• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ssb64 players going to *POUND* 4

Lovage

Smash Hero
this is a really big international melee tournament that's being held in maryland jan 16th-18th.
tourny thread

are any other ssb64 players going to this? we can play sweet console matches in the hotel/at the venue like me, sensei, moogle and SuPeRbOoMfAn did at GENESIS. well I'M GOING. s2j said he might be able to go if he gets straight As this year and his parents let him.

go to *POUND* 4 or else this dude will beat you up​

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I live in Maryland, so I'll probably go regardless of whoever these guys are. :lick:
Winston too...seeing as how we're roommates and all ~_~

kit

Smash Apprentice
if everyone goes I'll go....

but seriously if I can get any of my friends to go I'll go, i don't know which we'd tourney for... I'd like to play melee but I'm much better at brawl... but who isn't haha but anyway were always looking to play 64 so if we go there's at least two more for playing some 64 fun

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I wish going to OOS tourneys didnt cost like $400.

I can't make myself spend that kinda money on smash.

And I've been playing competitive melee for 4 years. :(

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Even at the cheapest its still like $200.

I'm 22 and all my money goes towards rent/school/food/alchohol. Gone are the days when I can live at my parents, save money, then blow it on whatever I want.

:(

Lovage

Smash Hero
yeah, paying that much for smash can be hard. but huge OOS tournaments are the most fun you'll ever have so it's UP TO YOU if you wanna blow all the cash

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Wow, 22 is too soon to leave the parents house imo. Here in spain most of people leave it between 25-30.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm down to go. sensei, you wanna carpool with gerry? i'm sure he'd be down.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
lol thats foolishness, im only 19 and im out on my own xP

25-30? wtf is that, almost ready to retire by the time you leave xD
Its because we are a poor third world country or probably because we all buy a house instead of renting

People earn 1000€/month and the average mortgages is 750€/month... So people need a lot of savings + be a kinda married couple to pay it

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Its because we are a poor third world country or probably because we all buy a house instead of renting

People earn 1000€/month and the average mortgages is 750€/month... So people need a lot of savings + be a kinda married couple to pay it
Really? Spain is that poor? wtf?

I really thought other wise...well for the most part.

Newfoundland isn't what you would consider a rich area either though >_<

anyways enough of this, ima go look up some things spain, (you live in Barcelona, which i always considered to be a well established metropolis....but i really cant say....) all my info is based off the success of their soccer team LOL!

EDIT: after re looking at your numbers i am competently baffled ...earning 1000 euro is like what 1500$? and they cant find a place to rent? oh wow o.o;;

PM me about this when you get back online....or anyone else who knows about spain!

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking about going. I have a transportation so i would be driving from upstate NY which basically means I could pick anyone up relatively close in NY/PA. Also, if anyone would want to split a hotel room, i'm game.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
i'm going i just booked a room for a few nights

i think i'm going to bring my system and ssb just for some friendlies in the hotel. if anyone needs a place to stay it's free as long as you can contribute with some good friendly ssb matches

Top Bottom