• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
what is today's pic of the day from? If the stage is an indicator then a charather from what ever game that is may kill all leaks.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Nice find, dude! I hope Sakurai announces her sometime soon.
Pssssh. That's nothing. I found a leak that says Mario is in the game. Hard to believe, I know, but I have faith in it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Pssssh. That's nothing. I found a leak that says Mario is in the game. Hard to believe, I know, but I have faith in it.
Source?
I doubt it. He's such an "oddball" character.
I mean, it's not like he's the mascot. There's just nothing going for him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait that room looks like travis touchdown's living room. If he was playable every leak would die.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
This is exactly why I can't take that Jumpman leak seriously. Jumpman = Mario, case closed.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Honestly, Bkupa, I want to know what "Holes" you see in the Betternet roster just to see if I see them as well. As someone who has been studying this leak, and watching reveals happen, I'm quite interested in your opinion since both you and I dislike it, but your reasons may be different than mine. Though, I'm obviously veering towards believing it and you're not, so let's hear your views and I'll give my opinion.
There was a very, very similar "leak" made months and months ago, before this thread devolved into the puddle of oozing goo it currently is. After Luigi's reveal, some guy claimed to have known about that, and posted this roster (@ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees made a mock-up of it here). This was known at the time as "The Journalist Leak." Its unique features (The leaker spelling out the exact CSS listing, Mii being placed alongside the Mario universe characters, Krystal replacing Wolf, Chrom and Lucina being a duo) are the same as the Betternet leak's. However, as you can see, Toon Link and Rosalina are nowhere to be found. After Rosalina's reveal was when the Betternet roster appeared, conveniently adding in those two glaring omissions while cutting in and out other characters around them; Takamaru and Toon Zelda were cycled in, while Ridley, Ike and Lucas were cycled out. So, long story short, there is reason to believe it's an updated version of a false roster, probably by someone in or aware of this thread.

Also, it has a number of the sins typical of the false leaks we've seen shot down thus far.

--Sin #1: Here is the entire final roster. Whoop dee goddamn dee doo.
--Sin #2: Here are very precise details about the development and release schedule of all the characters.
--Sin #3: Oh, did I say all of the characters? I meant a cherry-picked handful of them. You see, while I'm intimately aware of when Mewtwo was chosen and the status of some newcomers' Final Smashes, I can't be arsed to tell you what happened to Pokemon Trainer, other than that he's "different."

People will dismiss ANY OTHER LEAK except the Betternet leak for having even a hint of one of those sins. "The Translator Leak doesn't specify which Zelda newcomer there is? These 4chan leaks only mention a 'Mario newcomer'? False! But this guy has nothing to say about which new Pokemon the Trainer has? MUST BE TRUE, LET'S TALK ABOUT IT!" Like I said, it's baffling to me; if people want to use it as the figurehead for Disgusting Godawful Disappointing Final Rosters, so be it, I do this too, but it doesn't need to be brought up every damn day for no reason whatsoever.

Last edited:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
This is me wishing Sakurai will do an update confirming the Mii as an assist trophy and saying it wasn't good enough to be a character. Very much like the Waluigi update which made me laugh my ass off.

BigEvilTurtle

Smash Rookie
This is me wishing Sakurai will do an update confirming the Mii as an assist trophy and saying it wasn't good enough to be a character. Very much like the Waluigi update which made me laugh my *** off.
This is the best case scenario. Mii will probably end up being a character, though. With a really generic moveset and the ability to change Mii appearance. Kind of a waste of a slot in my opinion but I see it happening.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This is the best case scenario. Mii will probably end up being a character, though. With a really generic moveset and the ability to change Mii appearance. Kind of a waste of a slot in my opinion but I see it happening.
And now a couple of miiverse post people are thinking the mii will be the next newcomer revealed

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
And now a couple of miiverse post people are thinking the mii will be the next newcomer revealed
Well there is a chance, but newcomers revealed after E3 2013 were revealed at least a month after their stage, (Rosalina and Mario Galaxy, December 18th and November 15th, Little Mac and Boxing Stage, February 13th 2014 June 11th 2013.) So I predict Palutena since Palutena's temple was revealed back in January 29th.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
There was a very, very similar "leak" made months and months ago, before this thread devolved into the puddle of oozing goo it currently is. After Luigi's reveal, some guy claimed to have known about that, and posted this roster (@ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees made a mock-up of it here). This was known at the time as "The Journalist Leak." Its unique features (The leaker spelling out the exact CSS listing, Mii being placed alongside the Mario universe characters, Krystal replacing Wolf, Chrom and Lucina being a duo) are the same as the Betternet leak's. However, as you can see, Toon Link and Rosalina are nowhere to be found. After Rosalina's reveal was when the Betternet roster appeared, conveniently adding in those two glaring omissions while cutting in and out other characters around them; Takamaru and Toon Zelda were cycled in, while Ridley, Ike and Lucas were cycled out. So, long story short, there is reason to believe it's an updated version of a false roster, probably by someone in or aware of this thread.
Interesting observations. I'm willing to give Betternet (Betternot?) the benefit of the doubt, but the "Wolf -> Krystal" and "Chrom+Lucina" aspects of both rosters are pretty suspicious, now that you mention it.

Rosalina and Mario Galaxy, December 18th and November 15th
Wasn't the background of the Mario Galaxy stage visible in a Kirby picture from when the site first went up?

Last edited:

Tachita

Smash Cadet
Why does everyone is giving Mii such high chance of being in? Don't you think if it was really a such demanded character he would have been included in Brawl? What has changed since then? Miis have the exact same appeal now as they had six years ago, when the Wii and its features were still a novel.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why does everyone is giving Mii such high chance of being in? Don't you think if it was really a such demanded character he would have been included in Brawl? What has changed since then? Miis have the exact same appeal now as they had six years ago, when the Wii and its features were still a novel.
They have moveset potential that not even you guys would interested in, you guys are going to be in for a surprise.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
This is me wishing Sakurai will do an update confirming the Mii as an assist trophy and saying it wasn't good enough to be a character. Very much like the Waluigi update which made me laugh my *** off.
Waluigi was a good character choice because he's funny and he has an interesting sports-games-moveset but now he's an assist trophy so I'll support him for SSB5

Miis are also a very good choice for a newcomer because you can use yourself or a character that you wanted but who won't be playable (I'll use Waluigi's mii) and they could use some moves from the Street Plaza games and from games like Pilotwings or Wii Sport ,and also they're very important for Nintendo .

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Because of the E3 Leak, which most sensible people consider at least partially legitimate. Otherwise, there would probably be less collective expectation for the Mii; people forget that Sakurai himself chose not to "go in the direction of adding Miis" with Brawl because he felt "gamers were looking for something else," according to Iwata Asks. Barring a Villager-esque change of mind, he could very well not add them again. But we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Reader

Smash Apprentice
Now that Miis are even more likely, I just want to point out that the E3 leak would have 5/6 characters right. Last time we had two third-party characters, and now that Snake is unlikely ( Read: http://www.examiner.com/article/snake-unlikely-to-be-new-smash-bros (I understand that this doesn't disconfirm snake, but it definetly hurts his chances. )) I could see pacman replacing snake, since namco bandai games are already helping with the game. Both of these characters have good chance to get in, whether the leak is real or not.

Why does everyone is giving Mii such high chance of being in?
Miis have appeared in various mario games, mario kart series, animal crossing games, wii fit games, nintendo land, in their own games and so on. SSB4 already has three Mii related stages, so I'm not really surprised that people, including myself, consider him likely.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
So what happens to the Brawl Era/PoR leak if Sakurai goes maximum troll and confirms Ridley as a stage hazard AND playable?

(And why the hell is Ridley not a boss battle if he's not playable?)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Krystal having more merits than Ridley and Shulk? I don't think so. D:
This is what i'm afraid of. While i don't support or agree with Mii, it is important to Nintendo and has been all over the play as of late- moreso now then when Brawl first came out. But Krystal hasn't DONE anything- StarFox is dormant and its most recent game is a remake that doesn't even feature her. It DOES feature Wolf. But Sakurai is going girl crazy, so maybe. But even still, Sakurai tweeted a picture of the Monado sometime last year, so he knows Xenoblade exists. And with X coming out, why wouldn't he want to highlight that? All i can say is, "Yo, where muh Shulk at?!"

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But even still, Sakurai tweeted a picture of the Monado sometime last year, so he knows Xenoblade exists. And with X coming out, why wouldn't he want to highlight that? All i can say is, "Yo, where muh Shulk at?!"
...Maybe because he likes Xenoblade and wanted to show his support?

Though referring to the Pic of the Day.
Anyone else notice that Villager had appeared in a ton of 3DS pics?
Or better yet, Villager with Wii Fit Trainer. We've had around 3 of those.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Though I'd like to see Shulk myself, we should never assume that just because Sakurai tweets about something that it must be smash related. Sakurai liking Xenoblade is one thing, using it as evidence for Shulk is kind of something else.

Last edited:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi was a good character choice because he's funny and he has an interesting sports-games-moveset but now he's an assist trophy so I'll support him for SSB5

Miis are also a very good choice for a newcomer because you can use yourself or a character that you wanted but who won't be playable (I'll use Waluigi's mii) and they could use some moves from the Street Plaza games and from games like Pilotwings or Wii Sport ,and also they're very important for Nintendo .
Waluigi's as interesting as watching grass grow. Unless Sakurai was bribed to include 100 characters, Waluigi will never be playable. He's just a party/filler character.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Though I'd like to see Shulk myself, we should never assume that just because Sakurai tweets about something that it must be smash related. Sakurai liking Xenoblade is one thing, using it as evidence for Shulk is kind of something else.
True. But at the same time it shows that Sakurai is aware of Xenoblade's existence, so it does mean something.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
True. But at the same time it shows that Sakurai is aware of Xenoblade's existence, so it does mean something.
Being aware is a very simple statement that has an enomorus range in regards of how much impact that awareness can or cannot make.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Being aware is a very simple statement that has an enomorus range in regards of how much impact that awareness can or cannot make.
1. Not that US releases mean anything, but Operation Rainfall was huge. And successful. Shulk clearly has his merits. And;
2. Why are you fighting us? Shulk is in your sig...

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I'd pretty much discard that "BetterNet" leak because there's just no way anyone could know what Nintendo will show off during E3 so far in advance. Even now, they're probably putting it all together.

I would laugh my *** off if the Miis were playable actually, considering there would be a few epic meltdowns. :troll:

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
They finished Brawl's development right when the Wii came out.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
...Maybe because he likes Xenoblade and wanted to show his support?

Though referring to the Pic of the Day.
Anyone else notice that Villager had appeared in a ton of 3DS pics?
Or better yet, Villager with Wii Fit Trainer. We've had around 3 of those.
I swear this is because people were constantly asking (on random internet message boards and miiverse) if the Trainer and Villager were in the 3DS version because thier initial reveal photos didn't include any 3DS pictures. Then one day Sakurai posted a picture of the two of them on the 3DS with the caption "I guess we haven't shown the Villager or the Wii Fit Trainer on the 3DS until now." Then he never stopped showing them. He has to have some intern or something scanning message boards or something.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They finished Brawl's development right when the Wii came out.
The Wii came out in 2006, where as Brawl came out in 2008.

Maybe they weren't sure if Miis were going to be a permanent thing for Nintendo, and wanted to see if it'd carry on to newer consoles first. Not only have they managed to do so, but they're also on handhelds now. Plus, with all the pretty much mandatory newcomers that Brawl included, they had enough on their hands already, a customizable character sure wouldn't have helped matters when Brawl's development already was fairly stressed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom