• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4Wii U/3DS Assist Trophies and Poke Ball Discussion (New OP!)

jigglover

Smash Lord
http://www.google.co.uk/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb//GamesRadar/us/Games/P/Pokemon%20Battle%20Revolution/Everything%20else/Complete%20Pokedex/K%20-%20O/Ledian--screenshot_large.jpg&sa=X&ei=94caUPveIYqU0QXMpoDIBw&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFAbB7GLLm5RsZkV287AYcFL18qBQ

Pokeball Pokemon:
Say hello to Ledian. Flies around the screen not affected by walls or boundaries faster than Sonic and homes in on opponents and uses comet punch. It lasts 8 seconds and deals 18% damage each punch. It stays on an opponent for its whole time limit if it manages to punch it just once. It ignores shields and so if the opponent tries to roll dodge etc. it gets punched nonetheless. It stuns the opponent for one second after it finishes as well.

Assist trophies:
Bucha: A slightly bigger Snorlax.

Bullet Bills: 10 of them shoot across the screen at random heights and differing times. They can be avoided with a picture perfect roll dodge or by a high jumper like Yoshi (there will always be space to jump above them.) It deals about the same knockback as a Peach slap but 15% damage per bullet bill, this means that if you get hit by all of them then that's 150% damage!

King Boo (if he isn't playable): Summons Boos to surround him, basically what he does in the Bowser battle in Mario Party 9. (Don't know if any of you have it.) What he does is he sends Boos flying around the stage, not like latio/as or Kat and Ana, but in a * with a line going through the middle. He is in the centre of it and takes up about half of the final destination. Each boo is 18% and mediocre knockback. If you touch King Boo then it is high knockback and 28% damage. The hit-box of it is the edges of King Boo, no exception, but also no further. Each boo is a little bit more than the size of Pikachu.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
How does everyone feel about the idea of having a Pokemon trainer be an Assist Trophy, using one of their pokemon to attack? I know there's already pokeballs, so it would essentially be just taking up a space of an Assist Trophy character with another pokemon that could be a pokeball... but there's so many non-Pokemon characters in the games that would be cool to see in some way. For example, what if Cynthia was an Assist Trophy, and would appear in the back near Pokemon Trainer, and would send out Garchomp to attack for her?

D

Deleted member

Dang it asage94, you stole my Pokeball idea!

Now I need to think of some Assist Trophy/Pokeball ideas.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus

I don't know how he is in Uprising but in the NES game he was a horrific enemy. Basically he would move side to side along the platform he's on lobbing eggplant in the air. If the eggplant hits your upper body turns into an eggplant. You can't attack or fly but you can run and jump. After awhile you'll turn back into your normal self.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Nah, I think the idea of people waddling around helplessly is more faithful to the original source material.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nah, I think the idea of people waddling around helplessly is more faithful to the original source material.
The reason for my input is more affiliated with the Eggplant Wizard getting the mid-boss treatment as well. If the player turns into a helpless eggplant, the Eggplant Wizard can then swat him/her with his staff without any fear of being attacked. You can still break free from the spell in the same way that you break free from the Yoshi eggs.

Basically, the Eggplant Wizard would be a weaker mid-boss, which would focus more on racking up damage, instead of delivering devastating attacks.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Yoshi Assist Trophy

The Babies- Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Bowser, Baby DK, Baby Yoshi and Baby Wario

Here is what they do. Baby Daisy drives around in a kart. Baby Bowser goes around breathing fire. Baby Yoshi goes around eating people and turning them into eggs. Baby Wario goes around throwing Bomb-ombs. Baby Peach hits people with a baseball bat. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi go around swinging their hammers.

:phone:

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Egg plant wiz would be an amazing boss :O....

And the tempura wiz should soo be an AT.

:phone:

jigglover

Smash Lord
SmasherMaster, baby Peach should hit people with the Peach Parasol since she uses it more than her adult counterpart. Baby Wario should attract people with magnets and then blow them up with Bob-ombs.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb//GamesRadar/us/Games/P/Pokemon%20Battle%20Revolution/Everything%20else/Complete%20Pokedex/K%20-%20O/Ledian--screenshot_large.jpg&sa=X&ei=94caUPveIYqU0QXMpoDIBw&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFAbB7GLLm5RsZkV287AYcFL18qBQ

Pokeball Pokemon:
Say hello to Ledian. Flies around the screen not affected by walls or boundaries faster than Sonic and homes in on opponents and uses comet punch. It lasts 8 seconds and deals 18% damage each punch. It stays on an opponent for its whole time limit if it manages to punch it just once. It ignores shields and so if the opponent tries to roll dodge etc. it gets punched nonetheless. It stuns the opponent for one second after it finishes as well.

Assist trophies:
Bucha: A slightly bigger Snorlax.

Bullet Bills: 10 of them shoot across the screen at random heights and differing times. They can be avoided with a picture perfect roll dodge or by a high jumper like Yoshi (there will always be space to jump above them.) It deals about the same knockback as a Peach slap but 15% damage per bullet bill, this means that if you get hit by all of them then that's 150% damage!

King Boo (if he isn't playable): Summons Boos to surround him, basically what he does in the Bowser battle in Mario Party 9. (Don't know if any of you have it.) What he does is he sends Boos flying around the stage, not like latio/as or Kat and Ana, but in a * with a line going through the middle. He is in the centre of it and takes up about half of the final destination. Each boo is 18% and mediocre knockback. If you touch King Boo then it is high knockback and 28% damage. The hit-box of it is the edges of King Boo, no exception, but also no further. Each boo is a little bit more than the size of Pikachu.
I'm just bringing these up again with the addition of King Boo. I'll edit and quote my original post for any more ideas I have in case people miss it since I think they're pretty good.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I thought up a Marowak Poke Ball to contribute to the thread.

[COLLAPSE="Marowak Poke Ball"]

Marowak

Essentially, he's the Gray Fox of Poke Balls. He runs around the stage using Bone Rush for combo type stuff with low knockback, like Gray Fox. He finishes the onslaught with Bonemerang, which sends his bone flying up to a full Final Destination-length away. Getting hit by Bonemerang will cause massive knockback. Marowak will then catch the bone, shut his eyes, kneel and disappear.​

[/COLLAPSE]

It's kind of funny. Marowak is one of those Pokemon that would translate ridiculously well into a playable character for Smash Bros., with its fighter stance and 3 signature moves (well, two now due to Lucario and Mandibuzz also getting Bone Rush), but lacks the notability and demand to get in. Such a shame, too. I mean, Smash Bros. doesn't have anything like a tribal club user. Heck, Nintendo itself lacks many notable club users.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sawk

If released from its Poke Ball, Sawk will quickly rush towards the opponents and attack them with an assault of Close Combats. Because of its brute force, Sawk is capable of KOing opponents quickly, especially since Close Combat delivers multiple blows.
----------------------------
Throh

If released from its Poke Ball, Throh will stand its ground, waiting for an opponent to come within its range. If an opponent gets too close to Throh, it'll grab that opponent, and execute Circle Throw, sending that opponent flying great distances. Alternatively, it'll use Superpower, which not only deals heavy damage, but can also score quick KOs.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I really want her as an AT. I think she's much more iconic and interesting than Waluigi.

Birdo

I know some of you want her playable but I feel she would be a great AT. She moves about on the stage like other AT and she does two things.

One is her classic eggshot. She'll shoot a series of eggs that fly in a straight line. They fly off the screen unless they hit a barrier and vanish. These eggs can do damage but they can also be jumped on and ridden. They can also be picked up and thrown. Occasionally she'll shoot a fire ball which does massive damage.

Next is her kissing attack. If an opponent gets near her she'll chase them and hug them giving them a series of kisses which does damage. Then it will do a short knock back (% does not effect the distance) and the person will get up stunned similar to a shield break.

AT/Pokemon List
Eggplant Wizard
Birdo

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I think she's much more iconic and interesting than Waluigi.
Why do people like you keep constantly bringing the "X character is better than Waluigi because of Y" thing around ?
Did someone curse Waluigi or something for him to be hated this much on these forums ?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Why do people like you keep constantly bringing the "X character is better than Waluigi because of Y" thing around ?
Did someone curse Waluigi or something for him to be hated this much on these forums ?
I wish he'd get a part in a main series game, or at least a game that wasn't a sport or party game.
Then we can REALLY see how much people hate that sorry excuse for a character! :bee:

It's what he gets for being an unwanted counterpart to an unwanted plumber brother. Always living in his brother's shadow.

jigglover

Smash Lord
It's not just these forums, I've never known anyone my whole life who doesn't hate Waluigi, and that is no understatement. Sometimes my brother plays Waluigi just so that he can troll me when he does something right.
And yeah, the designers and producers of the character cursed him.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Well I've stated my reasons on the Birdo thread on why I don't like him. I just feel there are more Mario characters that would be better AT's than Waluigi. I was very confused to actuallly see him in Brawl. He's not well liked in Mario and I think he's the Mario's version of Tingle. According to Wikipediea he's been given negative review by GameDaily, GamesRadar, Kotaku, IGN, and Game Informer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waluigi#Reception

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman

I'd love for Maxwell to be an assist trophy he could draw something that the user could need at the time like tanks or a dragon or a nuke or some zombies

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No, he just brought his hate upon himself. :troll:

But seriously, he is just a generally hated character. Ain't just these fourms, bud.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Well I've stated my reasons on the Birdo thread on why I don't like him. I just feel there are more Mario characters that would be better AT's than Waluigi. I was very confused to actuallly see him in Brawl. He's not well liked in Mario and I think he's the Mario's version of Tingle. According to Wikipedia he's been given negative review by GameDaily, GamesRadar, Kotaku, IGN, and Game Informer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waluigi#Reception
>IGN
I also like how alot of these people seem to hate on Wario too, despite having 2 series of his own.

No, he just brought his hate upon himself. :troll:

But seriously, he is just a generally hated character. Ain't just these fourms, bud.
Gamefaqs.com

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I really want her as an AT. I think she's much more iconic and interesting than Waluigi.

Birdo

I know some of you want her playable but I feel she would be a great AT. She moves about on the stage like other AT and she does two things.

One is her classic eggshot. She'll shoot a series of eggs that fly in a straight line. They fly off the screen unless they hit a barrier and vanish. These eggs can do damage but they can also be jumped on and ridden. They can also be picked up and thrown. Occasionally she'll shoot a fire ball which does massive damage.

Next is her kissing attack. If an opponent gets near her she'll chase them and hug them giving them a series of kisses which does damage. Then it will do a short knock back (% does not effect the distance) and the person will get up stunned similar to a shield break.

AT/Pokemon List
Eggplant Wizard
Birdo
Don't forget there are THREE kinds of that thing:
The pink one that shoots eggs, the red one that shoots fireballs and the green one that shoots both eggs and fireballs.
It would be interesting if the both of three pop out at once.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
E-123 Omega

When released from an Assist Trophy, Omega will lock onto a random opponent, and start firing homing missiles at him/her. The missiles can pack a big punch at times. If the target is nearby, however, Omega will fire explosives that'll deal damage, and send the target flying great distances.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

When released from the Pokeball, Sigilyph will use Air Slash and create a pseudo-barrier of saw blade wind that surrounds itself, then disperses the wind which damages all opponents. It preforms this action about 3 times before leaving.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Don't forget there are THREE kinds of that thing:
The pink one that shoots eggs, the red one that shoots fireballs and the green one that shoots both eggs and fireballs.
It would be interesting if the both of three pop out at once.
Actually the Red ones shoot eggs and fireballs while the greens only shoot fireballs. I just thought mixing them would be better.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Frey (Zangeki no Reginleiv)

When summoned from the assist trophy, he swings his sword while slash marks appear in different locations to cut the opponents.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Goriath
[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

When released from an Assist Trophy, Goriath will attack by extending his stretchable arms to punch your opponents. The speed of the punches are quite fast, but there's a delay between each punch that Goriath executes.

Goriath EX
[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

Goriath EX is an unlockable Assist Trophy, which is less common to get than Goriath. Unlike Goriath, Goriath EX attacks by creating a powerful energy ball, which is based on Dragon Ball Z's Spirit Bomb. Upon finishing the charge, Goriath EX will throw the energy ball downwards, dealing extremely high damage to any opponents that are caught in the attack's path. The attack is also unblockable.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Though I would rather have him playable I truely doubt it. So I would like to see this guy replace Goroh as an AT.

Pico

Being one of the most aggressive drivers in the F-Zero univers and part time mercenary/assasin he seems to fit the position as an AT very well. I'm thinking he have assortment of guns to use and possibly use his shell for spin attacks.

AT/Pokemon List
Eggplant Wizard
Birdo
Pico

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Genesect

Genesect is an unlockable Poke Ball Pokemon, which is very rare to get from a Poke Ball, but has higher odds of appearing from a Master Ball. When released, Genesect will utilize Techno Blast against opponents, and the attack's effects are determined by which drive Genesect is equipped with. While Techno Blast is merely average powered, the drive that Genesect is equipped with can add additional effects to the attack.

No Drive: If Genesect isn't equipped with a drive, Techno Blast will only deal moderate damage and deliver normal knockback.

Burn Drive: If Genesect is equipped with the Burn Drive, Techno Blast will deal moderate damage, and have flame effects. Knockback is fairly strong.

Shock Drive: If Genesect is equipped with the Shock Drive, Techno Blast will deal moderate damage, and can temporarily paralyze opponents. No knockback is delivered, due to the paralysis effect.

Douse Drive: If Genesect is equipped with the Douse Drive, Techno Blast will deal moderate damage, and can send opponents flying at low angles. Knockback is fairly strong.

Chill Drive: If Genesect is equipped with the Chill Drive, Techno Blast will deal moderate damage, and temporarily freeze opponents. This move has a set knockback value, which does not change, regardless of the opponents' current damage.

pokémoneinstein

Smash Cadet
Let's Talk Assist Trophies!

I've got a small list, each of them are pretty self-explanitory:

Birdo
Magnus
Careening Dirigibug
Tails in his plane (replacing Shadow)

But the character I most care about seeing is definitely Cranky Kong. He'd pop up in corners of the screen similar to the way he comes up shaking his cane in the DKC intro, and he'd have a Mr. Resetti sort of effect. He'd spend all his time yapping about why video games these days are terrible, and how the classic games are so much better. For a better sense of how he would do this, think of the DKC instruction manual, or the Cranky's Cabin area from the original game, and apply his sort of griping to modern gaming's situation, like processing power, the FPS genre, etc. I'm sure he could throw in a few asymetric gameplay mentions. Overall, I think it'd be great.

What do you guys think of that?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Other than the Cukoo another AT from the Zelda universe I would think would be pretty cool is...

Epona
The person who summons her would get to ride her. It would be similar to Wario's Bike but different.

First Epona can attack and you will be able to make her Kick, stomp, bite and charge enemies similar to how calvary knights would use a horse.

Some of the rider's attacks will be incorporated (for example up attacks and specials) which would give make her different depending on the rider.

You can also dismount her and strike her which will cause her to run which can be used to charge enemies. This also allows people who don't like riding her to get off.

I think the double jump is possible but you won't be able to cliff hang. Instead you will be able to jump off of her in a form of a super jump (Yoshi knows what I'm talking about).

Also with FE characters like Marth or Ike you can get a feel of having a mounted solider in Smash.

AT/Pokemon List
New Age Retro Hippie
Eggplant Wizard
Birdo
Pico
Epona

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Assist Trophy: Kleever

Kleever is a living cutlass from Donkey Kong Country 2. It is about twice the height of Donkey Kong, but is rather skinny. When Kleever is summoned, it will instantly start hovering, as it did in its boss battle. It can move around the battlefeild at about Donkey Kong's walking speed. It cannot be hurt and cannot fall offscreen because it hovers.

When a opponent runs into Kleever, it will cause a small knockback and cause 4-8% damage. Like Lyn, Kleever will select a single opponent, however it's opponent selection will not be random, it will go for the nearest opponent. It will hover over to them untill it is about a Diddy Kong's length away from them, and will lean back, warning of an impending strike. The opponent will have 1 whole second to move away from the strike zone. When Kleever strikes, it will slash downwards untill it is at a horizontal angle. It charges foward while striking, covering a distance that takes 1 whole second to cover. (Distance coverage estimate: If starting strike directly off the side of Final Destination, it will cover 1/3 of the platform.) Getting hit by the actual swing of the strike will cause a heavy knockback and 20-26% damage. Getting hit while its charging foward horizontally will cause a medium knockback and 14-20% damage. It takes 1/2 second for Kleever to return to normal after attacking.

Kleever can be impatient to attack. If 3 seconds pass and Kleever has not approached a opponent, it will begin charging medium-sized fireball at the tip of its balde. It will lean back and throw the fireball in the direction of the nearest opponent, but the fireball will not track the opponent down. The fireball toss takes 1/2 second to perform. The fireball moves at the speed of a running Bowser. It will explode of contact, causing a medium knockback with 17-23% damage.

If for any reason there is no opponent to attack, Kleever will hover in place and will shoot fireballs in a random direction if kept waiting. It will try to attack 3 times before dissapearing.​

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Assist Trophy: Super Team Robot

A member of the secret team from Super Mario Strikers.
The Super Robot is a powerful and agile character who will run around with the soccer ball from Charged and kick it at opponent causing a lot of damage. He will finish off his assault with his special move the ROBO-STRIKE!​

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see Metapod in the next Smash. It will use harden and just stand in the way.

Cute.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Due to the emphasis Sakurai placed on Palutena in Brawl when she wasn't even an AT, I think that she's a surefire bet for a newcomer, but if she doesn't end up playable, then I think it's almost guaranteed that she'll be an AT.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
for pokeballs id like to see, klinklang, chandalure, tangela and xatu

for assist trophies id like to see, riki (xenoblade), amiti (golden sun), shy guys and captain syrup

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Why do you want to see chandalure, lol? That pokémon is just ridiculous and hardly represents the world of pokémons.

Top Bottom