• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB: 2 Years Later

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I remember playing this game back in '08. Now it's filled with planking, meta knight, and all other manner of things...

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
How do you think the brawl metagame has changed?
How have players improved?
What strategy do you think is most used?
What's your favorite change in 2 years
What would the metagame be like Without MK? :bluejump:
:uzi: :metaknight:
1. learning more tricks with each character, thus the movements in the tier list over the years ex. Sonic moving up
2. pick MK or play campy
3. slight changes in the tier list (if anything)
4. Maybe a bit more balanced since the rest of the cast actually has bad matchups or things that are terribad that can be done to them. ie. gimps, cgs, etc.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
as a marth main, umm.... i switched from marth to metaknight in 99% of my games. mk is too good

then i went back to playing melee. mk sucks

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
With no bad match-ups, Meta Knight will in all likelihood remain number one. I personally don't use him or really cared for him.

As for the metagame, it is changing with more techniques being discovered. The problem is that Meta Knight can get by said techniques due to his stats. Perhaps if Meta Knight was removed, we'd see a better variety in character use, better tier placement for those who don't rank higher because of their match-up with Meta Knight, and a healthier metagame where characters doomed to the mid/low tiers because of Meta Knight may have a chance to shine.

If what SuSa says is true, and Ally really is going to quit Snake in favor of maining Meta Knight, then that would be a clear sign of how much of a "deux ex machina" Meta Knight has really become.

Of course, this is simply my opinion, so please refrain from drawing your "flame guns" and "troll hammers". XD

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Skai said:
What would the metagame be like Without MK?
:uzi:
(lol wtf new smilies took out uzi )
1. people like to spotdodge alot more.
2. ^
3. the new techniques; haters gonna hate on that DACUS.
4. i think the community would be less brash about picking top teirs, and perhaps more emphasis on not-meta knight character development.

2 years ago on sonic:
OMG!1!one! SONIKKU 4 BRAWLZ!! :sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic:

opnions on sonic now:
lol enjoy your low teir blue hedgehog with a broken FS and crappy move-set.

Djent

Smash Champion
Ugh, figures this thread would devolve into only focusing on MK.

Olimar placed 2nd at a national TWICE.

Pikachu placed 4th at a national TWICE.

Diddy won 2/3 nationals (did S.N.E.S. count?) and Falco won one.

An Ike placed 11th and 9th at back to back nationals.

The best doubles team (with Ken-Isai results in the past) lost to ZSS and Ness.

But apparently all of this means **** all, because MK is just too good. *sigh* I dislike the Brawl community not for what this game is, but because of what we make of it. :urg:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
What would the metagame be like Without MK? :bluejump:
:uzi: :metaknight:
(lol wtf new smilies took out uzi :()
Like everyone has said in all their previous posts: MetaKnight is the lord and master of this game.... (my loophole) IN AMERICA!*

I also am against banning him because as long as we still have people in the top 10 of MLG tournies who aren't MK, then there is no complete reason why to ban him. However I do also hate him as much a Susa. I don't plan to drop Pokemon Trainer as my main for MK mainly because 1) I know better 2) PT is fun as hell 3)I never had an interest in Kirby games 4) PT is just awesome like that.

*As far as my loophole goes, I'd rather just move to Japan for a year, learn to be ultra-mega offensive with my main and come back and kick some rear in MLG. However the chances of that happening are slim.

Old Manondorf

Smash Rookie
I honestly don't see why people use MK. He's not fun to play with at all, aside from the epic gliding.

Marth could easily destroy MK.

Top Bottom