• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Expansion? What if, and ideas...

Cog

Smash Apprentice
I know this is probably to soon to talk about, but I felt that if not now, then when.
I know that with all the hype of Brawl before its release there will most diffenetly be tons of hype and talk for many more years after Brawl comes out. This leads me to ponder and ask the "What if..." and "Would you..." questions.

Say what if after Brawl is out for so many years, whether 1,2,3 or more, Nintendo decided to come out with an Expansion.
Now, i know that this is highly unlikely and probably not going to happen but who knows.
So, if an Expansion did happen, whether you buy it online with Wii points, or pick it up in a store. My question is how much would you pay for it?
Would you pay $5, $10, maybe $20?
Or, does the amount you would pay reflect on the Expansions content?
Would you buy it, if it only contained new characters? What about items, stages? How about all three? What if it contained a whole new Adventure mode, similar or a sequel to SE?
If you are going to state that Nintendo wont do an Expansion, than please list or explain a reasonable explanation on why, and not just rant and yell, because this is just a "What if" speculation on how much or would you buy it if it contained certain things.

As for me, I would probably buy the Expansion regardless of whats in it or how much, all though preferably less than $20.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I do think it's unlikely nintendo would release an expansion, although some companies, bungie for example, do it with their games. Beyond the fact that it is a very "un-nintendo" type of move, fighting games are less likely to have expansions because of things like character balance. New stages could be cool, but with the implementation of the stage builder it seems a little less likely.

If they did an expansion though? I would love characters and stages, but would be happy with generally gameplay tweeks even.

Oh and I'd pay whatever, cause I'm sure it would be reasonable

volbound1700

Smash Master
Not feasible unless they made an entirely new disk with both the original and the expansion.

-JO-

Smash Rookie
Youaki Master is right. Nintando and an expansion? Impossible. But perhaps some wii points downloading stuff like new options or modes for the sp, but NEVER an expansion!

pud22

Smash Apprentice
i doubt they would make an expansion to the game. bcuz thats never really been nintendo's style. but i wouldnt b surprised if they made some extra content availble for purchase online. it would prob b some new items for stage builder or in game items. kinda similar but i just wouldnt call it an "expansion".

Cog

Smash Apprentice
I'm saying that if they did do an expansion, hypothetically, then what would you like to see?
Or, how much would you be willing to spend?
Or even, how would you like to recieve it?
Do you want it free, or maybe it just gets downloaded to your save file.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Like I said, it is not feasible. In order to do this, they would have to make a harddrive for Wii and you should be able to store the files from the original SSBB. This is how expansions on computers work.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Nintendo doesn't do expansions.
Youaki Master is right. Nintando and an expansion? Impossible.
Both of you are wrong. F-Zero X For the N64 had an expansion kit. You guys seriously need to lurk moar before posting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-Zero_X_Expansion_Kit

Also about the hard drive problem we may get something like...uhh...for example some add on that supports expansions and it has more hard drive space. Who knows. That was basically what the disk drive was for N64 and they used it's hard drive space for an expansion =\

Aceleeon

Smash Cadet
Id like to see those small charecter balaneces played with.
but the new adventure modes or even a create your own charecter mode would be cool. incedibly imbalenced but cool no the less.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
sakurai said to rest easy because everything would be included on the same game disk, so he obviously won't do an expansion.

but if one came out then i'd get it for sure.

Smash Ace
thae concept of an expansion really sucks.
if there was one, I'd buty it, but I'd rather just get another game.
=2007=

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
what if all the expansion did was put one extra strand of fur on donkey kong, and it was 30 dollars.

Top Bottom