• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
hey guys sorry i had to jet before the singles tournament i really wanted to play but just couldn't hopefully we'll be able to play in the next tournament. esp you carl i have stll yet to play you in friendlies so next time for sure. also good job to everyone in doubles...kso kadian we had some close ones and carl and lavos good job on winning the massive bracket there were way too many entrants to even count...haha ummm yeah later guys

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Lavos- You beat me, you jerk!! Man, you've improved even more than I originally gave you credit for. I thought my Falcon and Peach were gonna be enough, but alas, they were not! You've mastered Melee, Phoenix Wright, handstands, and you put up funny posts; is there anything you can't do?! Oh, good job winning teams. It was probably hard for you since you had to carry the extra baggage *cough carl cough*.:laugh:

KSO- It was cool playing you in friendlies. And don't worry, you're not the "worst player ever in Melee" or whatever you kept saying over and over. You know what it is? Everyone's just getting better during each subsequent tournament. We just need to make sure to practice harder to stay above them! Don't get so depressed about it!;)

Oh, and I'm glad you've been helping my cousin out. He's improved alot because of you.

NJzFinest- Wow, I never marked you as someone who would feign sick just to get out of some MM's! Nah, I'm just messin' with ya. But we need to make sure to play eachother next time, whether it be MM's or just friendlies. Good job winning teams.

Kadian- Nice friendlies. I like playing with you because we can get some awesome matches such as our ness vs mewtwo and y.link vs yoshi. Too good!

Maus- Let me just say that you better ace those tests and that speech since they prevented you from attending the tourney (at least for most of it). And stop practicing with Kitsune! You're gonna get too good for me if you keep that up!

Dracofox- It was fun MM'ing you. Oh wait, you never showed up! No, no, no, allow me. The weather was too bad? No, not that. Umm...you had to work? No....ah! you were too afraid to MM me! That's it! I'm just messing with you as always. I'm sure you had you're reasons. Perhaps next time, Ok?

Bryan- I see these guys have been helping you with your Sheik. Keep it up, you're improving alot. You even got a legit win on me. I didn't like that. Just be careful with the advice and tips that KSO gives you. He's not all there when it comes to Melee :laugh:.

Oh, and don't think I'm giving you your 5 bucks back from the singles you ditched out on! Kitsune was ignorant enough to give me your money thinking I'd give it back to you. Man, he couldn't have been more wrong!

Kitsune- It was fun as always. And just think about it- you ran that WHOLE thing by yourself! Very impressive!

_kSo_

Smash Master
Kitsune- It was fun as always. And just think about it- you ran that WHOLE thing by yourself! Very impressive!

see, it's comments like this that make me want to stop entering so people can see that I'm also a **** T.O.

And yes, we did have fun, but I was just really upset about the tournament turnout because there definitely weren't enough people there to make it my money's worth

sorry for being dum

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO XIII: Baker's Dozen - Saturday, February 16, 2008 at 2 PM in Tark's TV Lounge

Well, attendance was a bit poor, and I do claim responsibility for that. For some reason, I allowed academics to take precedence over Smash (yeah, I know LOL) and I lagged a good deal on signing out the room (hence the sudden time change) as well as in ensuring that the thread was updated in a timely fashion. I will do my best to rectify this situation for future SSBO's. As you can see, the thread has already been updated with our next tournament date, February 16, and I will sign out the room today at our usual time, 2-8 PM (unless somebody beats us to the punch two weeks ahead of time). As well, we plan to begin a paper advertising campaign for this tournament series in order to reach the broader audience at Purdue who for whatever reason do not frequent Smashboards.

Thanks for coming, guys, and I will do my utmost best to ensure higher attendance at future SSBO's.

lol @ Matt

SSBO XII Results
Doubles
1: Built Ford Tough (NJzFinest + Lavos) ($30.00)
2: Team Butternuts (Kadian + KSO)
3: Team GC-161 (Goosefactor + A.C. Burrito)

Singles
1: kirkq ($25.00)
2: NJzFinest ($5.00)
3: Kadian
4: Lavos
5: Goosefactor
6: KSO

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Goose// lol, i will try to ace their *****.
since i slept every single chem lectures + i can't remember what i've learned in high school.
so i gotta study all by myself.. -_-

chem is bit pain in the *** but yeah. i will try.

and... now, anthony is the smasher who lives closest to me.
so... =P

KSO// i hope you don't feel bad about what i am (will?) saynig now.

you have improved much, but at the same time, other people have improved as well.
AND we are keep on improving.

you know, no one is perfect.
You say you mess up so much someday, yet everyone else experiences that too.

last time, you wrote chinese saying on your facebook, which was like..
you can't achieve something in a short time, so you should be approach them slowly, or whatever something like that.

Hence, be patient. don't worry or care too much of losing.
i don't know about in chinese or in english, but at least in korea,
we have a saying that is like, 'by losing you learn'.

don't get so stressed about it.

Pros think WHY did they lose,
Amatuers think the result of their victory.

think pros' way.

as long as you don't feel bad about it, and willing to practice with me,
i will help you out as much as possible.

cheers

_kSo_

Smash Master
thanks guys for all your support.

i went through the same phase with ssb64

before i went pro, I was ALL tech...like I just practiced combos all the time and that's all I did

then I met a few other pros and I practiced with them all the time and learned a LOT of mindgames.

bad news is that it didn't transfer all over to ssbm

not only that, but with my tech skill so bad in melee when i first started, I couldn't even THINK to try mind games out...

but my tech skill is getting pretty good (not bragging, just stating) and I think my mind games are getting deeper

my problem is I have trouble with certain matchups.

another thing is that i don't know how long attacks last or the lag time of certain attacks, etc

in ssb64, I know all of them, so I can exploit every opening to attack that I could get...

if none of you guys believe me that I'm THAT much better at ssb64 than ssbm, please feel free to money match me. Nothing under $10

:p

but again, thank you, everone...espeically maus. Thanks for noticing the facebook status, it wasn't really referring to smash, it was about something else -_-

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Dracofox- It was fun MM'ing you. Oh wait, you never showed up! No, no, no, allow me. The weather was too bad? No, not that. Umm...you had to work? No....ah! you were too afraid to MM me! That's it! I'm just messing with you as always. I'm sure you had you're reasons. Perhaps next time, Ok?
Whats your excuse to losing to Lavos? I don't want to hear any johns.

I'm not in the mood for joking around atm. I'm so pissed that my job has a problem with me wanting Saturdays off for the tournament. 2nd, I made this clear to people that were at the smashfest at Alan's place. People who didn't know about this, I'm not holding it against ya.

:(:(My bro in law is probably going back to Iraq. One of my reasons why I didn't show up Saturday was... I was trying to spend time with him and my sis cause they were in town. That never happened. I worked my butt off at work, and when I got off, I didn't even get to spend time with them. They left right as my sis dropped me off back at home. Thus why I made the post saying that I was depressed.

The tournament started at 12pm. Nothing that Anthony or Alan could do anything about it. You guys ended at 6pm. I got hom at 5:45pm. What was the use to even showing up? I REALLY wanted to come and smash, but knowing with everyone with finals and such, AND even after calling Alan, it seemed no use to even show up. I couldn't even hang out with any of my good friends that I normally hang out with.

I am really so f'n stresed with my current situation with work now now its unreal. I'm not mad at you Goose or anyone. I'm just letting you guys know whats going on. I'll request for the next tournament a day off from work. I don't care if i have to work 5 days in a row. I'm so sick of this crap.

Till then, I'm just going to check up on this thread to keep up to date on whats going on so I don't lose track and post every now and then. People will get their MM's with me, but for now its going to have to wait.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Thanks for the medicine Jay. I feel a little better but my throat pain is still 2 stocking me.

I need a doctor <_<
*picks up Doctor Mario*

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Whats your excuse to losing to Lavos?
Uh..he's an f***ing robot like M2K. Is that good enough?

Ya, man, sorry about that work issue. I figured that's what it was. I was just giving you a hard time but I guess you weren't in the mood for it:ohwell:
Hopefully things work out for the next one.

Oh, and now I'm getting sick. If I can somehow prove I got this from Carl, then he's gonna go down.:mad:

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Good news. I'll be there on time on the 16th. Tournament and all. Hold your money bets.
Wanna team then?

However, I don't want to leave anyone out, so I'm extending this offer to everyone else- preferably someone whom I haven't teamed with yet though.
First come first serve!
Just post or PM me.

We're gonna have a good turnout this time, I can just feel it. You guys got the topic thread updated already, and from what I heard, there's poster/flyer action goin' on down there on campus.:p

_kSo_

Smash Master
hey, carl do you want to team for ssbo XIII?

if not, I'm open for teams again. Maybe lavos, maus, kadian, puma?

i dun care as long as you aren't dum

mecatomato

Smash Lord
heh, good to see some people asking me for team.. =)

i am not sure.

for now, i don't think i will enter teams.

last time entered teams, because,
1. it was free
2. carl taught me zelda, and we wanted how well we do as team as double zelda.

but this time... don't know (johns)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It was probably hard for you since you had to carry the extra baggage *cough carl cough*.:laugh:
Lol, you seem to forget how he wasn't using a top tier like everyone else. Even in teams, Ganondorf is decent at best. Also, he got more than twice the amount of kills than me...and I used Falcon/Fox O_o

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Lol, you seem to forget how he wasn't using a top tier like everyone else. Even in teams, Ganondorf is decent at best. Also, he got more than twice the amount of kills than me...and I used Falcon/Fox O_o
Ok, ok. I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

Whao! wicked timing on that last reaponse!

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
So Goose...

I didn't read all the posts, but I saw you're looking for a teammate for the next tourney. If no one's taken up your offer, wanna team with me? :)

Hey Cunning, I don't know if you've thought of this yet, but you can try putting up posters in other dorms to advertise the tournaments. Other than location and time, maybe include some contact info or a web-address so people can look into it more. There's got to be more people on campus that would come out and play.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
So Goose...

I didn't read all the posts, but I saw you're looking for a teammate for the next tourney. If no one's taken up your offer, wanna team with me? :)
Sounds good, Kadian. I'm looking forward to it. See ya next week.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Sorry Goose. Last time I played teams, I couldn't even keep my eye's on the screen. Gl with you and Kadian.

Kadian//
I want some friendlies in if you don't mind.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
oh guys im so bummed i cant go to the next tourney :(
Ya, I know. I've been looking forward to playing you everyother week to see your improvement with sheik and falcon. Just come back home on one of these off weeks so we can play:)

Don't worry, I'll win some extra matches against KSO for ya:p

_kSo_

Smash Master
god if i lived in tark I'd be getting so much better

unfortunately, with most of my time dedicated to schoolwork and doing stuff at the frat, that doesn't leave much time to hang around tark hoping for someone to have a 20 minute time block to play a few matches. ugh

the only person i've played since the last tourney is RUBIN

do u kno how unsatisfying that is? lol

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
Kadian//
I want some friendlies in if you don't mind.
Yeah, anytime. I don't think we've ever played!

A bit off topic...
Anyone see this thread yet?
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142139

Lots of uses for shield canceling and shield grabbing.

Infinites are easier to use with Fox and Falco?!

I'm really interested in the new Diminishing Attacks physics. Seems to really reward utilizing a greater variety of moves (or conversly, punish single-move KO spamming).

Overall, reports of the death of the competative Smash Bros scene seem premature and greatly exaggerated! :bee:

mecatomato

Smash Lord
KSO// Good stuffs!
let's keep it up, buddy.

and.. Mario Brothers (mario + C.Falcon) for the win. =P

CKit// busy man..
sorry for disturbing. =P
but yeah. we gotta play. hehe

i gotta beat your chicken-related characters (falco and Falcon)

by the way, MMX command mission rules.
if i am not up for smash even though i have a time, then i must be playing MMX CM.

Top Bottom