• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
we need a realistic leak with ridley in it, tired of these none debunked underwhelming rosters

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Him and K. Rool. The term 'safe' has become a dog-whistle within this thread referring to those two villains. Those others, along with the Mii and Takamaru, are fair game, and won't net a roster that label. No one cries 'safe' for any of them, although, if you're lucky, someone will speak up and call such a roster 'disappointing.'
To my mind, Little Mac was the only character anywhere close to being a safe bet.

We're out in the woods now.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Something about the 3DS being unable to have two people doing the same thing at the same time. Plus, what if you had four people playing Ice Climbers? That'd be bad.

That's what people say, anyway. I don't buy it, though.
and again that was in early development.... this has been written off for consideration ever since Olimar and Rosalina both were revealed with multi-character movesets

If Pokemon gets a new rep it's not gonna be a gen 6 trainer. It's gonna be Zoroark.
Do people still actually think Zoroark has a genuine chance at all? I'm guessing this was a sarcastic post but for anyone else :p
He's not from Gen 1 so loses the 'Nintendo history' aspect, there have been 2 sets of main Pokemon games since he was front and centre of promotions (Black2/White2 & X/Y), (he's been in no leaks either worth considering :troll:) and with :039: now a good shoe-in for a Final Smash (Moon Blast anyone??) relating to her new Fairy-type status as well as :150: having already been taken into consideration for return by the devs + Pokemon Company pushing him and :lucario: (already back of course) with the latest games
and then there are 600+ other possibilities who're competing with the apparent potential of Zoroark lol

Which leak stated that Rosalina AND Zelda would have controllable puppets?
Have many other leaks suggested this for Zelda? More and more I'm thinking Zelda will get the Phantom with the rumoured 5th Zelda rep being Impa
(with :sheik: moves) because while she's alternated in appearance from old/unfit-for-fighting to agile warrior of the Shiekah she is one of the most consistent characters in Zelda (8 main title appearances) in fact not being far behind Ganon on appearance counts. As well as that I really can't see the Phantom as an Assist as simply another walk on one-slash type attacker as opposed to a guard for the princess. So many players transform to Shiek and stay that way it'd make more sense to separate them and provide each a further unique move and maybe leave the transforming to :pt:(and maybe the rumoured Lucina/Chrom spear/sword duo)?

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
You know, why would true leaks have like, one character in it. Like, any body would be like "Hey, I'll select newcomers other than just one of the and make the other somebody that has been announced". A real leaker wouldn't really do that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The person who leaked the original Smash Brawl cast just listed them all. This lead to some problems as because ROB came after Wolf some assumed that he as the helper Robot on the Great Fox and he was the obligatory super-fake character to mock whoever read that far in. That's how I remember it anyway.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Second Namco Rep? Maybe a Baten Kaitos Character? Since BK is a joint production between Nintendo, Monolith Soft, and Namco.

Then again, it's just my (wishful) thinking. :awesome:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
2 Namco reps? Are you ****ing kidding me?

It's been stated that they will not receive any special treatment. This one's done for.
No special treatment doesnt automatically exclude any Namco rep, but having 2 would seem like a stretch.

Last edited:

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Honestly what I don't get is when people see a roster leak, if it does not look safe (Like having characters like Dixie, Ridley, Pac man, etc) then it is automatically fake. If the final roster for SSB4 is just a bunch of boring characters and nothing new or surprising then I will be really disappointed in the roster. Throw in some characters no one will see coming (Like ROB, Lucas, Pit from ssbb for example), the roster is looking good so far, but I hope it's not just a bunch of safe options. I could care less about Dixie Kong being in Smash, same with Ridley and so on. Throw in some random ass Japan exclusive character that will make us want to know "Who the **** is that guy". Honestly the characters I want to see in SSB4 that are safe is Mewtwo, and Chrom, everyone else should surprise me I hope.

tldr; I hope they put in characters in smash that are not safe options.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
No special treatment doesnt automatically exclude any Namco rep, but having 2 would seem like a stretch.
Sure it might be fun to see a bunch of Namco reps with Nintendo ties (Lloyd Irving, Goku, Yoshimitsu, Kalas, Tank! etc) but frankly PacMan is the only truly iconic and Nintendo-linked character they have (Miyamoto made a Pac Man game and he's been in the Arcade Kart games for example) so him being in is reasonable... a 2nd character just seems to contradict how Sakurai picks 3rd party reps especially with the ones there (:sonic::snake:Mega) being both huge for the industry and having a long history with Nintendo

So yea 2 Namco reps..... nope, not unless we see Battle of Z etc or Symphonia Chronicles suddenly announced for WiiU.... calling fake

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina & Luma

Zelda Series
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda/Tetra OR Tingle

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard) OR Kalos Trainer (Chespin, Frogadier Delphox)
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo

Kirby Series
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Ike
Chrom

Star Fox Series
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kid Icarus Series
Pit
Palutena

Earthbound Series
Ness
Lucas

Metroid Series
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Namco Reps
Pac-Man
Dig Dug

Solo Reps
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Wario
Sonic
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac

Cut Characters
Snake
R.O.B.
If this is your prediction your good but theres

A 3 extreme mistakes

1 R.O.B kicked for the last time ROB is too unquie to be kicked and too much evidence protects him

2 dig dug !?!?!? Why on earth dig dug even possible

3 OMG stop trying to make rosters with no kicks

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
just a reminder anyone who "leaks" a character from a fighting game is lying sakurai has said there wont be any characters from fighting games

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I heard this rumor/theory back a long time ago regarding bosses:

Ridley, Yellow Devil, Dark Emperor, additional bosses will be playable but you control them using the gamepad while 4 other people using the other remotes (Wiimote, pro, etc) use normal characters trying to defeat you.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I heard this rumor/theory back a long time ago regarding bosses:

Ridley, Yellow Devil, Dark Emperor, additional bosses will be playable but you control them using the gamepad while 4 other people using the other remotes (Wiimote, pro, etc) use normal characters trying to defeat you.
debunked sakurai said no gamepad gimicks

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly what I don't get is when people see a roster leak, if it does not look safe (Like having characters like Dixie, Ridley, Pac man, etc) then it is automatically fake. If the final roster for SSB4 is just a bunch of boring characters and nothing new or surprising then I will be really disappointed in the roster. Throw in some characters no one will see coming (Like ROB, Lucas, Pit from ssbb for example), the roster is looking good so far, but I hope it's not just a bunch of safe options. I could care less about Dixie Kong being in Smash, same with Ridley and so on. Throw in some random *** Japan exclusive character that will make us want to know "Who the **** is that guy". Honestly the characters I want to see in SSB4 that are safe is Mewtwo, and Chrom, everyone else should surprise me I hope.

Wii Fit Trainer and maybe one other character nobody saw coming would be good enough.

While I agree it is good to toss a few in there, putting several of them over top contenders is just a terrible idea. You have to sell this game to people, and if it's filled with a bunch of characters nobody knows over characters that A LOT of people wanted, then that's a problem.

It's not when we see a character we don't like that we don't believe it, it's when it's not believable. If there are leaks without at least two of K.Rool, Ridley, Palutena or Mewtwo, then yeah, it's going to get a lot of flak.

T

Trick or Treat

1 R.O.B kicked for the last time ROB is too unquie to be kicked and too much evidence protects him
Just like he was so out there and unlikely to be playable in Brawl...

What evidence protects him? I'm not saying I expect him to be cut, but he's not a lock. And of all the characters, he's definitely one of the more likely to be cut.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Just like he was so out there and unlikely to be playable in Brawl...

What evidence protects him? I'm not saying I expect him to be cut, but he's not a lock. And of all the characters, he's definitely one of the more likely to be cut.
I would have said Toon Link was more likely to be cut, but we all know how that turned out...

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Honestly what I don't get is when people see a roster leak, if it does not look safe (Like having characters like Dixie, Ridley, Pac man, etc) then it is automatically fake. If the final roster for SSB4 is just a bunch of boring characters and nothing new or surprising then I will be really disappointed in the roster. Throw in some characters no one will see coming (Like ROB, Lucas, Pit from ssbb for example), the roster is looking good so far, but I hope it's not just a bunch of safe options. I could care less about Dixie Kong being in Smash, same with Ridley and so on. Throw in some random *** Japan exclusive character that will make us want to know "Who the **** is that guy". Honestly the characters I want to see in SSB4 that are safe is Mewtwo, and Chrom, everyone else should surprise me I hope.

No.

The majority of the roster SHOULD be deserving obvious characters that are indeed guessable because they SHOULD be in an "ultimate nintendo character fighting game".

A few out there choices is good to keep things fresh but honestly I dont want "sakurai's wacky fighters" I want super smash bros aka nintendo all stars battling it out. NOT random choices sakurai makes with the sole purpose of us being surprised at the roster cause we have to then LIVE with that roster and wait YEARS for another smash game to possibly see characters who should be in the game by now, given the number of characters in the roster, make an appearance.

Sorry if im coming off harsh I just strongly disagree with this type of thinking, your not looking beyond right now when guessing interesting characters is fun, eventually the game exists and ages and thats what we have to live with as our super smash bros game.

The list of characters this time around already has a lot of out there choices: WFT, Rosalina was pretty out there for a mario rep, with the high possibility from leaks of Mii who although is very nintendo at this point does fill that "weird" character spot. Honestly since i'm not expecting too many reps beyond this I'm hoping for more "guessable" obvious characters to finally make it in along with a retro or possibly one more strange choice (retro could fill both) but only if we are getting a good amount of newcomers. If there isnt many new character reveals left (and im doubting there is a ton left) than lets hope those deserving nintendo all stars get in over sakurai sending us curve balls for "fun".

Last edited:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
K leak time: http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/237193447

Hey guys, here with some Smash Bros. Wii U / 3ds news.
I know the full roster, the game's roster was completed months ago.
Instead of revealing character names I instead have decided to just do it based on # of reps for each franchise. Also, before anyone asks, "Lul, why 4chans?" Simply put: I've been a lurker here for many years I'm anonymous.

So here goes (I'm not counting transformations as reps, if any):
>5 Mario reps
>5 Zelda reps
>5 Pokémon reps
>3 Donkey Kong reps
>3 Kirby reps
>3 Fire Emblem reps
>3 Star Fox reps
>2 Kid Icarus reps
>2 Earthbound reps
>2 Metroid reps
>2 Namco reps
>10 Solo reps

Roster is stacked. Only a few characters were cut/replaced.
>"Roster is stacked."
>45 characters.

I saw this when it was first posted to /v/, but it was so bad that I didn't bother posting it here. The guy did not do his math or he is one of the chumps who legitimately thinks that the roster is going to be about the same size as Brawl's so 45 characters is "stacked" to him.

Also, this may not be an appropriate thread, but why do people think that Dixie Kong makes a rumor a "safe bet"? Is it because of "The Forbidden 7" where she only was going to be included tacked onto Diddy and was never considered as her own character? Or is it because she's playable in Tropical Freeze, which was revealed (and most likely decided) long after Sakurai finalized the roster?

It may just be me, but I think it's ridiculous to let Dixie's presence on a "leak" make anyone deem it as "too safe." Also, as has been said earlier, I don't think "too safe" is a legitimate excuse. Sure, I think Sakurai loves surprising people. However, his past games and his comments about Smash 4 have proven that he still wants to please the fans. It would be an insult if he disregarded what people wanted and put out a roster that isn't mostly "safe."

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
>"Roster is stacked."
>45 characters.

I saw this when it was first posted to /v/, but it was so bad that I didn't bother posting it here. The guy did not do his math or he is one of the chumps who legitimately thinks that the roster is going to be about the same size as Brawl's so 45 characters is "stacked" to him.
For someone who doesn't actively follow Smash or the previous games' patterns 45 probably seems like a lot. It's actually a fairly big roster, especially if you compare it to some of the other fighters like Street Fighter 4 or Marvel vs Capcom 3 where neither had that amount on launch (not sure about their current versions though.)

Either way, two Namco reps kills it for me, because that right there is most certainly "special treatment."

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
ROB is one of those characters that wasn't expected, but was important to Nintendo. I think he Brawl's Game & Watch, and he's original, so I would like him to stay.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Also, this may not be an appropriate thread, but why do people think that Dixie Kong makes a rumor a "safe bet"? Is it because of "The Forbidden 7" where she only was going to be included tacked onto Diddy and was never considered as her own character? Or is it because she's playable in Tropical Freeze, which was revealed (and most likely decided) long after Sakurai finalized the roster?

It may just be me, but I think it's ridiculous to let Dixie's presence on a "leak" make anyone deem it as "too safe." Also, as has been said earlier, I don't think "too safe" is a legitimate excuse. Sure, I think Sakurai loves surprising people. However, his past games and his comments about Smash 4 have proven that he still wants to please the fans. It would be an insult if he disregarded what people wanted and put out a roster that isn't mostly "safe."
I consider it a plethora of reasons, similar to all other characters people consider "safe-worthy." If a character was either hinted/referenced at before, even by things as dumb as stickers, or if the character is somewhat-to-moderately popularly requested (in other words, if it's a character people actually like or think is likely), then it takes the fun out of and makes speculation all but redundant. Most people seem to assume because we've never been able to accurately predict each games' curve balls that having a "safe" roster (and I use that term loosely, considering even things like all characters returning/no cuts can be considered "safe") is all but nigh impossible.

The other reason may be because most half-assed leaks just look like dream rosters playing off of relatively easy speculation trends, with the occasional preference oddball and completely left-field choice to spice things up. Dixie is not necessarily any of these, but people like to label her as such for the sake of following old patterns (coincidental spotlight during the games' major pre-development, hints to her from the past, etc.).

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
debunked sakurai said no gamepad gimicks
I don't believe that's what he said. He mentioned that the GamePad would not be used to give one player any advantages over the others because that would be deemed unfair. Of course, this would be referring to straight up battles. He never stated that the GamePad wouldn't be used at all, and I think it'd be crazy to think that one of the flagship titles for the Wii U that nearly everyone is anticipating wouldn't use the single most unique feature about the entire system.

One of the best things about Smash is that it has a plethora of options and game modes. I'm certain at least a couple will use the gamepad in some respect (Stage Builder for one, hopefully).

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
No.

The majority of the roster SHOULD be deserving obvious characters that are indeed guessable because they SHOULD be in an "ultimate nintendo character fighting game".

A few out there choices is good to keep things fresh but honestly I dont want "sakurai's wacky fighters" I want super smash bros aka nintendo all stars battling it out. NOT random choices sakurai makes with the sole purpose of us being surprised at the roster cause we have to then LIVE with that roster and wait YEARS for another smash game to possibly see characters who should be in the game by now, given the number of characters in the roster, make an appearance.

Sorry if im coming off harsh I just strongly disagree with this type of thinking, your not looking beyond right now when guessing interesting characters is fun, eventually the game exists and ages and thats what we have to live with as our super smash bros game.

The list of characters this time around already has a lot of out there choices: WFT, Rosalina was pretty out there for a mario rep, with the high possibility from leaks of Mii who although is very nintendo at this point does fill that "weird" character spot. Honestly since i'm not expecting too many reps beyond this I'm hoping for more "guessable" obvious characters to finally make it in along with a retro or possibly one more strange choice (retro could fill both) but only if we are getting a good amount of newcomers. If there isnt many new character reveals left (and im doubting there is a ton left) than lets hope those deserving nintendo all stars get in over sakurai sending us curve balls for "fun".
Thank god that you don´t make the smash bros series.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Hey - this has probably been discussed already, but it's attributed to a named Nintendo source and should be reasonably reliable - and the Mario Kart bit at least fits what's said:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U could arrive in the same Spring 2014 time frame. Speaking toNeckar-Chronik (via NeoGAF), Bernd Fakesch said, "At Christmas we now want to inspire with titles like Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club, Wii Fit U and all of course Super Mario 3D World, the classic Nintendo Family for the new console. For next spring two more big license games are also announced for our TV console with Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros."

No word yet on when Super Smash Bros. for 3DS will arrive, and which territories Fakesch's mention applies to. We've contacted Nintendo for more information.

Nintendo recently revealed theSkull Kid Trophy Assist and aSuper Mario Galaxy stage for Super Smash Bros.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/syst...s-mario-kart-8-and-ssb-launch-dates-30983200/

Bernd Fakesch is the General Manager of Nintendo Germany, I believe, which I suppose is what we can attribute to his somewhat broken English.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Hey - this has probably been discussed already, but it's attributed to a named Nintendo source and should be reasonably reliable - and the Mario Kart bit at least fits what's said:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U could arrive in the same Spring 2014 time frame. Speaking toNeckar-Chronik (via NeoGAF), Bernd Fakesch said, "At Christmas we now want to inspire with titles like Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club, Wii Fit U and all of course Super Mario 3D World, the classic Nintendo Family for the new console. For next spring two more big license games are also announced for our TV console with Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros."

No word yet on when Super Smash Bros. for 3DS will arrive, and which territories Fakesch's mention applies to. We've contacted Nintendo for more information.

Nintendo recently revealed theSkull Kid Trophy Assist and aSuper Mario Galaxy stage for Super Smash Bros.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/syst...s-mario-kart-8-and-ssb-launch-dates-30983200/

Bernd Fakesch is the General Manager of Nintendo Germany, I believe, which I suppose is what we can attribute to his somewhat broken English.
He redacted his statement a loooong time ago iirc.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Have the translations Venus of the Desert Bloom has pulled from the Famitsu article been talked about at all? One of them mentions that the green guy from the Find Mii stage is an Assist Trophy. It's speculation, sure, but something to keep in mind.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
So, any leak that stated the return of Andross AT? It's kinda a safe guess but it gives something to talk about.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Uh, really? What that person said is pretty reasonable and how it should be.
He takes a video game very serious, it must be fun and char needs to be unique. Of course you must take in account famous char for marketing purpose to not make a playstantion all star battle, but if you make too obvious and dull picks you make a boring game.

Is all about fun, peronality and gameplay. not because NINTENDO ALL STAR HONOR!! WHO DESERVE? WHO DON´T? OFF WITH JIGGLYPUFF HEAD!

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Ah, shame. Must've missed that.
That's after Sakurai corrected him. The western half of the company are probably planning and hoping for a spring/summer release which is what some rumors are supporting with target pre order cards and Gamestop getting a release window (someone claims to be fall though). There really is no reason for a fall release unless Iwata does something stupid. This game has more staff than brawl and has already passed Brawl's development time frame.

One things for sure Nintendo needs to have enough sense to know Kart won't keep the Wii U floating for 5 months with nothing else. Besides Bayonetta none of the other 2014 games look more done than Smash. X doesn't even have a proper name or story details.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
He takes a video game very serious, it must be fun and char needs to be unique. Of course you must take in account famous char for marketing purpose to not make a playstantion all star battle, but if you make too obvious and dull picks you make a boring game.

Is all about fun, peronality and gameplay. not because NINTENDO ALL STAR HONOR!! WHO DESERVE? WHO DON´T? OFF WITH JIGGLYPUFF HEAD!
You apparently didn't read the entire post, because the person you replied to earlier (papagenos) said the occasional left field choice was okay. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom