• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I believe the (incredibly stupid) response to that was that it wouldn't be as much fun anymore, since you couldn't print your pictures out and share them. Implying that was the thing that made the game fun. God damn it. Sigh. Nintendo's developers are so weird most of the time.

So, is anyone prepared for the horrors of April Fool's Day?
I didn't know you could print the damn things in the first place. And with Miiverse it seems more perfect than ever. Why is no one thinking straight over there?

And Yes, I am prepared. I'm going on a trip away from the net during that day.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Hawlucha is too random imo, he isn't a starter or a legendary... I can see the moveset being creative but the same can be said about Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Machamp, or any humanoid pokemon.
To be fair, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Pichu aren't either. Although they had other things going for them that Hawlucha sadly doesn't.

Don't get your hopes up. It'll be that creepy mo-cap Pikachu Detective game or something like that. Why can't Gamefreak make Pokemon Snap 2 but they can pull Ranger games out of their nethers like no-one's business?
I liked the Ranger games... But I will say that Pokemon Snap deserves a sequel.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I'm not here to be flamed. I'm not here to be harassed. I'm not here to cause commotion. I'm here for one reason: bringing what I know

I recently participated in a play test with a small group of people working with system updates on the Wii U and 3DS, bug tests in certain upcoming games, and overall telling the game designers technical improvements on the games.
I'm currently in college for game design and programming, so this play test was certainly beneficial to my education.
One of the games I was honored to test out was Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS. I was so excited to play it, and I'm here to bring my info to you.

First of all I'd like to say the game is fantastic. Like Sakurai said, the game is a lot more colorful and fast-paced than Brawl, especially on the 3DS version.
There is no story-mode similar to Brawl, but Adventure Mode returns that resembles Melee's very much.

Yoshi, Wario, Ganondorf, Sheik, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Ness, Lucas, Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, Falco, and Jigglypuff are currently the only veterans that haven't been revealed yet. As of now, Ike, Wolf, Snake, and ROB are currently not planned to return but will be added if the game is delayed. I am not aware of the release date as of yet.

Newcomers include Rosalina, Dixie Kong, Villager, Bowser Jr, Palutena, Hoenn Trainer, Wii Fit Trainer, Chrom, Pac-Man, Toon Zelda, Mii, Mewtwo, Mega Man and Little Mac

The reason Bowser Jr was added to the already large selection of Mario reps is because they are shifting Donkey Kong to represent his own series, separating them on the roster. Bowser Jr is not a clone of Bowser, and takes inspiration from Sunshine with his paintbrush

Wii Fit Trainer can be played in both male and female forms, similar to Wario and his overalls.

Mewtwo is the same as in Melee, but his Final Smash is Mega Evolution.

Mii has moves based on the sports games, with bowling balls and baseball bats.

Dixie Kong has many ponytail-based moves, but also can do a variety of moves similar to Donkey Kong's ground pound.

Little Mac's meter at the bottom can unleash an instant KO. Doing this while in Giga Mac form (his final smash) will produce an earthquake on the battlefield.

Chrom was added due to Awakening. He is very strong but unlike Ike he is very fast.

Hoenn Trainer has Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken. It is based on May, with a final smash involving Blaziken's mega evolution.

Villager's Final Smash allows a small house to fall down onto the stage. It will gradually grow bigger until everyone falls off the stage. Villager is not affected by the house.

Palutena is very fast and light, which allows for quick movement. Her moves involve using light attacks, similar to attacks she used when you battle her in Uprising. Her Final Smash is Pit's old Final Smash. Pit's new final smash gives him the Three Sacred Treasures.

Toon Zelda transforms into Phantom Zelda. She is pretty much a clone of regular Zelda.

Pac-Man is pretty much how you'd expect.

I'm beginning to run out of characters, but any questions you have I'd be glad to answer them.

There ya go.
I'm close to Bingo.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm not here to be flamed. I'm not here to be harassed. I'm not here to cause commotion. I'm here for one reason: bringing what I know

I recently participated in a play test with a small group of people working with system updates on the Wii U and 3DS, bug tests in certain upcoming games, and overall telling the game designers technical improvements on the games.
I'm currently in college for game design and programming, so this play test was certainly beneficial to my education.
One of the games I was honored to test out was Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS. I was so excited to play it, and I'm here to bring my info to you.

First of all I'd like to say the game is fantastic. Like Sakurai said, the game is a lot more colorful and fast-paced than Brawl, especially on the 3DS version.
There is no story-mode similar to Brawl, but Adventure Mode returns that resembles Melee's very much.

Yoshi, Wario, Ganondorf, Sheik, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Ness, Lucas, Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, Falco, and Jigglypuff are currently the only veterans that haven't been revealed yet. As of now, Ike, Wolf, Snake, and ROB are currently not planned to return but will be added if the game is delayed. I am not aware of the release date as of yet.

Newcomers include Rosalina, Dixie Kong, Villager, Bowser Jr, Palutena, Hoenn Trainer, Wii Fit Trainer, Chrom, Pac-Man, Toon Zelda, Mii, Mewtwo, Mega Man and Little Mac

The reason Bowser Jr was added to the already large selection of Mario reps is because they are shifting Donkey Kong to represent his own series, separating them on the roster. Bowser Jr is not a clone of Bowser, and takes inspiration from Sunshine with his paintbrush

Wii Fit Trainer can be played in both male and female forms, similar to Wario and his overalls.

Dixie Kong has many ponytail-based moves, but also can do a variety of moves similar to Donkey Kong's ground pound.

Little Mac's meter at the bottom can unleash an instant KO. Doing this while in Giga Mac form (his final smash) will produce an earthquake on the battlefield.

Chrom was added due to Awakening. He is very strong but unlike Ike he is very fast.

Hoenn Trainer has Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken. It is based on May, with a final smash involving Blaziken's mega evolution.

Villager's Final Smash allows a small house to fall down onto the stage. It will gradually grow bigger until everyone falls off the stage. Villager is not affected by the house.

Palutena is very fast and light, which allows for quick movement. Her moves involve using light attacks, similar to attacks she used when you battle her in Uprising. Her Final Smash is Pit's old Final Smash. Pit's new final smash gives him the Three Sacred Treasures.

Toon Zelda transforms into Phantom Zelda. She is pretty much a clone of regular Zelda.

I'm beginning to run out of characters, but any questions you have I'd be glad to answer them.
That part in particular is suspicious, since DK was already its own series.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman

That part in particular is suspicious, since DK was already its own series.
I thought that too. He says that they didn't want it to be grouped with Mario anymore. Which is stupid.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaiziken. Yes please. Too bad its fake. I don't see why Nintendo would have game testing done outside of their company. DK isn't a part of the Mario series lol. Thats probably the biggest blunder.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Holy crap. Doesn't that SSB4dojo tumblr post leaks there that appear in this thread? Maybe he posted the cucco leak before it was deleted?

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
To be fair, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Pichu aren't either. Although they had other things going for them that Hawlucha sadly doesn't.
Yeah but, Pichu was like the main character in Pokemon Channel with 'Pichu Bros', Lucario has movies and Jigglypuff was in a lot of the 1st gen pokemon anime episodes.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
The leaker on Pacman
"He's a very generic character. His Final Smash has him eat everyone, his basic moves are all eating-based. There's nothing that you wouldn't expect. I'm a little disappointed with his character choices."

??? It sounds more like he couldn't think of a unique/gimmicky moveset that was unique/obvious off of the top of his head like the other newcomers.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
The leaker on Pacman
"He's a very generic character. His Final Smash has him eat everyone, his basic moves are all eating-based. There's nothing that you wouldn't expect. I'm a little disappointed with his character choices."

??? It sounds more like he couldn't think of a unique/gimmicky moveset that was unique/obvious off of the top of his head like the other newcomers.
Sounds like he was running out of ideas.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The leaker on Pacman

Yeah the creative juice on this one is something Sakurai wouldn't do.

D

Deleted member

This new leak is stupid.

The fact that they mentioned Donkey Kong repping his own series is the first red flag to me. Donkey Kong has always been representing his own series like Yoshi and Wario are. It would be odd if Donkey Kong wouldn't be associated with the Mario franchise, especially when the Mario series and DK series are glued together. If he was to be separated from Mario, then he wouldn't have appeared in the Mario Kart segment in the Rosalina trailer.

A Mega Blaziken Final Smash is also off-putting. Why would the Hoenn Trainer have that as a Final Smash? Wouldn't it be more exciting to have all three Pokemon out and attacking as a Final Smash, like Pokemon Trainer Red does?

Lastly, he only said that Pac-Man is "pretty much how you expect." OK? Can you go into more detail on that? You can explain more about his gameplay style or something.
EDIT: I guess it was explained, but it seems like this guy hates Pac-Man, tries to make people think that this leak is legitimate, and then hopes to get their hopes down by making him seem like a disappointing character. I doubt Sakurai would make Pac-Man a disappointing character and would try to make him interesting.
EDIT 2: The fact that he says that he is a play tester makes this totally legit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Not all mods are active I guess.
It would be nice if they had more mods, specifically for that board, that could IP track some of the users on there like smashboards. It's extremely easy to make a new account on there to the point where you really have nothing to lose.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"I'm a playtester yadda yadda yadda..."

"The reason Bowser Jr. was chosen...(insert crap about DK series here)"

Okay.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Here's the thing about play testers: they're hired to play the freaking game. Not learn about all sorts of intricate reasons on WHY characters were chosen or not chosen.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Here's the thing about play testers: they're hired to play the freaking game. Not learn about all sorts of intricate reasons on WHY characters were chosen or not chosen.
Also I highly doubt at this point there are complete games for these play tests.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Probably mistaken, but this couldn't be the cucco leak y'all're remembering, could it?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68566720

Cucco Assist Trophy!

Just an idea for an assist trophy, a lone Cucco pops out starts wandering around the stage making chicken sounds, it can be picked up, thrown and used for gliding but, if you hit it or throw it too many times it crows and a wave of enraged Coccos will attack everyone.
---
3DS FC - 3480 2643 3055
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt

It was posted under a potentially misleading title and mixed in with other leaks could have lead to confusion.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
These leaks are too safe w/ their character rosters. Nothing interesting. And it's highly unbelievable that a "play tester" would know the entire roster to begin w/. At best they'd have access to a handful of predetermined characters in a demo. It would be more believable to me if leaks described something like characters gameplay mechanics compared to previous installments. Like, there's so much information you should be able to provide if you've actually had an opportunity to play the game. Leaks that focus solely on who's in the game and nothing else is a clear indicator that it isn't fake.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I'm not sure that's the one. Could be, but what do I know?

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
For some reason I'm sure it isn't the Cucco leak. The first thing I remember about that leak was how it was spelled so terribly. Am I the only one that remembers that bit? For some reason I remember people calling it out because it was spelled VERY poorly. Perhaps I imagined that?

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
No idea if that's anything or nothing - just something posted a while back in February under a potentially confusing title. If you'd read it and disregarded it I could understand believing there'd been a leak. I'm still looking now.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Probably mistaken, but this couldn't be the cucco leak y'all're remembering, could it?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68566720

Cucco Assist Trophy!

Just an idea for an assist trophy, a lone Cucco pops out starts wandering around the stage making chicken sounds, it can be picked up, thrown and used for gliding but, if you hit it or throw it too many times it crows and a wave of enraged Coccos will attack everyone.
---
3DS FC - 3480 2643 3055
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt

It was posted under a potentially misleading title and mixed in with other leaks could have lead to confusion.
No, it wasn't that. It was one item among several in an "Items" section that these sorts of info-dumps tend to have.

I remember being vaguely satisfied with the Cucco leak when it happened, which probably meant one of K. Roodley was on it, but damn, I wish the text had been copied over when it happened so we could know for sure.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
No, it wasn't that. It was one item among several in an "Items" section that these sorts of info-dumps tend to have.

I remember being vaguely satisfied with the Cucco leak when it happened, which probably meant one of K. Roodley was on it, but damn, I wish the text had been copied over when it happened so we could know for sure.
I'm pulling up a lot of leaks I haven't seen before using google's site search function, so it might be faster if some of us have a go with that. Going through the results for gamefaqs now.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I really hate these recent "leaks." As soon as they use the word "because" you know it's just a fan-fantasy.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Of course the leaker has ceased answering questions and left once put under pressure and pointed out for his mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom