• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
In Melee? Not really. Most of the times I play him is in tournament matches. He doesn't really play smash with others that much. *he doesn't even touch 64*

_kSo_

Smash Master
well how does thursday night sound? ive got class until 3:00

hmm, i have an exam that REALLY need to do well in next week, but maybe on saturday after the tournament, or i could just bring an N64 to the tourney and we could play there...but I dunno, that and friday may be the only times that i am free

goosefactor

Smash Lord
No, we all died in a horrible penguin related accident.
I figured as much. Hmm, that's what I was afraid of. So does that mean that Maus can finally "have your white thing" (or is he dead too?) Also, does it mean I shouldn't really bother coming down this weekend (afterall, those penguins may still be down there, and I don't really want to share the same fate as you guys). Then again, if I did come, I'd finally be able to clean up in the singles brackets....But I digress; I don't even know why I'm still talking to you since you're dead and all.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I figured as much. Hmm, that's what I was afraid of. So does that mean that Maus can finally "have your white thing" (or is he dead too?) Also, does it mean I shouldn't really bother coming down this weekend (afterall, those penguins may still be down there, and I don't really want to share the same fate as you guys). Then again, if I did come, I'd finally be able to clean up in the singles brackets....But I digress; I don't even know why I'm still talking to you since you're dead and all.
the penguins would beat you in singles. they are bad in teams tho

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Cinnamon: PPLLLLEEEAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*spin c stick*

"Maus, you're so slow!"

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
I stink at this game... why do I even come to tourneys anymore... I only won like 5 matches the whole time I was there.

KSO// Your fox is really techy, I was surprised that I was able to beat it.
Carl// I finally played your fox.... Wow... I stink with fox...
Anyone who played Marth against my fox// Marth is a woman.

It was fun but yeah, I stink. I need help...

Vro

Smash Lord
I had such a blast! Thanks for hosting it, and thanks for all the compliments. It was a great time.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Carlo//

Good Job getting the first place.

'The Guy'//
Well done dude.
you gotta play me. we should play.
i need to play you.

ok? ok? ok? done?

Jay//
good work overall.

Alan// i haven't seen you playing today.

Goose//
your shiek seems preety solid, heh?

Draco//
i was about to say something,,, but i will save it for the next critical moment.

Burito and Matt S//

you guys are improving fast plus improved a lot.
good to see, good to see.

Vro//
i didn't have a chance to play with you. danm.

Hiroshi//
Don't worry about it dude.
you will cry if you see my fox.

and...

TRAIL!!!!

it was really nice to see you, and get to play you although we only have played few matches.
i look forward to play you again.

Lastly, Anthony....
within few weeks i will castrate your falcon. grrr

_kSo_

Smash Master
guys, i'm really good at this game, so if anyone needs a teacher, please let me know so I can teach you how to be awesome at this game

(//sarcasm)

Vro

Smash Lord
Oh god.. I'm still reminiscing about it. NJ, remember rapid A to tail?

Oh, do you remember when you got smash comboed? Cause I do. =D

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Yes, I must say that SSBOXIV was the best one yet (at least for the ones I attended). Hopefully this high attendance will be seen throughout the subsequent tournies. Alright, Let's get down to business.

NJ- Great job winning singles. I so thought I had your Ganon on FoD! I was not a fan of that one. You had solid playing all night. It was cool that you ended up joining us at McDonald's...ahem...MacJohnald's. However, you SERIOUSLY need to brush up on your Mario movie trivia. I mean, come on; you didn't even know that Daisy was in it, and about Mario and Luigi's last name. That's...that's just too sad. It's too good of a movie not to know everything about it! What did it get by the way? Like 1/2 a star?

Maus/Mouse-I'm glad we ended up playing friendlies. And thanks for the Sheik advice (you too, Kitsune). I'll be sure to implement it into my game. You know, we still have yet to team for doubles!! Just throwing that out there!

Vro-It was cool of you to show up. It was great playing you in pools and in the LB. They were pretty good matches. I hope you show up for the next tourney.

Lavos-OMG! That Ganon waveland into the Bair for the win on PS was too crazy! That completely caught me off guard. You better not do any of that crap on me again!! Along with NJ, it was cool that you guys joined up with us after the tourney.

Draco-Get that Jiggles crap outta my face! I never want to see her again. That battle was too close, and it nearly gave me a heart attack. If I ever get into FFXI, you'll need to promise to PL me (I THINK I'm using the correct lingo). I'm glad you've been able to make the recent tournies.

KSO- Dude, I know you've always used Fox as a secondary, but I still didn't expect it to be that much of a pain in the a**. I guess I can leave it up to you to acquire great tech skill in only a couple of weeks. Ya, I'll need to watch you and Anthony play a game of Magic sometime (don't worry, you'll be able to take him. He's too busy wasting his time with those bird cards that only have 1HP and that don't even attack! What a noob!). *thanks for helping run the tourney. Believe me, it wouldn't of been possible without you!

AC Burito- Bryan, you are so getting owned when you come home this weekend. And next time, I don't want any of this, "I'm only gonna hang out at McDonald's for 5 mins. cause I need to hang out with Britt." Be sure to show KSO what's up. Don't let him bully you with his Fox!

Kitsune- This is the SECOND time in a row that you haven't played after the tourney. What is up with that!? Thanks for running it. It must be a pain doing that and highligting at the same time! That friend of yours, Trail, was a lot of fun to play against. Tell him though that he needn't go easy on me next time, and that I'll 4 stock his IC's. We will need to play Ultimate Stratego sometime. It's your type of game. It has lots of strategy and bluffing. Bryan knows what I'm talking about. Trust me, you'll like it.

Alright, well, I have some Slayers Boxer vids to watch (and some homework to do, but that can wait).

*EDIT*
That was basically Draco's Jiggs against me yesterday!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Maus- Thanks for the shoes :)

"Hey Trail, this is our token Korean smash player who looks like a girl!!! lololol"

Vro- Nice Falco man, I was very impressed. You know, the only reason why Kirkq beat you was because of those inward techs you kept doing. Kirkq only won because he was able to read that. Your Falco>both of ours lol
Oh god.. I'm still reminiscing about it. NJ, remember rapid A to tail?

Oh, do you remember when you got smash comboed? Cause I do. =D
LOL, I'm a sucker for random combos. Lavos once did this Gdorf "combo" to me:
Down B, Down B, jump of the stage, Down B spike (on my Fox).
But yeah...Vro...you should of played CunningKitsune. My Fox is 1/3 as good as his lol.

Lavos- Stop killing yourself with GFord.

Draco- Didn't get to play you much cept those couple of friendlies...when your game was off :( Hopefully next time you'll be playing as solid as you did in the past pooky <3
Btw, Draco, tell me when you get those vids up.

KSO- lol, I wanna call you by my old tag, "foxandfalco". I didn't play you at all besides those team matches and I didn't really "see" you much. But yeah, about us playing more in general...you definitely have to swing by Tark more >_>
Oo, and it's good to see your 64 skills are still solid. It seems with about 2 or 3 warm ups, your Falcon will easily get me into a combo and **** me over like a Japanese school girl >_>

Kitsune- You're prolly the worst player in the world.

Trail- Didn't get to play you...

Kirkq- You loss the game sir :p I have a feeling our matches in the future are going to be a lot tenser.
GG in teams though ^_^ Double Falco on Stadium is to sexy.

Hiroshi- It was nice to finally see you again. Your Fox keeps on improving man, you did some impressive stuff in our matches, but, speaking of our matches... I think you got pretty unlucky in the brackets :( It's the second time I had to face you first, heh.

Goose- Nice matches...yeah, again...chain grabbing...eh >_> But yeah, Mario's last name IS NOT MARIO, I don't care what the movie said :p

This was a good tourney, the skill level was higher then pretty much anyone other SSBO we've had.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
oops, double post

i gotta learn jiggs more to counter shieks.
there are too many shieks.
That's almost like me using Roy to counter Kadian's Marth (Jigg's worst matchup is Sheik).

Well, your Jiggs better become freaking ridiculous.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
That's almost like me using Roy to counter Kadian's Marth (Jigg's worst matchup is Sheik).

Well, your Jiggs better become freaking ridiculous.
yeah. people say that jiggs <<< sheik.

but i found out many points that jiggs is pretty much even with sheik.
this is what i concluded.
i will have to try anyway.
i am just too bad against shiek and fox, in general....

so yeah... you know. mario and samus are not good choice as well.
jiggs is my new way. =P

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
but i found out many points that jiggs is pretty much even with sheik.
this is what i concluded.
MANY points you say? I'd love to hear them.
According to Mango's Puff info thread, Sheik and Fox eat Puff. You might want to talk to him, he must be pretty terrible at this game.

Mario vs a good Fox does better then Jiggs against a good Fox. By that I mean a Fox that knows these matchups very well. Then again, the only Foxes who know a good deal of Fox vs Jiggs is me, Kirkq, and CunningKitsune.
Samus and Jiggs both destroy Fox players who don't know the matchups all to well, it's more in favor for Samus/Jiggs vs Falco players who are also not experienced in these matchups too.

Not trying to bash you or anything, I mean, you can pick up Jiggs if you want, but I'm just giving you a heads up if you're left disappointed. Ask any experienced player and they will tell you Sheik is one of the, if not the, hardest matchup for Jiggs.

Also, keep in mind that one of the reasons you may be bad against Sheik and Fox is because you rarely fight them. When I'm playing you, you never want to use Sheik, so I don't use Fox. Also, I rarely use Sheik against you. If you want, I'll use Sheik and Fox more. Also, you always want to play CunningKitsune instead, so we usually get very few matches.
Btw, don't you do good against Kirk's Sheik?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
MANY points you say? I'd love to hear them.
According to Mango's Puff info thread, Sheik and Fox eat Puff. You might want to talk to him, he must be pretty terrible at this game.

Mario vs a good Fox does better then Jiggs against a good Fox. By that I mean a Fox that knows these matchups very well. Then again, the only Foxes who know a good deal of Fox vs Jiggs is me, Kirkq, and CunningKitsune.
Samus and Jiggs both destroy Fox players who don't know the matchups all to well, it's more in favor for Samus/Jiggs vs Falco players who are also not experienced in these matchups too.

Not trying to bash you or anything, I mean, you can pick up Jiggs if you want, but I'm just giving you a heads up if you're left disappointed. Ask any experienced player and they will tell you Sheik is one of the, if not the, hardest matchup for Jiggs.

Also, keep in mind that one of the reasons you may be bad against Sheik and Fox is because you rarely fight them. When I'm playing you, you never want to use Sheik, so I don't use Fox. Also, I rarely use Sheik against you. If you want, I'll use Sheik and Fox more. Also, you always want to play CunningKitsune instead, so we usually get very few matches.
Btw, don't you do good against Kirk's Sheik?
Carl's right maus, I switch to Shiek against Jiggly in tournaments.

Also Brawl comes out in a week, it shouldnt matter anymore anyway.

Top Bottom