• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBWU/3DS Dr. Mario / Mario Sheet & Cape Ledge Cancel

Dire Creeper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dire_Creeper
So I was just messing around with Doc in Training Mode, flipping CPU's left and right with the Super Sheet, when I stumbled across something interesting: I used Doc's side b when he reached the ledge, and it cancelled. I thought this could come to some use, so I tried it out with Mario, and of course it worked.

Based on what I've discovered, Dr. Mario and Mario's side b can be ledge cancelled at ANY time during the animation, no matter which way you're facing. The reason I chose to post this on the Dr. Mario forums is because it's more useful to him rather than Mario. With the Sheet & Cape Ledge Cancel, you can use your side b to reflect the opponent as you attempt to grab the ledge as you recover (more useful for Doc since his side b causes no momentum to him) and use it as an effective edgehog (again, more useful for Doc).

Here's a couple of GIFs showing examples of this put into use:

As a recovery method:

And as an edgeguard:

Note: As I've mentioned before, you're still able to grab the ledge no matter which way you face, which isn't shown here. It depends on what you're trying to pull off.

If you can't tell what happens in the GIF with Doc, he runs up to the ledge, uses side special right as he runs off, and grabs the ledge.

I hope you've enjoyed my findings. Feel free to experiment with this at your will!

Dobbston

Smash Apprentice
You can also use the cape to grab the ledge after using an edge-hopped pill.

Top Bottom