• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
"Characters: Everyone in Brawl except Pokemon Trainer, Metaknight, Sheik, and Ike return. Newcomers are: Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Chrom, Palutena, Dixie Kong, Dark Samus, Mii, Samurai Goroh, Takamaru, Dillon, Demise, an Pacman. "

here it is, my main point is the newcomer list is in the same order as they were revealed up to little mac, just says fake to me if chrom is not revealed next and palutena after and so on, otherwise there should be no reason to list in this manner. it would either be aphabetical or as appears on the full roster if that makes sense
I am fine with cutting Pokemon Trainer Red, Sheik, and Ike only if they are replaced with a new Pokemon Trainer, Impa, and Chrom respectively... that list of newcomers only has Chrom. Where's my compensation for giving up Pokemon Trainer Red and Sheik? Furthermore, where's my compensation for giving up Meta Knight?

We get Dark Samus but no Ridley? Not that I desperately want Ridley like the masses over in the Ridley thread, but I don't think this is a good decision... a semi-clone of Samus over Ridley? At least Zero Suit Samus was unique enough to compensate the lack of Ridley.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
I like your sig, but... Tin Star? and Ray? Did you craft a leak?

Haha no my uncle doesn't work for nintendo, he was an old sega rep.

Ya I like my smash bros obscure. I never even heard of tin star until that leak was posted here. So I did my homework and now I'm trying to acquire a copy of the game haha

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It doesn't have to do with the leak, I haven't even paid much attention to it tbh lol. My point is that people can no longer use the argument that unique characters won't be cut. it's happened before. Also, recency, or his relevance to the series, doesn't matter here. Mewtwo was not cut because of his relevance or recency to the series, nor was he replaced by lucario. it all came down to time. heck, mewtwo was planned for brawl. I guess what i'm saying is, it's in the realm of possibility. it's not so completely off the wall that it can't happen. I don't think he'll be cut, but it is certainly possible.
It's possible, but it's ferociously unlikely. It'd be more like putting Zelda far down on the list then it would Mewtwo as out of all the characters in Brawl, Meta Knight is one of the most popular in and out of that game and important to his series. On top of that, he's one of those closest to Sakurai. It doesn't seem likely at all that Sakurai would put him off so low on the list that he runs the risk of being cut, much less that he actually is cut.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So i've been reading up on everything from over the weekend and i've come to an interesting theory. So far, we've gotten 5 newcomers, all humanoid characters. Even with the original, there were an equal number of humanoid and "monster" characters. What do i mean by this:
Humanoid: mario, link, luigi, capt falcon, ness, samus,
Monster: pika, dk, yoshi, kirby, fox, jiggs
6 humans, 6 monsters.

This pattern doesn't remain true for melee, but we had:
Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Peach, Capt Falcon, Ganondorf, Y. Link, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Samus, Ice climbers, Ness, G&W, Marth, Roy
Bowser, Yoshi, DK, Kirby, Fox, Falco, Pichu, Pika, Mewtwo, Jiggs
16 Humans, 10 monsters

Brawl had:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Wario, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Samus, ZSS, Pit, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Capt. Falcon, Marth, Ike, Ness, Lucas, G&W, and Snake
Bowser, DK, Diddy, Yoshi, ROB, Kirby, MK, Dedede, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Pika, Pokemon Trainer (you play as his pokes), Lucario, Jiggs, and Sonic
21 Humans, 16 Monsters.

So far for Smash 4, we have:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Link, Zelda, Toon Link, Samus, Pit, Olimar, Marth, Villager, Mega Man, WFT, Rosalina, and Little Mac
Bowser, DK, Diddy, Kirby, Dedede, Fox, Pika, Lucario, and Sonic
15 Humans, 9 monsters.

What i'm getting at here is this: We see more humanoid character then monsters. Most of the wanted newcomers are humanoid (Palutena, Takamaru, Mii, ect.) whereas there's not a whole lot of monster newcomers out there. I think for the next direct we could be seeing one. Or if not the next, definitely E3. *coughRIDLEYcough* Anyone want to add on or speculate with me?

Last edited:

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I think it's safe to say anyone who is in Sakurai's first Smash 4 concept art is high enough priority that he thinks no one should even consider they'd be cut. This image is like 99% confirmation of Meta Knight, ZSS, Wario, and G&W:

So yeah, Meta Knight cut = fake.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Do we know those are 'top priority', though? ^^ I mean, does Sakurai care so Little about Captain Falcon and Ness and such?

Also, Sandbag higher priority than most of the roster! Amazing! XD

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
I think it's safe to say anyone who is in Sakurai's first Smash 4 concept art is high enough priority that he thinks no one should even consider they'd be cut. This image is like 99% confirmation of Meta Knight, ZSS, Wario, and G&W:

Mr. Saturn confirmed.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Perhaps Mr. Saturn just represents the Earthbound series in general. Earthbound has always been a part of Smash, so it's a pretty important part of it.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Agreed, although I really don't except to see any vets cut (except maybe Snake, and that's only if Nintendo can't get him back).

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
The most important thing on that art is the confirmation of Master Hand, not that I expected it to be gone but after its "death" in Brawl you can never know for sure. Really hope taboo stays dead though. :p

Though cuts are unlikely, you should always be aware that certain characters got a priority over other ones. Even if they're trying to get everyone back, there will always be characters that will be worked on later than others. If things somehow go bad during development for whatever reason those characters that were later on the schedule are instantly at risk. The thing about making games is that things pretty much always go wrong since that's just how things go with software development, the real question is how wrong it will get. I think it would be best for everyone here to take more of a "anything can happen" attitude because I feel like most people here think that it's a 80/20 chance that everyone returns while its most likely is a 50/50 situation assuming the dev-team actually set out to bring everyone back. While typing this little wall of text I can already think of 20 different reasons why a character unfortunately didn't make it and I feel that people are underestimating how many factors actually play a role in a potential character cut.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
>Metaknight
>Getting Cut

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA My god these leaks are not even leaks anymore. Its Parody central <_<
I also love the reasoning, he was too OP.
Like Sakurai going "HOLY **** DUDES METAKNIGHT'S OP GOTTA NERF HIM"
Devs: "NO CAN DO IT'S IMPOSSIBLE THIS GAME IS DEAD"
Sakurai: "JUST CUT THAT ****, CUT THAT **** OFF BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE AND SPREADS"

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
The most important thing on that art is the confirmation of Master Hand, not that I expected it to be gone but after its "death" in Brawl you can never know for sure. Really hope taboo stays dead though. :p

Though cuts are unlikely, you should always be aware that certain characters got a priority over other ones. Even if they're trying to get everyone back, there will always be characters that will be worked on later than others. If things somehow go bad during development for whatever reason those characters that were later on the schedule are instantly at risk. The thing about making games is that things pretty much always go wrong since that's just how things go with software development, the real question is how wrong it will get. I think it would be best for everyone here to take more of a "anything can happen" attitude because I feel like most people here think that it's a 80/20 chance that everyone returns while its most likely is a 50/50 situation assuming the dev-team actually set out to bring everyone back. While typing this little wall of text I can already think of 20 different reasons why a character unfortunately didn't make it and I feel that people are underestimating how many factors actually play a role in a potential character cut.
THIS. It does not matter how popular you think a character is, how many reps that series has, or if the character is highly requested for smash. If and when things go wrong, people get cut. The sad reality is that can happen to anyone that isn't completely finished or hasn't been publicly seen. Excrement happens lol

http://3dsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1078013#post1078013

Weird how people who make these end up putting the newcomers in order of reveal, instead of either mixing them up or giving us a full roster. Using only what they give us to debunk the leak, do you guys thinks its an option to call it fake if the next newcomer isnt the one after little mac? this goes for all leaks like the one linked above
Characters: Everyone in Brawl except Pokemon Trainer, Metaknight, Sheik, and Ike return. Newcomers are: Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Chrom, Palutena, Dixie Kong, Dark Samus, Mii, Samurai Goroh, Takamaru, Dillon, Demise, an Pacman.
That's a peculiar choice of cut characters. While there are camps who expected PT and Ike to be retired, Meta Knight and Sheik are interesting picks.

Why would Sheik be retired but not Zero Suit Samus? The Zelda/Sheik pair was designed together, but ZSS was somewhat of a needless appendage and, imo, would be more likely to get dropped.

Meta Knight was a flagship character of Brawl, like Pit, and was the first Brawl newcomer to be revealed in the E3 2006 trailer. Being one of Sakurai's babies doesn't hurt his chances of returning, either. (Assuming this rumor is a lie, I think the author's idea is that since Meta Knight had second billing to Kirby and Dedede had third billing, announcing just Kirby and Dedede for SSB4 and skipping MK means he's cut. I disagree with that thinking.)

Like fill612 said, it's suspicious that leaks always start with listing the confirmed newcomers in order that they were revealed. I think a genuine leak might have characters listed either randomly, alphabetically, or in order of their character select portraits. But I'm digressing a little...

Dark Samus is a suggestion I don't often see but it sounds believable enough. Samurai Goroh is a suggestion that hasn't been raised much since Brawl. I think Goroh's window of opportunity was with Brawl; I don't see why he would be playable now, since the F-Zero series is dormant. Goroh's the fishiest thing about the rumor, to me.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

I should imagine that if that happens, said character would probably end up as DLC.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
http://3dsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1078013#post1078013

Weird how people who make these end up putting the newcomers in order of reveal, instead of either mixing them up or giving us a full roster. Using only what they give us to debunk the leak, do you guys thinks its an option to call it fake if the next newcomer isnt the one after little mac? this goes for all leaks like the one linked above
Meta Knight cut?

Probably not...

EDIT: Apparently this was being discussed the whole time.

I hate being late.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
This has been discussed before, but any leak right now that mention cuts probably shouldn't be worth our time. Cuts tend to happen at the end of the development cycle when time runs out. It wouldn't make any sense to announce a character cut in the middle of development. The only exception here is Snake since his fate would immediately be decided at the beginning of things.

When we get a concrete release date, then leaks containing cuts can be put into consideration.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This has been discussed before, but any leak right now that mention cuts probably shouldn't be worth our time. Cuts tend to happen at the end of the development cycle when time runs out. It wouldn't make any sense to announce a character cut in the middle of development. The only exception here is Snake since his fate would immediately be decided at the beginning of things.

When we get a concrete release date, then leaks containing cuts can be put into consideration.
Excellent point, sir.

Dan

Smash Lord
I think that's DK's hand.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm honestly not expecting anything from SSE to have any continuity into Smash 4. It might get a trophy mention or two.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
Refering to the references to SSE, I can honestly see a very simplified and shorter adventure mode still having Primids

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
With today's picture of the day, all I have to say is...
soon.
Just because Sakurai mentioned he hasn't talked about the Final Smashes doesn't mean he's gonna start showing them all of the sudden.

Actually, I hope he does so we can debunk you for good that much faster.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228

Not necessarily. Development cycle of games, as most people know, is done in phases. Pre-production, first-playable, alpha and beta. Right now the game is likely in beta; all characters that have been chosen are in the game, and aren't going to be changed. First-playable probably only contained four characters, perhaps not even that. During the alpha phase, they will have short-listed around 50 characters to include, but only start by adding about 20 or so. As they get further and further into development, they'll add more in batches until they don't have time to add any more.

Dead code, like the forbidden 7, occurs because the next character "batch" isn't finished before the end of alpha, when there's an intermediate phase known as code freeze. This is when the main code can no longer be altered, and only minor bug-fixes are implemented. For most developers this happens about 3-4 months before release, though for Nintendo, I'm told this happens a fair bit sooner.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Just because Sakurai mentioned he hasn't talked about the Final Smashes doesn't mean he's gonna start showing them all of the sudden.

Actually, I hope he does so we can debunk you for good that much faster.
What did ErenJager specifically state regarding particular Final Smashes?

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Don't take my word, but I believe that ErenJager is nothing but a fraud. I mean, he comes on this site to post a 'leak' with no evidence, and if you look at his most recent posts, it's as if he doesn't know ANYTHING about the new game.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What did ErenJager specifically state regarding particular Final Smashes?
He said the Villager's involved bees, and Mega Man's involved the Rush Armor.

Otherwise known as the most easy and predictable guesses ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom