo: while he has appeared in a number of Nintendo games in the past, is it worth noting that both the 3DS and WiiU versions of the upcoming Pac Man Museum were cancelled? Again, I don't know if it's relevant at all, just thought I'd mention it.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
forced issues everywhere... XD. .. I'll just finish to reply people on DA. .. have fun. =P

I don't know if it actually counts for anything(in the grand scheme of things, likely not), but one thing regarding Pac Man's relevance to Nintendo: while he has appeared in a number of Nintendo games in the past, is it worth noting that both the 3DS and WiiU versions of the upcoming Pac Man Museum were cancelled? Again, I don't know if it's relevant at all, just thought I'd mention it.
you mean like Mega Man Legends 3?! :0

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Don't criticize me for bias when you're clearly a huge fan of Pacman and gave me a wall of text from an a single post. Many would call you a hypocrite.

First off, Mega Man clearly has more history with Nintendo, every Mega Man game sans a few have been released on Nintendo platforms, often exclusively.
Pacman became popular for his one arcade game. He has had releases on Nintendo platforms but the majority are remakes or modifications to the arcade game, not new titles. Namco Bandai collaborates with Nintendo frequently, but so does Capcom. Do you not remember when Capcom and Nintendo made a deal to release several games exclusively for the Gamecube?

Mega Man is popular for the games that had a part in defining the NES, Pacman is popular for a 35 year old arcade game.
Additionally, Pacman doesn't do that much in the game he's known for; the games that Pacman's movesets usually draw from were not released on Nintendo platforms. Mega Man has countless abilities to pull from, who do you think Sakurai would choose?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have more relevant things to talk about elsewhere.
I don't like that tone. I was looking for a legitimate argument and you want to add that at the end.
Sakurai never said he was looking for moveset potential, he said he was looking for interesting characters. I don't find megaman that interesting because it's not like he does anything truly novel besides running while shooting. Sakurai can make anyone interesting, and pac-man can be one of them. And my reply was not full of bias, it was full of frustration. Us pac-man supporters get enough crap from everyone else. i'm sorry if you had to be that guy today who I had to let it all out on but my point still stands. And giving a legitimate argument in response to a post is not bias. And all you did was restate megaman's amount of games on a Nintendo console. Did you read my post, I already stated how mostly every video game sticks to their roots. Mega man still is still known for just a run and shoot scroller. He hasn't had much diversity. And Pacman has had all of his games with moveset potential on Nintendo platforms. Pacman world 1-3, pacman adventures, Ghostly adventures a wii u and 3ds exclusive, Hello? Please read my "Wall of text" before you ignore what I have to say and spit out incorrect nonsense.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
People, really, this isn't the Place to talk about Pac-Man's relevance to Nintendo. :/ Or what characters you want to return. Really, there are threads for all these things, why is it so hard to be on topic? Then again, I'm no Mod. But it would be nice to talk about rumors, maybe?

If there aren't any right now, no reason to even be in this thread.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
One would think that one of the biggest icons in gaming, not to mention among the oldest as well, would get a little more respect...

Especially given the fact that said icon could have a chance to duke it out with the other top 3 favorites in one game, and make history at the same time.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't like that tone. I was looking for a legitimate argument and you want to add that at the end.
Sakurai never said he was looking for moveset potential, he said he was looking for interesting characters. I don't find megaman that interesting because it's not like he does anything truly novel besides running while shooting. Sakurai can make anyone interesting, and pac-man can be one of them. And my reply was not full of bias, it was full of frustration. Us pac-man supporters get enough crap from everyone else. i'm sorry if you had to be that guy today who I had to let it all out on but my point still stands. And giving a legitimate argument in response to a post is not bias.
Okay, I'm not listening to you anymore. Sakurai has specifically stated he was looking for uniqueness.
Going and saying Mega Man isn't that interesting, while saying Pacman "could be made" interesting just proves you're bias again third-parties other than Pacman.
When you admit to going off on me for not liking the same thing as you, it makes your story a lot harder to believe.
Now please stop replying to me, I don't want to start a flame war in the wrong thread.

Dan

Smash Lord
What will Palutena's moveset be like? Defense/magic? I'm not really a follower of the Kid Icarus series.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
omfg so much no.

Simon has more Nintendo history and is arguably the most iconic CV character. Richter appeared in one game butchered port on SNES the everyone hated. It's like picking Mega Man X over Classic Mega Man.

Sorry if that's way off-topic.

I think the E3 leak is likely to be real. It's almost impossible for that to be a lucky guess at this point. If he had guessed those three on a larger list of other characters, I'd be a little more skeptical.

It shouldn't be discarded for saying they'll all be at E3. Plans can change.

That's my two cents.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
What will Palutena's moveset be like? Defense/magic? I'm not really a follower of the Kid Icarus series.
Not at all the right Place to talk about that, but it would probably involve a lot of magic and mean talk. ^^

Also, that Layton thing... really? Huh.

@ Nu~ Nu~

If you don't find Megaman interesting, hey, that's you. But I find it hard to believe that you can't find Megaman, who has had so many games and abilities to be uninteresting, yet, you are enamored by Pac-Man of all people? It just comes off as odd, and to a certain extent bias considering that everything made with him it excluding the arcade games were total garbage.

I'm not saying Sakurai can't make an interesting fighter out of him, but he really is bland.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Wasn't there a rumor where Little Mac had a "falcon punch"? Everyone was quick to call it fake, I know I did, but it could have some merit since he dashing straight looks a lot like a dashing falcon punch. It's no confirmation but it's something to look into.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If any characters were "thrown into" the E3 leak, they were Little Mac, Mii, and Pacman, because out of the six, those were the safest bets (though, depending on how much Relevance Kool-Aid one was drinking, Mega Man was arguable as well).
But they we're also fan favorites. Everyone predicted them. Which is why they're so popular.
Heck I wanted Megaman and Little Mac. I guess I'm a leaker too.
If it was just these three, we would've called it a "lucky guess".
As many have said earlier in relation to the Pokemon X/Y reveal, leaks can be partially correct and partially incorrect, after all.
So then we should just assume it's all real then? Because only half was correct?
"Just give the man a break" You all say.
I'm not buying it.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Okay, I'm not listening to you anymore. Sakurai has specifically stated he was looking for uniqueness.
Going and saying Mega Man isn't that interesting, while saying Pacman "could be made" interesting just proves you're bias again third-parties other than Pacman.
When you admit to going off on me for not liking the same thing as you, it makes your story a lot harder to believe.
Now please stop replying to me, I don't want to start a flame war in the wrong thread.
OK. fine. And I didn't say I was pissed off for you not liking pacman, it was for giving incorrect reasons for why pacman shouldn't be included. And uniqueness doesn't equal moveset potential. Pac-man does have many games to pull moveset potential from on Nintendo systems. In fact, all of them. I only said he "could be made interesting" because we don't know what moves sakurai would pull from pac-man's arsenal yet. But fine, i'll stop now that I've said the rest of my thoughts.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
idk, one of the only reasons he was in is because his creator begged Sakurai to add Snake in melee and brawl, and for my reasons, i suck as Snake, and i didn't really think he fit in the smash bros. series.
"I suck at the game and can't play a character, he needs to get out of the game"

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So then we should just assume it's all real then? Because only half was correct?
"Just give the man a break" You all say.
I'm not buying it.
Half-true is the point I'm making. As far as evidence goes, only half of his prediction came true. That, obviously doesn't mean it's all true.
Because it clearly isn't.

fill

20EggsEggs
1. It was a fan run page.

2. Days following the tweet about Layton supposedly fighting Little Mac, Geno, and Megaman, the page posted another tweet essentially saying that everyone was taking it way too seriously and that it was just for fun.

3. SSB4 didn't start development until 2012 (with predevelopment starting in 2011) and this was back in 2009.
ah, thanks...i wouldn't have minded if it was legit tho

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
People, really, this isn't the Place to talk about Pac-Man's relevance to Nintendo. :/ Or what characters you want to return. Really, there are threads for all these things, why is it so hard to be on topic? Then again, I'm no Mod. But it would be nice to talk about rumors, maybe?

If there aren't any right now, no reason to even be in this thread.
Your right, i'm sorry. I just got fed up with the lack of real reasons for why people don't want pacman. I admit, I may have bias toward pac-man because I grew up with him, but that still doesn't mean people should give biased reasons against him. I have legitimate reasons for why he should be included, and I am waiting for some legitimate anti-pac reasons.

But anyway... back on topic. Who still believes in the E3 leak and why? I believe it not just because of the correct prediction of WFT but because of the website this user posted it on. Like someone said before, the website does not take liars lightly and he better be telling the truth or else he will be banned. I doubt he would want to put that on the line. That may be why he posted the characters as predictions first, because he was afraid that his source wasn't giving him correct info.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But anyway... back on topic. Who still believes in the E3 leak and why? I believe it not just because of the correct prediction of WFT but because of the website this user posted it on. Like someone said before, the website does not take liars lightly and he better be telling the truth or else he will be banned. I doubt he would want to put that on the line. That may be why he posted the characters as predictions first, because he was afraid that his source wasn't giving him correct info.
The E3 leak is what led to the Pacman argument. I'd say let's just leave that alone.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
The E3 leak is what led to the Pacman argument. I'd say let's just leave that alone.
alright, fair enough. (but I like that rumor)

@ Nu~ Nu~
If you don't find Megaman interesting, hey, that's you. But I find it hard to believe that you can't find Megaman, who has had so many games and abilities to be uninteresting, yet, you are enamored by Pac-Man of all people? It just comes off as odd, and to a certain extent bias considering that everything made with him it excluding the arcade games were total garbage.
I'm not saying Sakurai can't make an interesting fighter out of him, but he really is bland.
Okay, maybe I was harsh on megaman. He's pretty cool and all, but It's not like I haven't seen anything he has before on someone else. maybe its because I haven't played many megaman games, but still, I've seen fire claws, giant lasers and electric rods before. Maybe it's because I'm more attracted to the counter culture, and that I have grown up with pacman (pacman and pacman world 2 were some of my first video games). But really, Im just tired of the same old laser, fire, and guns stuff that we see in video games everyday. Pac-man is of a different kind. And your argument seems very biased. That "all his games after the arcade were sh*t" nonsense is an old wives tale told by many pac-haters. It's not that pacman has any super interesting moves, or laser blasts that make me like him. Maybe its his potential as a character with literally a clean slate of moves meaning he can do anything, or the fact that that I grew up with him, or his potential for a novel arcade based moveset, but in the end, I still love pacman and will never feel as close to megaman. But maybe you megaman fans feel the same way towards your gaming character, so I can understand the love you feel towards him. Lets just stop arguing. AT the end of the day, we all have our favorites for different reasons and thats that. Thanks for reading

Last edited:
"What about the lower-performing characters like Ganondorf, and Mario? We should remove them to, since no one's good at using them."

What a terrible, terrible argument for removing a character.
I think how good they are depends on the player, and in some cases, the games engine.

I mean look at Ganon in Melee. Jesus...

Wait no one is good with them? Lol I don't know any names with Ganon , but google Eggz. Mario has so many good players, including Mango.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Your right, i'm sorry. I just got fed up with the lack of real reasons for why people don't want pacman. I admit, I may have bias toward pac-man because I grew up with him, but that still doesn't mean people should give biased reasons against him. I have legitimate reasons for why he should be included, and I am waiting for some legitimate anti-pac reasons.

Didnt the E3 leak literally happen the day before E3? You know, the day Nintendo was setting up their booths? I remember them tweeting pics and what not. Couldnt someone have easily seen WFT during a set up test or overhead someone (reggie, miyamoto, sakurai, and others from nintendo were there) and just posted it? What was the location of the poster?

Too many factors we dont know to call the leak fake or real.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
You have no idea buddy, the crap i hear from anti snake people is far worse. And the fact that he was already in smash bros, and yet they still try to create reasons for his exclusion this time boggles the mind.

Last edited:

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of which, wouldn't it be possible to just get in contact with the E3 leaking guy like everyone did with Chaos_Zero before? If we asked the E3 leaker ourselves we could see if he really meant it as a prediction or if he actually knew about all 6 characters.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Didnt the E3 leak literally happen the day before E3? You know, the day Nintendo was setting up their booths? I remember them tweeting pics and what not. Couldnt someone have easily seen WFT during a set up test or overhead someone (reggie, miyamoto, sakurai, and others from nintendo were there) and just posted it? What was the location of the poster?

Too many factors we dont know to call the leak fake or real.
Yes to all of this. Who cares in the end if it's real? All of the most popular characters in that prediction are here already.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
You have no idea buddy, the crap i hear from anti snake people is far worse. And the fact that he was already in smash bros, and yet they still try to create reasons for his exclusion this time boggles the mind.
Eh, not sure its worse but I know that feel. Just head on down to the 20 ish pages of the pacman thread and see what im talking about. SMashcu, Saturn, others...they all hate pacman. I don't know why :(

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Eh, not sure its worse but I know that feel. Just head on down to the 20 ish pages of the pacman thread and see what im talking about. SMashcu, Saturn, others...all hate him. I don't know why :(
It's best to not hold grudges. People are completely different outside of the internet. Hell, Saturn is different outside of roster prediction.
Holding grudges is extra effort that could be spent doing more productive things.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
There is no need to create reasons to Snake's exclusions, because they already exist since when Brawl was released. I don't want him to be excluded (after all, he is already in, why cut him now), but there are plenty of reasons to justify Snake being cut.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
It's best to not hold grudges. People are completely different outside of the internet. Hell, Saturn is different outside of roster prediction.
Holding grudges is extra effort that could be spent doing more productive things.
I know, he's one of my smashboards friends. He actually amuses me and has intelligent arguments for characters he wants in smash. He even liked my pacman moveset...but I just don't know why he doesn't like pacman. To each is own.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There is no need to create reasons to Snake's exclusions, because they already exist since when Brawl was released. I don't want him to be excluded (after all, he is already in, why cut him now), but there are plenty of reasons to justify Snake being cut.
The same "reasons" that exist to justify Snake being cut now also existed pre-Brawl, nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There are many reasons he could've been excluded, but like you said, he trumped them anyway. I'm certain Kojima and Sakurai's friendship didn't get him that far by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom