• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB replace a final smash!

danielrofl

Smash Cadet
Snake hops into Metal Gear Rex and starts owning you.

This would make sense now because Snake uses one in MGS4 in Shadow Moses.
Isn't it still 5 days till release? How would you know haha?
Has it been spread around the net already?
Not that im too bothered, i wont be playing it unfortunately. Big MGS fan but i cant justify buying a ps3.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Toon Link - That totalllyyyyy epic ending in WW, where he just drives the MS into Ganondorf's head.
Zero Suit Samus - Call in a bomb-run on the stage.

There are other lame FS but I don't know their games, so I can't really change anything about it:

King DeDeDe
Kirby
Pit
Pikachu
Sonic
Fox/Falco/Wolf
Game&Watch
Donkey Kong
Luigi
Peach

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
C'mon guys, the landmaster horse has been beaten to death... are they really funny anymore?

So, onto the final smashes. Jigglypuff's Puff up into Bigglypuff is cool and all, but there is a much cooler idea right up her ally

METRONOME!

Jigglypuff waggles her fingers and does any of the other character's final smashes at random.

Imagine Jigglypuff Grabbing a smash ball and...

Running someone over in the blue falcon,

Summoning an army of waddle dees,

shooting a gigantic light arrow,

getting into a helicopter and shooting everyone with grenades,

or just slashing someone with the triforce.

Edit: Nope, I guess not, everyone still seems to think there really funny T_T

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
ice climbers: call a big snowstorm that freezes everyone. What it should have been to begin with

pikachu: calls down a thunderstorm similar to the one on distant planet where the ground is slippery and it is impossible to stand on sloped land. And a couple lightning bolts strike the ground. Lasts about 30 seconds.

captain falcon: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw that

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
pikachu: calls down a thunderstorm similar to the one on distant planet where the ground is slippery and it is impossible to stand on sloped land. And a couple lightning bolts strike the ground. Lasts about 30 seconds.
30 seconds? Seems like an awfully long time to me.

And since when was Pikachu replaced with Storm from X-Men?

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Bowser-Land Master
Captain Falcon-Land Master
Diddy Kong-Land Master
Donkey Kong-Land Master
Falco-Land Master
Fox-Land Master
Ganondorf-Land Master
Ice Climbers-Land Master
Ike-Land Master
Jigglypuff-Land Master
King Dedede-Land Master
Kirby-Land Master
Link-Land Master
Lucario-Land Master
Lucas-Land Master
Luigi-Land Master
Mario-Land Master
Marth-Land Master
Meta Knight-Land Master
Mr. Game & Watch-Land Master
Ness-Land Master
Olimar-Land Master
Peach-Land Master
Pikachu-Land Master
Pit-Land Master
Pokémon Trainer-Land Master
R.O.B.-Land Master
Samus-Land Master
Zero Suit Samus-Land Master
Snake-Land Master
Sonic-Land Master
Toon Link-Land Master
Wario-Land Master
Wolf-Land Master
Yoshi-Land Master
Zelda-Land Master
Sheik-Land Master
You, sir, just WON this thread.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
*This is the fifth FS editting thread >.>*

Wolf- Star Wolf Assault: Calls Leon and Panther to fire rapidly across the stage for 12 seconds.

Ness: PK Rockin': A more powerful and higher ranged copy of Barbara.

Lucas: PK Love: *Brain..... hurts......... can't.............. think................... now..........................*

PCHU

Smash Lord
I mindlawl'd the Toon Master.
And what the heck is up with the Black Landmaster?
Oh, wait.
Nevermind.
Why isn't that called the Game and Master?

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Mario - I can see the logic behind the Mario Finale: as the "average" character in Smash, it makes sense for him to have an "average" Final Smash, a giant fiery blast with no other quirks. However, though Mario does use a lot of fire in his various games, it's not one of his major defining aspects.

What would I suggest? Retro Starman. Mario grabs a Starman, which doubles his size and makes him 8-bit. He can then run around and damage other players by running into them, or jump on them to deal a lot more damage. It lasts for 10 seconds, same as in the original.

Luigi - The developers likely developed Negative Zone as a "generic" Final Smash on the side, then decided to give it to Luigi for no apparent reason. It just doesn't make sense any other way (as both ZA WARUDO and acid trips are not very Luigi-like)

What would I suggest? Well, there's always the Poltergust. It could have a huge suction effect, and if he could suck the other players into the vacuum, it would deal massive (upwards of 70%) damage. Or, he could transform into the final boss from Super Paper Mario, which, while still WTF, makes a whole lot more sense than a random acid trip.

Peach - Her dancing is so terrible, it bores her opponents into sleep. Then she makes peaches appear. That's really subtle, Sakurai.

What would I suggest? Well, Vibes from Super Princess Peach would work, most likely Anger (which sets her aflame). A more inspired one would be giving her a magic wand from Super Mario Bros. 3 - her normal attacks would fire energy rings in a given direction, while her B attacks would fire more literal rings that bounce around the stage (Wendy Koopa's attack).

Bowser - Giga Bowser was a no-brainer for a Final Smash, but it's still somewhat lacking. If Giga Bowser had a lot more attack power, it'd be better. But a more canon one would be giving Bowser his Clown Car, and letting him fly around on that while dropping physics-defying bowling balls and whatnot.

Another alternative I thought of was teleporting all of the characters to a bridge reminiscent of the boss battles in the original Super Mario Bros. Bowser would become invincible, but if any of the characters hit the axe on the other side, everyone else would fall in the lava and take damage (Bowser would only take half).

DK - I have no problem with the FS itself, but it could be a bit stronger.

Diddy - It's a bit uninspiring to just put 2 of his B moves together and call that an FS. I haven't played DK64, but if we go by DKC2 and 3, he could call up an animal buddy, tag-team with Dixie, use arrow barrels to shoot all over the place, etc.

Yoshi - I was actually predicting something like this, though only with limited flight and yellow shell powers (powerful quakes when landing on the ground). Other FSs that could work: calling in a horde of Yoshis (ala Melee's intro video), replacing his neutral B with spitting watermelon seeds, something involving fruit, or calling in Giga Baby Bowser (final boss of Yoshi's Island).

Wario - I was hoping for one of his Wario Land powers, but Wario-Man works much better. No problems.

The entire Zelda cast is okay, though Link and Tlink's could be something a bit more specific to their games (Fused Shadow Midna, flooding Hyrule), seeing as these two Links specifically represent Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Samus - despite being non-canon, the Zero Laser works quite well for her. The Hyper Beam/Phazon Beam would also work, as does just destroying the planet the stage is on, but the latter is a tad bit broken. I'm disappointed Zamus didn't actually use the Crystal Flash, just a cheap imitation of it.

Pit - after having played Kid Icarus after he was announced, I don't know much about him, but he could have also used his upgraded form present in the final level, though it would be pretty similar to Yoshi's. In fact, Palutena's Army would probably be what Yoshi's Horde of Yoshis Final Smash would be like... hmm.

Ice Climbers - Frankly, there's not much to mine from the original Ice Climber, so calling in a giant iceberg works. It's too bad that there's not more stage-modifying FSes, though.

ROB - His FS sucks. Period. Sure, he's invincible, but eye lasers are played out.
But again, there's not much to Gyromite and Stack-Up to get an FS from. Detonating a Subspace Bomb might work, as long as getting drawn into Subspace somehow worked to ROB's advantage, but if you unlocked him without playing through SSE, that would be a bit of a spoiler.

Kirby - I was predicting Crash or Mike, though both would be a bit overpowered. Cook works perfectly, as it sums up Kirby in a nutshell - he likes to eat things.

Meta Knight - Galaxia Darkness works to a point for MK, as he requires precision and good timing to play well. But he had other potential FSes as well - calling in the Meta-Knights as assist trophy-like fighters, air raid by the Halberd, or unlimited flight for 20 seconds. But again, his current FS works for him.

D3 - Other than the anime, Waddle Dees have never really been in the service of Dedede. But, like MK, Waddle Dee Army does work for Dedede, as he's a fat, lazy king who employs others to fight for him. And there's not much else he could do, other than being possessed by Dark Matter and getting a different moveset.

Olimar - Having never really played the Pikmin games, I can't really speak for End of Day. A Pikmin army would be awesome but redundant, and there's not much else he could do.

Fox/Falco/Wolf - The less said about Landmasters, the better. But Falco and Wolf could've easily got other methods of transportation (Arwing/Wolfen).

Captain Falcon - Blue Falcon is what I expected, though the weird cinematic roadkill-maker was a bit weird. Again, from the source material, there's not much more he could have, other than a barrage of F-Zero racers like that one Event Match in Melee.
What I did consider, though, was a remote-control Falcon Flyer, controlled by the taunt buttons. It would be something like the platform in Big Blue, but with lasers. And the Galaxy Falcon Punch would be awesome, but... no. Let's not go there.

Pikachu - A massive thunderstorm would've worked, but Volt Tackle, being his signature move, is just as effective. I've also heard that it's a reference to an old Genesis game, which doesn't really make sense, but eh. Pikachu has a bunch of other potential Final Smashes, but none of them really work as well.

Pokemon Trainer - It was either Triple Finish or a legendary Pokemon, and Triple Finish is probably better. The "It's super effective!" box is unnecessary, and should've been removed.

Lucario - KAME-HAME-HA! Lucario himself is a thinly veiled reference to Dragon Ball Z, so it makes sense that he has a finisher clearly inspired by Goku's trademark move. Aura Storm works for him, though it could've easily been called Hyper Beam or even Flash Cannon.
If we go by the games, Lucario could've also used Giga Impact or Close Combat, both powerful physical moves, or a "buff" attack like Swords Dance or Iron Defense, which would increase his attack power or weight, respectively. Maybe even Ancientpower, which would do meager damage if it hit but would make Lucario a lot stronger... hmm. But they made the right choice with Aura Storm, I think.

Jigglypuff - Seeing as how Peach stole an AoE Sing (and how does that work, exactly?), Jigglypuff... gets to inflate. While the Gigglypuff glitch is fun and all, it's not all that special.
Hyper Voice, which would be something like DK's, could've been a suitable replacement. As would Metronome, which was suggested earlier in this thread, though it's usually seen as Clefairy's signature attack (I can't even remember if Clefairy is in a Pokeball this time around). And, if they were really desperate, Double-Edge, which would instantly KO an enemy no matter what but deal significant damage to Jiggs. But Puff Up?

Marth - Having never played Fire Emblem 1 or 3, I'm not really sure what else Marth could use as an FS, but, like Meta Knight, a hard-hitting precision attack seems to be in the spirit of the character. But why does it KO instantly? Marth shouldn't have that kind of power. If it was a bit weaker, it'd be perfect.

Ike - Great Aether makes my head hurt. It's pretty much a clone of Triforce Slash, which is itself used twice, but with TEH PHIRE! Having played PoR and RD, Ike had a few other options: calling in the Greil Mercenaries up for a raid would be the top one, as would buffing his regular attacks with sword beams (seeing as the Ragnell was capable of such). Heck, even calling in Roy for some assistance would've been cool to see. But no, TEH PHIRE is supposed to amuse us.

Ness/Lucas - Seeing as how their other B moves are borrowed, PK Starstorm, an attack learned by their teammates (Poo and Kumatora, respectively) is the cherry on top of a sundae of unoriginality. However, PK Rockin' and PK Love are both pretty abstract animations, and would be difficult to convey as Final Smashes by throwing lights and sparks all over the place, so I can see how Starstorm works better in that respect.

Mr. Game & Watch - I think the only reason that they made the Octopus his FS is because of the ladies in the roster. In fact, that might be why there's so few ladies in the roster in the first place...
But having never touched a Game and Watch, I can't say much. From the Flat Zone stages, it doesn't look like there's much in the way of FS-worthy material in it. There's always transforming into Duon, but the less I mention of that, the better.

Snake - Snake's supposed to be a spy, not a crazy grenade-launching maniac. But it'd be pretty difficult to do anything spy-like (like slitting their throats) without it being too graphic for all of the kiddies. Hopping into a Metal Gear would've been cool, but runs into the same problems. I've only played parts of the Metal Gear games, so I can't say much else.

Sonic - Super Sonic is too strong, but it's a perfect FS for Sonic. Nuff said.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Marth - Having never played Fire Emblem 1 or 3, I'm not really sure what else Marth could use as an FS, but, like Meta Knight, a hard-hitting precision attack seems to be in the spirit of the character. But why does it KO instantly? Marth shouldn't have that kind of power. If it was a bit weaker, it'd be perfect.
Marth SHOULD have that kind of attach power, but it can be teched.
Edit: lol we do enjoy TEH PHIRE. xD

Blue_Pit

Smash Cadet
Pit - Has giagantic wings like Tabuu and spams arrows in a stright line like lucario

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Isn't it still 5 days till release? How would you know haha?
Has it been spread around the net already?
Not that im too bothered, i wont be playing it unfortunately. Big MGS fan but i cant justify buying a ps3.
Yep. The whole things been leaked b ecause of a strategy guide and some people getting it early.

However, this was known for a while since in the TGS 07 trailer it showed a bit of the Rex vs. Ray battle with Snake in Rex and Liquid Ocelot in Ray.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Kirby: Mic Ability. He'd use all 3 Mic uses consecutively, each one being a bigger shockwave and stronger than the last.

Donkey Kong: Barrel Cannon. A barrel would pop up at the side of the screen, and launch you depending on how you aim. You have 10 seconds to launch yourself before you lose your cannon.

Toon Link: Hurrican Spin. Charge up a Hurricane Spin like in WW and let it rip. Mash B to rise (like Mach Tornado). You're also dizzy like in WW for a second after, but you're still invincible. It's just for show. =P

Captain Falcon: Mighty Falcon Punch. He'd throw a Falcon Punch like in the anime, and he'd lose his helmet for the remainder of the match.

Falco: Arwing. You'd shoot like Snake's FS, but you're constantly flying from far away towards the stage. You can also shoot Smart Bombs but have to wait before firing normally again.

Wolf: Wolfen. Same as Arwing, but stronger shots, faster ship, and no bombs.

Ness and Lucas: PK Rockin and PK Love respectively.

Corigames

Smash Hero
The OP was probably the most horrible rendition of that most epic part of that game I have ever heard.

SmashFusion

Smash Rookie
Marth's smash makes a flashing seizure and automatically kills the opponant even if they are invincible XD

Shiek:Rain of spammed Needles XD for 4 seconds

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
The following, some specific, some not:

(most pre-written, because I'm just that cool. Oh, and they assume you have basic GCN controls. Which I'm sure most of you do.)

Falco - Arwing (He jumps into an Arwing ("Personally, I prefer the air!") and this can be controlled. The Arwing can be flown around at a high speed (similar to Super Sonic) but not as freely, as it turns like a Landmaster and isn't as loose in up/down controls as SS. You can also fire lasers with A (unlimited and does more damage/knockback than just ramming opponents), fire a bomb and detonate it after firing with B (only one per Final Smash, but it acts like a Smart Bomb), and barrel roll with L or R (knocks opponents who are hit upwards rather than sideways). You only have this for a little while, obviously.)

Wolf - Star Wolf (Wolf calls down his Team, who reply in little boxes Star Fox style, and then bombard the stage with lasers, missiles, and bombs for a short while. Wolf can attack separately and is unaffected by his Team's fire.)

Toon Link - Wind’s Requiem (Toon Link, invincible now, takes out the Wind Waker baton and begins to conduct. He plays the Wind’s Requiem, pointing up, left, and right with audible music notes playing with the directions, and then the wind picks up. The player now has control of what direction Toon Link points the Wind Waker, and subsequently the direction the wind blows. The wind can easily shove opponents and items off the stage. This lasts for about 15 seconds, and the wind gets stronger for the last five seconds.)

Lucas - PK Love (...Not sure how this would work, as I haven't played Mother 3. I just know it's his signature move. And it would add more FS variety, which we need.)

Peach - Vibe Roulette (Peach becomes invincible and randomly chooses a Vibe out of the four from SPP. After 5 seconds, she randomly chooses another. This continues until she uses all four Vibes and she ends with a graceful bow. Her four vibes are: Calm - the simplest Vibe. Peach with glow green and be surrounded by a green bubble and heal for the five seconds he has this Vibe. She is invincible as through the entire attack and can attack freely. Gloom - Peach will cry large streams of water on either side of her. These streams push out away opponent or item they touch. Peach cannot attack while in this state, and can only jump once, but she runs faster and jumps higher. Rage - Peach is temporarily surrounded by flame. This flame will catch and damage any opponent it touches and Peach can attack and move freely. Her attacks are also stronger in this state. Joy - Peach is engulfed in a tornado. She can move freely in the air while in this state and is fairly quick. Any opponent she touches will be sent flying in a random direction after taking slight damage.)

Jigglypuff - Hyper Song (The stage dims and a spotlight shines on Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff begins to sing its signature song from the Pokémon Anime. Jigglypuff sings for about 10 seconds, with the screen slowly zooming in on it, and for this time any opponent touching the ground will be put to sleep. Jigglypuff will then suddenly stop its song, as the screen zooms back out, and puff up slightly in anger. It will then appear in front of every character asleep in turn and swipe them with a hard slap, sending them flying a good distance. After slapping each sleeping opponents, Jigglypuff appears back where it sung. The attack does more damage and knockback the less opponents are currently onscreen (not necessarily hit, though).)

R.O.B. - No idea, but it needs to change fairly badly. It kinda sucks right now. As in it sucks right now.

Mr. Game & Watch - He should have some sort of Game & Watch Gallery thing with lots of summoning. I'm not entirely sure how this could work, though.

Sonic - Nerf it a little bit, please. Just a little.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf's Final Smsh should be OoT Ganon rather than Beast Ganon. It woud be similar to Giga Bowser and last for about the same time, with Ganon wielding his two dagger/trident hybrids and increasing greatly in size.

WouW

Smash Lord
Kirby - Crash: He makes the entire field explode like a Smart Bomb, but it fills the entire screen. (And it doesn't hurt himself.)
Snake - Watch Smash Kingdom Melee (
he flies away on a chopper as the colonel nukes the field. xD.
)
Mario - Mega Mushroom: You get 10 seconds to destroy everything as you are 5 times as big as usual.
Fox - Great Fox: Fox calls in the Great Fox to shoot the field a few times, with massive power.
Falco - Arwing: Falco jumps up high, into an arwing which flies into the foreground where he can aim like the Dragoon and then fly by shooting lasers there. He reappears in the background to shoot again. Repeat once/twice.

zoofrek

Smash Rookie
I'm actually gonna make a list for this because I've often thought about this:
ZSS: something not-lame
Kirby:more damage/knock back
Fox/Falco/Wolf:Something not as freaking annoying
Pikachu: something easier to control
Peach: -_- guess
Sonic: -___- Something not completely gay
Bowser: make it last longer
Yeah... thats it. =P
What do you mean Sonic's final smash is great! :eek:

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Kirby FS- Pulls out a Plasma hat. Gets fully charged and lets it rip.
Nuff said
-t2

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
Peach-I like that Vibe Roulette idea. I actually thought it would be something like that.

Ganondorf-I too think that Ganon should have been done differently. He's cool as is, but it would have been awesome to control him.

Toon Link-Something from Wind Waker or Phantom Hourglass. I like that Wind Requiem idea, but it also would have been cool if he used the Phantom Hourglass. Everyone would slow down and their damage would accumulate like the Temple of the Ocean King in Phantom Hourglass.

King Dedede-Maybe he could be possessed by Dark Matter and epic pwn everyone, but I kind of like the Waddle Dee toss.

Falco-I really can't think of anything besides the Arwing idea. He would rain destruction.

Wolf- Wolfen: similar to the Arwing, but much more powerful and faster.

Pikachu-Volt Tackle is not a godlike move. Maybe he could evolve into Raichu.

Ness- PK Starstorm is okay, but it would make more sense to use something like Prayer, or the Sound Stones as a FS.

Lucas-OK, I don't like Lucas' Starstorm. He would have to use PK Love.

And that's it!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Toon Link: Wind Waker Tornado or Jumps into his ship and starts firing bombs (Similar to Snakes)

Peach: Something not lame

Metaknight: Something with better range >.<

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Zamus--something not freakin' ********
Sonic--less powerful (stupid ***** move if you ask me)
Jiggly--she sings, similar to Peach's, however, the sleep condition itself doesn't do damage...after everyone falls asleep she whips out her beasty microphone-marker and draws on everyone (from the anime) and that sends them flying! Note: only asleep enemies would be drawn on (and consequently damaged). That would make her worth playing simply cuz of that! Am I right?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Mario: PROVACATIVE TOUCH!

How it works: Mario dresses up as a doctor as he throws up a curtain to conceal the character. It then darkens and all you hear is, "RE-UH-LAX, IMA A DOCTUH! YAHOOOO!" and a painful shriek as the curtain falls and the character who it affected goes into fetal position to use as an item that can OHKO.

Toon Link: SKY SHEATH!

How it works: Toon Link throws up the master sword in the air and as it spirals, he leaps up to grab it, charging down at an insane 45 degree angle. If it connects, he stabs his sword in their head, and catapults away.

Captain Falcon: GALAXY FALCON PUNCH!

How it works: If you haven't seen the clip then shame on you.

Wolf: CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT STARFOX!

How it works: Doesen't let him do that...?

Falco: THE REPLACEMENTS!

How it works: Calls in the cast and crew from the football movie replacements.

Lucario: DO IT NOW PICCOLO!

How it works: Lucario grabs the opponent from behind as Pico as from F-Zero comes by and shoots a special beam cannon.

Olimar: SPARTAAAAAA!

How it works: Olimar plucks 300 pikmin and tells them, "GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM, EVERYTHING!"

That's all I got ATM.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Marth: Marth Fangirls. There are a lot of them too. If Marth is right next to them, They continue kissing him for him to recover health. If enemies are near the fan girls, They will try to smack them doing a over 50 % Dmg. They can easily be koed. If this Final Smash is used on a Non human chracter however, they will fight over for an autograph and then not letting the opponent to move.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Snakes flies away on a chopper and Colonel Campbell nukes the stage. I'll give a cookie to anyone who knows where I got that from.

Kirby gets the Crash ability and everyone on the stage either dies or takes 80% damage.

ZSS gets naked. All male characters are permanently stunned and all female characters explode from jealousy.

Wario keeps his real FS, only Wario Waft is a OHKO while he is Wario-Man.

Top Bottom