• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
Good tournament guys! It was fun and stuff...

Goosefactor: Yay team! I was among the surprised that we were able to come out of losers bracket to win. Must be how we were switching characters all tourny long. I especially remember Kirq saying, "WTF? Did u guys stay the same characters?!" when we swapped Sheik and Marth after we had just lost with that combo!:laugh: Same thing with NJ/Lavos; we were struggling against them in pools and winners bracket, but we found the Fox/Sheik combo just in time! Goes to show how much strengths and weaknesses can differ between closely skilled players, even with the same characters.

NJzFinest: Curses Carl! You seem to foil me at every step. :dizzy: I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed that I couldn't even take a single game from your Fox in two whole sets, but much respect; you're the better player. Maybe I can be a better challenge once I get my hands on Brawl!;)

Lavos: You're such a beast in teams. Really, all of our team matches were great contests. We might have gotten you because you guys beat us twice already and let your guard down a bit, but that's just me johnning for you.:p In singles, I think it was a mistake to counterpick FD as Ganondorf. He needs the platforms to help break a many devastating combo some characters can otherwise string on his big body. Maybe it was just your personal preference, but I have great confidence taking Ganondorf there as anybody.

DracoFox: We finally got to play, but only after our bracket match when, admittedly, we were both a little weary after a long day. I'm surprised you never played me with the character in your gamertag, and was especially surprised you broke out Y. Link as a counterpick. Man you almost had me, but as you know, Marth is naturally cheap.:) I look forward to playing again.

Maus: So our pool match wasn't so exciting, but the highlight of my day was when you landed that Crazy Looking Falcon Punch!!:psycho: At first I was like, "Wut is he doin'?!" which turned into "OMFG!!! Did that happun?!!!" Even funnier becuase Cunning had just turned his head away just that moment.:laugh:

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else reads this thread, so that's it for my shoutouts. Oh yeah, and props to Cunning, running a halfway decent tourny while doing his Bio homework.:ohwell: How many more Melee tournaments do you envision running (that is, if you plan on moving the emphasis towards Brawl when it's officially out)? I would imagine you could get some crazy attendance for a Brawl tournament if you advertised a bunch building up to the release week. That might need to be held off after Spring Break tho, since some people (namely me) are leaving campus.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hey Kadian, you forgot giving KSO props for running the tournament, well... shoutouts to him in general >.>

_kSo_

Smash Master
Anyway, I don't know if anyone else reads this thread, so that's it for my shoutouts. Oh yeah, and props to Cunning, running a halfway decent tourny while doing his Bio homework.:ohwell: How many more Melee tournaments do you envision running (that is, if you plan on moving the emphasis towards Brawl when it's officially out)? I would imagine you could get some crazy attendance for a Brawl tournament if you advertised a bunch building up to the release week. That might need to be held off after Spring Break tho, since some people (namely me) are leaving campus.
you wonder why kitsune was doing his hw during the tournament, kuz i didn't enter singles so that I could help him

well that and kuz there was like negative forty people participating in singles :p

yea uhhh
I'm the T.O. too genius, I wouldn't be as offended if this was the first time you had forgotten me when mentioning kitsune, but obviously it isn't.

I have come to think that people don't think that I have anything to do with running the tournament because of the fact that I participate in them. While this is true, kitsune would be entering as well if there was people who could actually compete with him in the tournament. I would say "no offense" but dammit you all know kitsune would **** all of you in tourney without even having to use fox

If i was halfway decent at the game and thought that me entering would be basically like me stealing all of your money, then I wouldn't enter. However I DO like to enter in order to play new people and get better...but obviously no one gives me any sort of recognition for coming up with the idea of SSBO in the first place

carl knows this, my worst pet peeves are

1. people who take credit for things they didn't do
2. people who fail to receive credit for things they DID do

and there are more but those are the ones that pertain to this particular situation.

needless to say, I'm a little upset...

Vro

Smash Lord
March 1st at Purdue? Sounds really fun, especially if I can meet and play CunningKitsune and NJzFinest. Send me a private message please if there are any more details I need to know =).

goosefactor

Smash Lord
KSO: Hey man, I'm sorry, I must admit I've forgotten to give props to you for organizing the tournies. Afterall, it was YOUR posts and all that I read when I found out about you guys, and it was YOU whom I originally contacted for all the info and stuff. So ya, thanks for all the effort you put into all these tournies.

Well, I had like a 2 hour break between classes today, and instead of studying like I should've (I swear you guys are such a bad influence on me!), I was thinking how cool it would be to have a crew battle on the 1st. I've mentioned it before, and no one really said anything, so I'm not too sure how thrilled you guys are about it.

Nevertheless, I took the liberty of making a list comprising of the regulars who show up, and putting them into what I think would be fair teams.

Now, excluding kirk (because he usually leaves after singles) and puma (cause I've only seen him participate once in the tournies) we have 8 people. I broke it down like this:

NJzFinest-8
Kadian-7
Goosefactor-6
Dracofox-5
Maus-4
KSO-3
Lavos-2
A.C.Burrito-1

Team A (18 pts.)
NJFinest-8
A.C.Burrito-1
Kadian-7
Lavos-2

Team B (18 pts.)
Goosefactor-6
KSO-3
Dracofox-5
Maus-4

Team C (18+pts.)
CunningKitsune-*(fox)

*I'd like to think that being against 4 people, he would be forced to use fox, but who knows? Afterall, it IS Kitsune.:chuckle:

Personally, I'd be good for taking 30% of his first stock. The rest of my team would have to do the rest. But then again, in crews, since the percents on the current stock are erased after each match, it would look like I'd be nothing but dead weight...:(

Anyways, like I said before, I'm not even sure how pumped who guys would be about this. These are merely suggestions, and if no one's even interested then it's cool.

/ DVD 3 of Death Note comes out tomorrow!! I swear, Kira is cooler than L, Mello, and Near PUT TOGETHER!! (ya, you heard me correctly!)

// If you guys are a fan of the show, and are familiar with the Japanese subtitles, then you may enjoy this. Personally, I found it very funny, but then again, I'm prone to like pretty dumb stuff:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2avdf289OY

Man, I've made this post WAY too long!

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
KSO: Hey man, I'm sorry, I must admit I've forgotten to give props to you for organizing the tournies. Afterall, it was YOUR posts and all that I read when I found out about you guys, and it was YOU whom I originally contacted for all the info and stuff. So ya, thanks for all the effort you put into all these tournies.
good call goose...kso though it may not be expressed you do an excellent job with the tournaments as well. not to mention you are the one that goose contacted for playing (like he said) and it was because of your accessibility and wanting people to participate that we even came in the first place so thank you for all of that...practice up and ill see you on friday

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
This is NJzFinest on Lavos' account:

Rankings would be like...

Me/Kirk/CunningKitsune not using Fox
Maus
Kadian
Dracofox
Goose/Lavos
KSO
Puma
AC Burrito

Tourney Results 2-16-07

SSBM Singles
1 NJzFinest ($30.00)
2 Kadian ($10.00)
3 DracoFox
4 GooseFactor
5 Maus
5 Lavos
7 Rexolis
7 Mitch

Tourney Results 2-2-07

SSBM Doubles
1 Built Ford Tough (NJzFinest + Lavos) - $30.00
2 Team Butternuts (Kadian + KSO)
3 Team GC-161 (Goosefactor + AC_Burrito)

SSBM Singles
1 Kirkq ($25.00)
2 NJzFinest ($5.00)
3 Kadian
4 Lavos
5 Goosefactor
6 KSO

What's wrong with this guys???

*hint* I didn't go to SSBO tournaments a year ago lawlz.

_kSo_

Smash Master
if anybody honestly thinks that they are better than me, but I have disagreed with you, then you should either money match me or shut the **** up

kirkq

Smash Ace
dammit you all know kitsune would **** all of you in tourney without even having to use fox
False. I would not get *****.

Sounds really fun, especially if I can meet and play CunningKitsune and NJzFinest..
Ouch. Money match?

Nevertheless, I took the liberty of making a list comprising of the regulars who show up, and putting them into what I think would be fair teams.
and, i see it coming. Purdue Power Rankings

/unnecessities

goosefactor

Smash Lord
if anybody honestly thinks that they are better than me, but I have disagreed with you, then you should either money match me or shut the **** up
Ok, I wasn't trying to start anything here. I just thought of what I'd consider fair teams for this. If you guys think Carl's is more accurate then that's fine. Heck, he'd know better than me anyways since he's been going to these longer than me.

Alan, relax. I don't know why you're getting so upset. We can just drop the whole crew thing. I thought It would've been fun and a change of pace, but if it's gonna turn out like this then let's just forget about it. Geez.

Remind me never to make a post like that again...

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Goose// no offense to you, but you always have to consider once again for posting something that can be debated.

it is one reason why i hardly post 'about' someone.

though you didn't mean to, it might be an offense to someone else =)

KSO// you should learn how to control your anger more, dude.
not meaning that you get mad for EVERYTHING, nor meaning anything offensing you.
but something, i see you getting upset for something that you can simply ignore.
Reuben for example.

i am tired of arguing with him, so i just let him talk whatever he wants to, and never play him. since it is not worth facing him (in real + in game).

so yeah... sometimes, just try to ignore what is there.
better for you too. =)

we talked about it once before. hope you remember.
when i get mad, i don't speak, don't listen and don't think about that.

i bet life for this, that it sometimes is better not think of something that makes you angry,

However... apart from that topic... recently you are improving danm fast. good to see. =P
If you disagree something (by anyone), no word is needed. prove it. =)

Carl, i guess, scorns at me, but i will beat his fox -_ -;

Carl//

thanks for valueing me high...
but i still cannot stand myself doing decent in friendlies and just throwing money away in Tourneys.

Many of people say mindgaming is more important... i do agree to that,
BUT NOW, i am in the status where cannot improve anymore because i lack in technical skills.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yup @ Maus, KSO is definitely improving fast ^_^
Carl//

thanks for valueing me high...
During dinner, first thing Kirk and Anthony said about Goose's list is "why is Maus sooo low?".
but i still cannot stand myself doing decent in friendlies and just throwing money away in Tourneys.
Not everyone enters tourneys just to win, it's fun and a great experience for many. I'm not going to get into too much detail about this all over again. Me and Ckit did last semester, so please don't bring this up again. Just keep in mind tournaments with hundreds of people such as Pound, MLG, and FC, that is all. Me and Kirkq get ***** but still go.
Speaking of Kirkq, it seems your a nobody lololololz
Also Maus, consider what other people think, especially those not as good as you >_>
Many of people say mindgaming is more important... i do agree to that,
BUT NOW, i am in the status where cannot improve anymore because i lack in technical skills.
Everyone, everyone, everyone goes through this, especially me (my 2 hour daily tech skill practice in the beginning of the semester lolz).

DracoFox

Smash Ace
This is NJzFinest on Lavos' account:

Rankings would be like...

Me/Kirk/CunningKitsune not using Fox
Maus
Kadian
Dracofox
Goose/Lavos
KSO
Puma
AC Burrito
See, I like this right here. The day when Goose can 4 stock my *** and take under 25% is the day when he'll be better than me.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
During dinner, first thing Kirk and Anthony said about Goose's list is "why is Maus sooo low?".

See, I like this right here. The day when Goose can 4 stock my *** and take under 25% is the day when he'll be better than me.
Wow, like I said before, I regret even making the post. I was simply throwing out the idea of doing a crew battle and somehow this whole ranking thing got blown out of proportion. But whatever.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Ok, I wasn't trying to start anything here. I just thought of what I'd consider fair teams for this. If you guys think Carl's is more accurate then that's fine. Heck, he'd know better than me anyways since he's been going to these longer than me.

Alan, relax. I don't know why you're getting so upset. We can just drop the whole crew thing. I thought It would've been fun and a change of pace, but if it's gonna turn out like this then let's just forget about it. Geez.

Remind me never to make a post like that again...

no, it's not you, I was just really pissed off at myself because I suck at this game

kirkq

Smash Ace
Purdue Power Rankings (courtesy of Kirkq)

1: Tim a.k.a. whalis

- Tim is the real hero, he is everything I strive to be, we may all only dream of one day being able to impress him. Tim's Zelda (a.k.a. the anti-Kirkq) also 4 stocks my soul.​

2: Willits, a.k.a Twillits a.k.a. Chum

- Willits mains every character in the game. Get on his level please.​

3: Schopper a.k.a. QQhopper a.k.a "J Showpay" at purdue.edu

- after his recent huge beef city in a game of DotA, Schopper has been striving to once again impress me. He taught me everything I know about smash.​

4: Carl a.k.a. NJzFinesttztszst

- he's black and he beats me with pichu.​

5: Ellis a.k.a. Big Daddy Muff

- Ellis is currently ranked as god tier. Master of rests. He only kills his partners because they are so inferior.​

6: Maus a.k.a. Seung Hwan a.k.a. Joons?

- Maus is Korean and therefore can micro better than any other nationality.​

7: Kirkq a.k.a. johns.com

- Kirk only wins tournaments out of the generosity of everyone aforementioned. He really is terrible at the game​

8: Everyone else

9: Cunning Kitsune - a.k.a. Frosef a.k.a. Frosune a.k.a. Study More a.k.a. Italian Stallion a.k.a. Study Mcstuderson a.k.a. Homework Johns ........... a.k.a. "get this **** out of my face"

- Someday maybe he'll place in a major tournament, but until then this kid is such a scrub.​

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
4: Carl a.k.a. NJzFinesttztszst

- he's black and he beats me with pichu.
LOL
7: Everyone else
yay, i am in 7th!

anyway.

Carlo// i told you this.
my opponent ****** me is fine. it surely is a good practice for me.
but just killing myself?
false.

that is not even a part of fun.
it is just the beginning of a 'quitting game'.

but whatever, with all the dumb things i do, i don't deserve that high.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I want everyone to REMEMBER THIS!!! This is quoted in exact words from Feb. 16th meet.

DracoFox: The problem with text is that it lacks feelings.
Goose: Thats why I use SMILIES.

Criticism, Suggestions, Flaming/bashing, Humor, and being sarcastic can be hard to tell without an indication if it is in text. Real life should be easy to understand. Unless you are like me and lack the common sense of humor. -_-;

Anyways, this is all I have to say at the time.

Kso//
I've got a present for you that I forgot to give to you at the meet. I'll bring it next time I see you guys.

I know no one means hate between anyone. Its kind of like a big family of siblings whenever we have these meets. Sure we can be jerks, but we don't mean to be like that on purpose.

Edit:
Only one f'n reason why I had to put this part in. Welcome to the 69th page of this thread.
The curse of the 69 is upon us everyone...

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
Sorry KSO. :( I forget, one can as easily offend by lack of recognition as much as unsolicited criticism. Again, I apologize for failing to observe your contributions to such a well organized contest.

Posting anything on a forum for competative games is like stepping into minefield...

goosefactor

Smash Lord
"Goose: Thats why I use faces."
"Goose: Thats why I use faces." FALSE

*Goose: Thats why I use SMILIES. :)

Ya, this whole thing is stupid. Let's just decide to drop whatever bad blood there may be. Trust me I didn't mean for any of this to happen (I just wanted an innocent little crew battle!!) . If in the process I pissed anyone off then I'm sorry. I try hard to befriend everyone, and the last thing I want is for you guys to think I'm a jerk or something.

Believe me, I don't spend 3+ hours there and back, and over $30 ($40 if I enter the brackets that I'm bound to lose) in gas for each tournament just to start stuff. I do it cause I like playing the game, but more so cause I like hanging out with you guys.

Sure we can be jerks, but we don't mean to be like that on purpose...
Except to you, Draco. ;)

*HINT: Notice the little yellow face at the end of the sentence!

**I'm glad to know you liked the parody, Carl.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Except to you, Draco. ;)

*HINT: Notice the little yellow face at the end of the sentence!

**I'm glad to know you liked the parody, Carl.
This is where I turn my head and twitch my head like I'm going insane.:psycho: Btw, I mad the correction...

OH GOD!!! Not the CURE of 69!!!

wait wut?

What exactly does 69 cure, if you don't mind me asking Draco?
I meant curse. It was late a night and I had gotten back from IHOP with my friends...

Maus//
Just out of randomness...
OBJECTION!!!
THE CAKE IS A LIE <insert female dog word here>!!!
I'd put the "b" word, but that just turns into *'s....

Now to everyone. As I am currently fighting for my **** rights again with work. I might of won myself being able to make it to Saturday tournaments... ON TIME!!! For some odd reason, EVERYONE has to get THEIR hours cut back... What I don't get is why am I the ONLY one they have talked to about getting 1 day off or two half days... Obviously, it seems like they're trying to get rid of me . -_-;
Anyways, about this tomorrow. No, I will not be able to hang out cause I have work Saturday morning. Though I do ask if there is any plans for a tournament next week so I can get that day off and have no worries about not being able to attend the whole thing.

_kSo_

Smash Master
for anyone who is wondering, I had a rough week last week and I was just in an all around bad mood for some reason

anyway I'm better now, (aside from the fact that my parents are nagging me about school), and I've decided to turn a new leaf

from this point forward, I am not playing falco anymore

I'm going to pick up fox and play him all the time. I mean, that's the best way to get good with a character, right? use him more!

yes, so that is what I'm doing. And with him , there is no need to practice falco kuz fox is much harder to use...

anyway, this may decrease my skill level for a bit, seeing as falco's geyness won't be there to make me twice as good as I actually am, but I believe it is all for the better. Anyway, nice to see this thread alive again.

Thank you all for putting up with my random moods..

goosefactor

Smash Lord

I'm going to pick up fox and play him all the time.
Oh man. You were already solid with having fox as a side character. He's gonna be much more of a problem for me if you start to main him:(

But it will be fun when we do our friendlies next week. I'll be looking forward to testing him out. I want to make sure to do a fox ditto cause I couldn't do it before with your Falco cause I don't really play him.

Make sure to warn Kitsune that there's a new fox on the block who's looking to overthrow him!:)

Top Bottom