• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SSBU Beta

SSBB Beta test?

• yes

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 12 20.3%

• Total voters

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
There was a post on SSBU Miiverse, and this was about if we should have a SSBU beta test. Personally, I feel that we should because if the whole community has a imput on how the game is balanced and played then that would help Sakurai's job in making sure part 4 is going to be a good game. This has helped games such as Resistance, with it's open world beta. And also event betas like Marvel, gotten help from having tests since it was majority of players who felt that Gen 1 pre-release MVC was too Tatsunoko like, and not the marvel that they've come along to yeah. And I feel like Sakurai could probably benefit from doing this. what could make this better, is if her roataed 2 characts ever 1/2.

"Fighting well never become perfect im"

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I'm saying yes, but it's for totally selfish reasons, as I need to get my hands on that game.

Although, it probably would benefit SSB4.

D

Deleted member

it would be nice to have the such. however, as long this game isn't a direct copy of brawl as it currently seems, i think i will enjoy the game. :mewtwomelee: :lucario:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
it would be nice to have the such. however, as long this game isn't a direct copy of brawl as it currently seems, i think i will enjoy the game. :mewtwomelee: :lucario:

No doubt they are going to copy some stuff from brawl, but we do know its going to be faster, so that's a plus!

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
How does it seem like a direct copy, even if it isn't melee it seems more fast paced then brawl and there's some obvious stuff like no tripping :p

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Selfish reasons.

I think we all, to a level, want it for selfish reasons. I remember the Gears 3 beta and how fun and helpful it was to the game. They had things like the Sawed Off fixed (to a level -.-) as well as some other game mechanics. Point being, it'll satisfy us and help them.

One problem - this is Nintendo we're talking about, unfortunately.

D

Deleted member

How does it seem like a direct copy, even if it isn't melee it seems more fast paced then brawl and there's some obvious stuff like no tripping :p
yeah it's just unlike the transition from melee to brawl this seems like Brawl 2.0 :mario64::mariomelee::mario2::mario2:

D

Deleted member

No doubt they are going to copy some stuff from brawl, but we do know its going to be faster, so that's a plus!
maybe the only plus but there is always wii fit trainer, Mega Man and .......... who is only know as
The villager

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
Seems like a beta version would be a good option. Then again, this probably would only release in Japan and would only be given to selected people because it would only be a matter of time before someone would just leak the .iso file online.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
God that would be a dream come true if was hired for beta testing smash bros since I actually want to be a video game/program/product/Gini pig for stuff mostly video games

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I'll stat neutral on this choice.

Melees meta is still growing as we speak. I hardly think a years worth of testing a limited roster full of incomplete characters will help balance the game.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
If nintendo supplied us with the frame data and hitboxes then maybe there'd be some useful input from us on how the game could be adjusted. But seeing as how they won't my hands are tied.
I'm surprised how the playtesters missed Metaknight's glitches. It's hard to program with multiple controllers in mind, especially when the player can edit the controls so that the second stick performs actions, but to not catch his infinite glide was a pretty big thing.

I'm sure that with Namco on board they'll be able to catch any glitches and make the game more balanced than ever.

Groose

Smash Champion
I voted no.

I don't want to play it until I can get my hands on the completed package.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
On one hand I want to wait until I get the whole game, on another hand I want the game to be as good as possible on release.

However, I don't see how a beta will make much sense. Usually with retail games like these you won't be able to try out all the content in a beta version, and Sakurai would definitely not want to have the whole character roster available before release, and the point that I'm interested in improving is balance, and our feedback won't matter much if we can't try out the whole roster, but of course we won't have access to all of it, so it'd be futile testing in that regard.. So... yeah, I think I'll end on a "no."

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Guys, keep any brawl vs melee arguments to a bare minimum as they tend to lead to flame wars, trolling, and hurt feelings.

It would benefit the game but I think the Beta should only be available to a select few. These select few being the movers and shakers in the Smash community.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
yeah it's just unlike the transition from melee to brawl this seems like Brawl 2.0 :mario64::mariomelee::mario2::mario2:
We do not know that much at this time so I do not think that if fair. If you mean graphic wise the HD looks great and I am sure the 3D will be nice as well (If you compare them side by side you can really tell the speed/color/effects are very different this time around) and I am sure this game won't be that big of a jump since it is supposed to be the middle ground between Brawl and Melee.

lu-cari0

Smash Rookie
I don't think they should until they add more characters and start releasing stage and battle mode info.BUT, after they do that they should release a free beta test and let people report bugs and suggest improvements.:lol:of course this has no selfish reason...

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Never heard of a console game with open beta. Is that common? Iv'e participated in PC-betas wich is always a good thing, since there is a forum where you can suggest, discuss, report glitched/bugs and such. Also, the devs always keep a close relationship with its beta users in this stage. But I don't see that happening with Sakurai and team tbh. Seems like a western company way of making games. Mostly seen in games like Dota2, LoL and similar stuff. Very un-japan like (based solely on my prejudice and gut feeling *_* ).

Ofcourse I want to play it as soon as possible, so for selfish reasons I would say yes. But being objective, Im gonna have to go with "no" on this one. If there should be one, it should be closed and just sent out / be accesible to people with lots of experience and/or knowledge of the game. Mew2King would probably be the ideal closed beta-tester for smash4 :p

Let's hope they release a demo on the eshop for us mere mortals! Rayman had their demo out for like half a year before the game released (yes, there was some controvercy regarding that. With the release date moved and all that. But whatever, give us a demo soon please. I need to plat this game...)

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
I guess it would be a good idea. However, it is a double-edged sword. True, we would probably get way less bugs at release but the game could get REALLY dumbed down for the casuals - maybe to Brawl Level. However, it might also end up needing more skill to play if the competitive players are more vocal. I vote for a Beta as long as it doesn't make the game stray from the original idea of between Brawl and Melee.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Yes I don't wanna waste my money and be dissapointed like i did with brawl it would be great to know early on if this is brawl 2.0 or a smash bros game that is actually better than the older entries and the next step. Just give us battlefield and Pika,mario link samus.

So far it seems to be brawl 2.0

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
There was a post on SSBU Miiverse, and this was about if we should have a SSBU beta test. Personally, I feel that we should because if the whole community has a imput on how the game is balanced and played then that would help Sakurai's job in making sure part 4 is going to be a good game. This has helped games such as Resistance, with it's open world beta. And also event betas like Marvel, gotten help from having tests since it was majority of players who felt that Gen 1 pre-release MVC was too Tatsunoko like, and not the marvel that they've come along to yeah. And I feel like Sakurai could probably benefit from doing this. what could make this better, is if her roataed 2 characts ever 1/2.

"Fighting well never become perfect im"
The problem with the beat is the game will likely not be any better for it. A lot of games seem balanced in beta and then break when more people are playing it. You'll have to have post game patches to make it balanced anyway so it's better to just go with it and make changes along the way.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
So far it seems to be brawl 2.0

So far it seems to be nothing realy...
We get it, you know nothing about this but you still say it in every thread. In another thread I even saw you citing sakurai where he said something along the lines of: "We are not per say, fixing stuff for Smash4. The game is just going in another direction." Then you say: "so yeah, this seems to be brawl 2.0", wtf? Missinterpreteting on purpose? It's alright to be a pessimist, the way you felt about brawl and all, but this is gettin a bit ridicoulus :p

Calm down brother....

Top Bottom