• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM Combo Trainer Program

LLDL

Smash Hero
This is the one thing that I have wanted to see made, that hasn't yet been done. I want to build an application that teachers users every bread and butter combo, and for each character.

Us players that have gotten to a certain level of skill obviously won't need it. However, I'm sure there is a fair amount of beginners would still find something like this useful. Instead of cyphering through countless videos or having to go back to a thread, they will have this little program close at hand on their desktop when they want to practice or learn a combo.

Here's an example of what I mean. It's a program that someone will download to their computer. They will start it up, and the interface will give them a list of characters to choose from. From there, a sub menu opens up depending on what character they chose.

For example: The choose the character Fox.

New Menu:
Fox_001 - drill-shine-upsmash
Fox_035 - Thunders_Combo.

They choose thunders combo. From there, an gif file will play. They can choose to play it in its entirety, slow motion, or frame by frame with detailed explanation of what buttons to press, and what each action does.

I can program all of this, no problem. In fact, Here is a short experimental example of what I'm talking about.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fkrg49sgw9sr7z4

So what do you guys think. Keep in mind that this is for beginners/new users. Any suggestions? Improvements? Dumb idea?

I was thinking of a flash version for easy access, but the file size would be come huge with all the animated gifs.

LLDL

Smash Hero
yeah, common combos. I'm sure it would be possible to create one that has every combo, but that's unrealistic. Maybe in the future, but for now just an app that would be useful for learning the basic combos, and quickly. Sometimes a video just doesn't explain efficiently, and people are visual learners, so a text description of the combo they saw isn't good enough either.

Bones0

Smash Legend
You could download videos with examples from YouTube, clip the part with the combo that you want, and then convert it to a gif.

kevo

Smash Journeyman
I imagine it would be around the scope of Mission mode combos in MvC3. There would be at most 7 or 10 combos per character, and it would be really basic stuff that could be used in common situations. It would be even nicer if there was some way to play along, but this doesn't seem like too much work at all.

Top Bottom