• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Sakurai said long time ago that adding nothing but popular characters doesn't excite him... that's why he adds characters who are less popular but could be unique... such as Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Wii Fit Trainer, etc.

I predict we will see a sequel to this thread this coming summer. :troll:
You know what's hilarious? How people in this thread are saying that the newcomers in this game aren't exciting like they were in Brawl..... and that thread is ALL about how terrible the newcomers in Brawl are. No Geno! No Krystal! Only a bunch of Melee rejects!?!?!?! Maybe Sakurai does know best after all.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Here's something to talk about

"Hai guys my dad is Iwata and he let me have smash bros wii u for my birthday which was 2day.
zelda is not in the game cuz my dad said she sux.
new fire emblem rep is roy
luigi's mansion is a new character. he shoots ghosts at you
goku is playable and his final smash has him go super saiyan and he's like super sonic
also sonics final smash now has him turn into a werewolf bcuz that game rulz
sakurai has been lying about assist trophies. all assist trophies are playable characters
master chief is playable and is totally better than haf the people on the roster
everyone from the mario franchise is removed from the game except diddy kong
I'm totally legit
ur welcum. "

I think this one is real.
10/10: would read again!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Pretty sure posting obvious fake stuff is punishable by warnings. :/ But we'll see.

I guess there are no 'real' rumors/leaks to discuss?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Here's something to talk about

"Hai guys my dad is Iwata and he let me have smash bros wii u for my birthday which was 2day.
zelda is not in the game cuz my dad said she sux.
new fire emblem rep is roy
luigi's mansion is a new character. he shoots ghosts at you
goku is playable and his final smash has him go super saiyan and he's like super sonic
also sonics final smash now has him turn into a werewolf bcuz that game rulz
sakurai has been lying about assist trophies. all assist trophies are playable characters
master chief is playable and is totally better than haf the people on the roster
everyone from the mario franchise is removed from the game except diddy kong
I'm totally legit
ur welcum. "

I think this one is real.
This leak is BANANAS!!!!!! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!!!!

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738
I've always maintained a policy of not believing leaks until the game is very close to release or they provided hard evidence. And example of this would be the leaks that happened in the days just before Pokemon X/Y was released.

You may call me and idiot or stubborn but for now I consider these current 'leaks' educated guesses.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know what's hilarious? How people in this thread are saying that the newcomers in this game aren't exciting like they were in Brawl..... and that thread is ALL about how terrible the newcomers in Brawl are. No Geno! No Krystal! Only a bunch of Melee rejects!?!?!?! Maybe Sakurai does know best after all.
Even more hilarious is that this guy knew history was repeating itself.

I like how most of the things in this thred were said about Melee's roster, too.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Wow. I like how people are claiming that the possible new comer list has no fan favorites when what they really mean is that it doesn't have Ridley and K. Rool and that they don't like a combination of Pacman, Mii, and the Chorus men.

Megaman, Little Mac, Palutena, Shulk, Villager, Rosaline and Chrom all had a lot of support (some more then others.) They're not Ridley or K. Rool though, so apparently they don't count. The thing is, and I say this with Ridley being my second most wanted character, both of those characters had things working against them. Supporters could plug there ears and not listen, but Sakurai clearly knows Ridley is important (he always includes him in the game) and has had multiple chances to put him in the game. If he doesn't make it this time, it is likely because Sakurai doesn't think being a playable character is a good way to represent Ridley. K. Rool still has a decent chance to be in, but if he isn't let's please remember that Donkey Kong Country is a living and popular franchise, and that he has not been an important part of it for fourteen years.

TLDR: The Sal Leak + Rosalina DID include a lot of requested characters, and some other fan favorites like K. Rool and Ridley may not be in the game for legitimate (at least to Sakurai reasons) and NOT because Miis might be playable.
I think the main part of the disappointment, if we believe K Rool and Ridley are not playable, stems from the fact that the game is seriously lacking in the villain department. These two have had as big, if not a bigger impact on their respective series as any other villain. Its unfortunate really, especially because a large fanbase has been pulling for their inclusion since melee. By adding characters like chorus men, Sakurai is just playing with us. Im not trying to trash Rhythm Heaven or anything, I just find it somewhat disappointing that characters like this are being added for their "wow" factor

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think the main part of the disappointment, if we believe K Rool and Ridley are not playable, stems from the fact that the game is seriously lacking in the villain department. These two have had as big, if not a bigger impact on their respective series as any other villain. Its unfortunate really, especially because a large fanbase has been pulling for their inclusion since melee. By adding characters like chorus men, Sakurai is just playing with us. Im not trying to trash Rhythm Heaven or anything, I just find it somewhat disappointing that characters like this are being added for their "wow" factor
Although not a "true" villain, I think Mewtwo is likely in as a secret character. Honestly, there are only a few VERY requested characters not in that leak. Takamaru, K. Rool, Ridely, and Isaac and Dixie to an extent..... am I missing someone? If 2 or 3 of those characters end up being added in addition to the proposed leak, I think most level headed Smash fans will be happy.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Plenty of fans were going to be disappointed no matter the final result. Yes, it sucks that Ridley and K. Rool probably won't be playable, but fans of Advance Wars (for example) and other lesser series will most likely end up disappointed with the omission of their preferred protagonists in the final roster as well. Rhythm Heaven has plenty of fans; why are they less deserving of seeing their favorite character get in? If sheer majority popularity dictated roster inclusion SSB would have nothing but Pokereps and Mario characters.

Also, what's with people saying that Sal added in the part about the 6 being predicted for E3? Sal himself was very clear that the rumor predicted E3 reveals.
Rumors only and

1 the kremlings does not deconfirm king k rool for a boss and can be playable so its 60/40 for him now (60 is playable)

2 look at the ridley thread them and myself found evidence that sakurai may have trolled us again beside when we saw toon link as the conductor of the train we immediately assume he is decofirmed and look he's playable Ridleys shadow represents the same thing he's not deconfirmed nor confirmed right now.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wait, people are seriously thinking Ness is going to be cut? Didn't we go through this once before.

And what is with everyone complaining about the roster? Considering most of us were lamenting how few interesting characters remained prior to Sm4sh, I think Sakurai has done an exceptional job so far.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Wait, people are seriously thinking Ness is going to be cut? Didn't we go through this once before.

And what is with everyone complaining about the roster? Considering most of us were lamenting how few interesting characters remained prior to Sm4sh, I think Sakurai has done an exceptional job so far.
This is the rumors and leaks thread. We don't take kindly to level headedness 'round here.

Last edited:

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738

Most complaints about the roster are simply because -insert character here- hasn't been announced yet. I don't know why so many people distrust the man whenever the game is out most people will end up saying the roster is just fine just like with Brawl.

domriver

Smash Lord
LOL @ the master chief suggestion. Though the Chief isnt owned by Microsoft is it? Or does Bundle still hold rights to it? If so then well.. possibilities jejeje.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Wait... People think ssb4's newcomers are bad?

Wow didn't know that. Brawl's newcomers weren't exciting to me at all... Megaman by himself is more exciting to me than anything pre-brawl.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
^This

I'm so glad Sakkurai isn't sticking with the cookie cutter rosters we're always seeing on here. Makes things a lot more interesting.

Like WFT <3

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Most complaints about the roster are simply because -insert character here- hasn't been announced yet. I don't know why so many people distrust the man whenever the game is out most people will end up saying the roster is just fine just like with Brawl.
First off, assuming Sal's source is correct about the characters he has leaked, there's nothing saying there won't be other newcomers.

Secondly, there actually aren't that many characters with cross-cultural appeal. He's been fair to just about every interest at this point, so whining that he's 'ignoring' the popular choices is just silly when nobody even really knows who qualifies for that category. The possibility of an unplayable Ridley is treated as some great travesty, but for most of Japan, they probably couldn't care less considering how disinterested they tend to be in the Metroid series. Same thing is true for other characters we like to project our view of entitlement onto. The only characters that could make a case for being consistent overall requests on both sides of the pond is Mega Man and Mewtwo. Outside of those two, everything else is just a grab bag of different factional interests. Don't blame Sakurai for taking more leeway to create a more diverse roster this go around.

All in all, I agree with you homeslice.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I dunno about the rest of you, but I sure as hell got tired of seeing the same yawn inducing Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
^This

I'm so glad Sakkurai isn't sticking with the cookie cutter rosters we're always seeing on here. Makes things a lot more interesting.

Like WFT <3
Actually... what I am seeing right now... are people making more cookie cutter rosters around the confirmed newcomers and confirmed veterans who used to be transformations...

For example, pre-E3 rosters would usually have the 35 characters plus Mega Man, Mewtwo, Roy, Ridley, King K. Rool, Palutena, Little Mac, Takamaru, Mii, and Pac-Man... for a total of 45 characters (if we are being too conservative and not expecting too many newcomers).... OR add five more characters of your personal choices to the aforementioned newcomers if you want 50 characters.

When E3 2013 came and went... cookie cutter rosters started to have Villager and Wii Fit Trainer... meaning they were forced to remove two of their personal choices to maintain a 50-character roster. When Rosalina was confirmed... cookie cutter rosters started to have Rosalina... meaning they were forced to remove one more of their personal choices to maintain a 50-character roster.

When the Smash Direct came and went... cookie cutter rosters started to have Zelda & Sheik, Samus & Zero Suit Samus, and Charizard as standalone characters... and add Greninja to the rosters... meaning they were forced to remove Pokemon Trainer and at least two more characters to maintain a 45- or 50-character rosters.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I can see Roy, Pichu, Dr. Mario and Mewtwo being DLC because at this rate, we won't see any Melee fighters that were cut in Brawl.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
People, less Rosters, more Rumors.

Any very recent rumors? Not even terrible Gamefaqs ones?
If people want me to stop posting rosters in here i will, but the rosters i post are always just compilations of rumors so i figured that makes them completely on topic and helps us discuss things by having a visual look at whats being proposed here.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
If people want me to stop posting rosters in here i will, but the rosters i post are always just compilations of rumors so i figured that makes them completely on topic and helps us discuss things by having a visual look at whats being proposed here.
I know, I just meant those that started talking about Rosters and such, as in, what they Think and want for the roster. ^^

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I can see Roy, Pichu, Dr. Mario and Mewtwo being DLC because at this rate, we won't see any Melee fighters that were cut in Brawl.
I think Mewtwo is a possibility still, 8 Pokemon reps isn't that farfetched as they had 6 on Brawl with two more planned. A lot of people seem to think that 6 pokemon reps is a real maximum, but I guess they either don't know, forget or choose to ignore those facts.

Dr Mario could easily be Mario's alternate costume (and I often suspected that the Dr Luigi game was almost an excuse to do the same for him for Smash).

The rest I don't see happening unless they decide to bring Roy back for whatever "Smash 6" is.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I know, I just meant those that started talking about Rosters and such, as in, what they Think and want for the roster. ^^
alright gotcha, i know a few days ago a gamefaqs "leak" had cut ice climbers and no one noticed (including me) until i made the roster visually, so i do think it helps. Sorry if putting up compiled leak rosters sometimes derails the thread with people looking at it and then saying how they would personally make the roster, missing the fact that all i did was show what these leaks might look like when put together.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's so funny... before the Smash Direct, people were so sure of the "Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo" roster and that there would be only five slots for Pokemon characters.... but after Greninja showed up and messed up everything and Charizard became a standalone character, now people are desperately hoping for 6-8 slots for individual Pokemon... keeping Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, maybe Squirtle and Ivysaur...

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
As far as the leaks go, what is the likelihood that we don't get Mewtwo, Ridley, K Rool, or a Ganondorf revamp? If none of those happen I'll be upset. At least one should happen...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pretty sure a revamped Ganondorf is probably the only thing you are getting.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ papagenos papagenos
I understand, and it did help, since there's pretty much no way Ice Climbers would be cut. ^^ Made to be only one, possible. But not cut~

Btw, Ganondorf, is there any alive leaks that talks about him getting a moveset change?

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Knowing Nintendo's history I'm kind of doubting we'll get patches or DLC. Really... Nintendo does it with some games but... yeah still doubting. They're slow on the internet stuff.

And if the Smash 6 next year rumors are true they might just do it that way instead.

Flarame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flarame
I would completely burst out of joy if Nintendo could announce that after Sakurai completed his work, after teaching all those guys at Namco how to handle a Smash game, that they're leaving the game's future in their hands, for future balance patch, DLC characters & stages, free Stage Creation stuff, etc.

Sakurai could rest easy, giving us the Smash fan a game that's filled with content and good for esport. That would go well with the rumor of BN searching staff to work on Smash for 2015, even if the franchise is a property of Nintendo

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Pretty much my thoughts this past week. The Direct and the press release photos basically confirmed that :wario::metaknight::lucas:/:ness2::falcon::popo: were coming back and strongly implied that everyone who has been in at least two games was safe (:falco::ganondorf::jigglypuff::gw:) so I don't get why I'm still seeing a ton of cut heavy lists. Also, I agree that the character choices have been fantastic so far. Aside from Little Mac and Megaman, I never saw any of the others coming and its been a pleasant surprise to see them. It also reassures me that this will not be the last Smash game with an interesting cast and that Sakurai will always find a way to surprise us. Really, I think more people should just enjoy the ride. E3 is now less than two months away and I'm sure the starting roster will see more "popular" additions then. The games are now probably four months off and there's still a lot we don't know but I feel like most people will be happy with the end result.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Not super sure why we're taking about this here, but I'll assume it's somehow on topic...

I figure if Nintendo were going to do any sort of DLC that they didn't consider as "bonus stuff" but rather as "this is the next evolution of the game" they would probably release such an update physically to make sure that no one can't have access to it. Theoretically of course.

That 2015 rumor doesn't make sense to me as such an update though, honestly can't imagine Nintendo is already working on something that's additional cost to the costumer THIS early on. My money's on it being an arcade game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would completely burst out of joy if Nintendo could announce that after Sakurai completed his work, after teaching all those guys at Namco how to handle a Smash game, that they're leaving the game's future in their hands, for future balance patch, DLC characters & stages, free Stage Creation stuff, etc.

Sakurai could rest easy, giving us the Smash fan a game that's filled with content and good for esport. That would go well with the rumor of BN searching staff to work on Smash for 2015, even if the franchise is a property of Nintendo
Hahaha. You wish.

We aren't getting SSB6 in 2015... we are likely getting SSB6 on Nintendo's next home console after Wii U.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
As far as the leaks go, what is the likelihood that we don't get Mewtwo, Ridley, K Rool, or a Ganondorf revamp? If none of those happen I'll be upset. At least one should happen...
Ridley's likely hood is an odd topic. Many believe he is practically deconfirmed with all the hints about him being a stage hazard Sakurai has given us. While other believe these hints are just him trolling and that it makes Ridley's likely hood even greater
Mewtwo is a gray area, there is nothing really working against him other than there are already quite a few pokemon.
I really don't get why so many people doubt K Rool, the kremlings are enemies in the new Run mode so I think that makes his chances a tad bit better, but theres nothing making them any worse IMO
Reworked Ganon I just sorta doubt

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The games are now probably four months off and there's still a lot we don't know but I feel like most people will be happy with the end result.
People are never happy with the end result.
Mostly because a lot of people want really obscure characters in the game whose franchises have never been represented in smash, but that's mostly because their franchises are very obscure :I

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
People are never happy with the end result.
Mostly because a lot of people want really obscure characters in the game whose franchises have never been represented in smash, but that's mostly because their franchises are very obscure :I
That's a pretty unfair thing to say. Yeah it's true you can't please everyone, but in general people are looking like they'll be good with whatever ends up happening. That's all he was trying to say.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
So guys, is there a list of the leaks "killed" by the direct or anything like that? The OP is not updated so is kinda of hard to look from page to page. thanks!

warionumbah2

Smash Master
If anyone thinks the original 12 aren't making it, just log out this site or give someone else your password so they can change it preventing you from posting such ludicrousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom