• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Nuris

Smash Lord
I'll bring my router and can set it to open access/WEP.
Also, I'm down for playing any time/place after this Friday.
Please make this weekend epic.

kbye

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I wanna travel with a couple of my Evansville boiz is darkatma/the rest of stl avaliable saturday and can house us saturday nite?

alt-F4

Smash Ace
so trying to get rotom from pearl... just found out what i need to do to get the national pokedex... i am really beginning to hate the **** out of this game.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea, i wasn't ever planning on going lol. I was just bumping for ripz.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
so trying to get rotom from pearl... just found out what i need to do to get the national pokedex... i am really beginning to hate the **** out of this game.
if you play through story mode you will have seen 95% of pokemon you need to see from other trainers.

get dialga/palkia from the statue too dont forget

Lixivium

Smash Champion
People coming from out of town: If you can't arrange housing with Geno, Nuris, or Jebus, contact me as a last resort.

null

Smash Apprentice
wow null you haven't been here in forever.
me, geno, lixi are still around.
jeff the treppy is MIA, random is married, and there are more smashers that you probably haven't met before.
Yeah, at some point everyone in my town decided that they either didn't like Smash, or that they wanted to get married (cough).

Since then, I've just been playing SF4. There definitely needs to be a smashfest or whatever again, I'm definitely down for playing them again...playing only SF gets old (for me, at least.)

And yes, I have no idea who most of these people are. Sup guyz!?

ps. I should read the next page before I post. I have to watch my siblings for a little bit, but hopefully can be done with that in time. >_> If not, next time. ^_^

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Lixi, you need to play friendlies with me this weekend. Icees are mah main so teach me some stuff.

I want to play everyones from STL! Toga, Nuris, ...Saturday lunchtime till Sunday breakfast will be my stay.

Andale, you should come too.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
if you play through story mode you will have seen 95% of pokemon you need to see from other trainers.

get dialga/palkia from the statue too dont forget
im missing the pre evolution of lucario... the evolved form of some stupid thing.... and then legendaries. I was just hoping i would get it after beating the elite four.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
im missing the pre evolution of lucario... the evolved form of some stupid thing.... and then legendaries. I was just hoping i would get it after beating the elite four.
-do the iron mountain sidequest and Riley will hand you a rioulu egg

lake legendaries are self explanatory mespirit is a little ***** and will run away though.

dialga/palkia you should have caught the other one can be seen off a statue

pretty sure you dont need manaphy but if you do I'll trade you mine temporarily cuz he's hard to get

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
yeah I don't think my house can accomodate all of brawlers, meleers, and out of town people on Saturday all at once.

especially if I'm gonna make food

also people will need to get lost early sunday if you plan on sleeping over because I have a Finance final on Monday

Cook

Smash Master
Well, I can understand wanting to make it a Melee Smashfest now if people are traveling from IL. But if that's the case I guess I won't be coming. Unless someone else wants to host?

Or if people wanna go to Chicago...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can't just have both games set up?? >_> haha

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
actually I was more leaning towards making it brawl, not melee

I play melee with binyan and the gang all the time anyways, and I'd like to meet the brawl crowd before I leave stl when the semester is over

I also have 4 packs of boba for bubble tea and flour for dangos to kill off before my parents show up and confiscate it for being unhealthy.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea what any of those things are but do them for us!
boba

dango

if you're adventurous enough I can make Eel

if not i'll try to americanize my chinese food for you whiteys I guess
pan fried noodles, salt+pepper beef, flied lice and potstickers

Cook

Smash Master
Eel=Nicole's favorite.

I don't need Americanized food, I eat everything! I just won't know what any of it is lol. Really, though, I'm more interested in the most authentic stuff.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
What's dango? Sounds yummy.

yea, i remember trying to order eel once at a chinese place. They gave me a fluff ball with white cream in it. Didn't even look like an eel or taste like meaty, it was sweet. Is that eel?

Nuris

Smash Lord
why do i get the feeling that cookie has the yellow fever
and by that i mean he has a crush on chris (MentokJebus)

my place should be open for housing and smash friday/saturday/sunday/whatever. same place as many people stayed before, pm me if you wanna stay here and need more details.

MentokJebus, you have lotsa space at your place assuming we can use the extra room(s). if it gets too crowded or noisy though we can always have overflow/melee/restart at my place.

Dango (団子?) is a Japanese dumpling made from mochiko (rice flour), related to mochi. It is often served with green tea.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
lol nuris, way to copy that straight from wikipedia lol.

btw, cookie = binyan?

This is yellow fever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOyRWuklsiQ
I'm sure Binyan will be flattered to know you think he doesn't know what bubble tea is

I don't think the Evansville people are interested in Brawl so it's probably better to split things up, maybe Melee at Phil's and Brawl at Jebus' or something like that.

BTW how many are coming from Evansville, exactly?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm coming over for Melee.

Not that you're setting up this smashfest totally for me, but I'm a "separatist" in the sense of Brawl and Melee smashfests. Nobody has the room to host all of both communities so I just wanna play Melee with peoplez.

Only 2-3 from Evansville.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
I'm coming over for Melee.

Not that you're setting up this smashfest totally for me, but I'm a "separatist" in the since of Brawl and Melee smashfests. Nobody has the room to host all of both communities so I just wanna play Melee with peoplez.

Only 2-3 from Evansville.
in the since?

wtfz

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Thats wack, I play both games and so does rip. Melee & Brawl together!

Separatist GTFO
It's not so much that as it is a question of logistics. I don't think we can fit the Melee people (including Evansville) and the Brawl people (including Andrew/Nicole) into either Phil or Jebus' place. I know you would play both games (I would too), but since the Evansville and Columbia people would not, it's probably better to split them up.

Top Bottom