• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Roux

Smash Journeyman
@Hylian, I just talked to the owner of Arch City Games in Bridgeton. They hold tournaments at their game store pretty often. ... It sounds okay, maybe not ideal, but okay...

We could start the tournament as early as noon on a Saturday.
$5/person venue fee.
They do not have CRT TV's there, but he's cool with us bringing our own.
We'd have to bring our own game discs, possibly a couple extra consoles.
We can have all our own rules and set the tournament fee at whatever we want.
He said the venue gets a little crowded with more that 20 in there... which would mean that it wouldn't be good to have people from as far as KC or Springfield coming to this.
And also he said that if it turns out to be either a larger or smaller than expected turnout, he would recommend that we adjust the rules of the tourney to either make it go quicker or last longer.

So, not ideal... but I do like the venue fee pricing. I think it would be alright for a STL local tourney... but we play together all the time anyway for free. I didn't make any commitments, which is good cuz I'm leaning towards 'no'... but it does sound easy.

He also has connections with this guy name William ... something... but this is his website: http://www.stlgu.com/ Apparently he's trying to build a fighting game scene in STL, and conjuring publicity and other sorts of stuff. It may be a connection worth exploring.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Anyone from StL going to Retribution and has room in their car, would it be too much to ask for a pick-up? I'm in Louisville, KY which is right along your way.

I could potentially provide housing. If not, I will definitely give you gas money for your trouble.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm not going.

Fae do you want to play PM sunday?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
FAE you have detention?

MY WHOLE WORLD HAS BEEN SHATTERED.

What happened to the young, plucky kid who helped me clean up at Kahoka?

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
So yeah so like my teacher made us write poems and I wrote the best one in the class. The teacher read mine on the projector and everyone was snapping and cheering and whatevs. I mean this was some pretty loud eric-riding. Then I said **** yeah, except as soon as I got the f out the whole class was done cheering and it was just that awkward silence. So yeah needless to say, I got that good ol' detentione' and I have to pay $25 to go to it. So it's just like going to a tourney mirite?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL eric you have the dumbest school ever.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
So yeah so like my teacher made us write poems and I wrote the best one in the class. The teacher read mine on the projector and everyone was snapping and cheering and whatevs. I mean this was some pretty loud eric-riding. Then I said **** yeah, except as soon as I got the f out the whole class was done cheering and it was just that awkward silence. So yeah needless to say, I got that good ol' detentione' and I have to pay $25 to go to it. So it's just like going to a tourney mirite?
That is pure gold.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Never minds about Retribution, my partner isn't going so I guess I'll serve my Saturday detention this weekend
are you serious? @__@

DLA
WTP
LOE1
Overswarm
Reflex(?)
Zeton(?)
Sneakytako(?)

all of these people need partners. and if you had just ****in spoken up earlier i would have just paired you with legan and OS with tech or something

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ST. LOUIS PROJECT M PEOPLE

The 6th Rolla Monthly will be hosting a Project M side event! It's set to take place on November 3rd. I'd love to see you guys again, since I was quite busy TOing both the Melee and PM events at GH2 I wasn't able to really hang out with you guys until it was almost over. Since I'm only running the PM side, I should have much more time to play. Rolla is also not too far from ST Louis as far as I know, so it should be a lot cheaper for you all to go.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
ST. LOUIS PROJECT M PEOPLE

The 6th Rolla Monthly will be hosting a Project M side event! It's set to take place on November 3rd. I'd love to see you guys again, since I was quite busy TOing both the Melee and PM events at GH2 I wasn't able to really hang out with you guys until it was almost over. Since I'm only running the PM side, I should have much more time to play. Rolla is also not too far from ST Louis as far as I know, so it should be a lot cheaper for you all to go.
Awesome, we are definitely interested.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Yo David

I think we're leaving MJG with you in St. Louis until Bpow picks you guys up on the way to Retribution
Give me an addressssss

clowsui

Smash Legend
what in the jesus? just skip saturday detention and do overtime LOL

also drn definitely confirmed he couldn't go way before that >:| you lose

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
yo so somebody mentioned to me that there are melee gatherings on thursday
i told him i couldn't go because my dota team (root) was practicing every thursday
well i just got the boot from root-gaming because i couldn't practice often enough with them so suddenly my thursdays are open

can i get some deets
also please do not be offended by my offensive name i am too lazy to make a new account and really don't want any trouble

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Hey again guys, the bar I go to for other fighting games (Danno's American Pub) wants to do something Smash related on Friday, January 4th, the day before a semi-major tourney for said other fighting games. They are saying Melee, but, if that picks up steam we can really hold a tournament for any game we want if we can get numbers. I am sort of in charge of the planning, and wanted to see if anyone would show up to it? I also can eventually do Project M stuff if people like it. Its up to you guys really.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Hey again guys, the bar I go to for other fighting games (Danno's American Pub) wants to do something Smash related on Friday, January 4th, the day before a semi-major tourney for said other fighting games. They are saying Melee, but, if that picks up steam we can really hold a tournament for any game we want if we can get numbers. I am sort of in charge of the planning, and wanted to see if anyone would show up to it? I also can eventually do Project M stuff if people like it. Its up to you guys really.
I'd be interested. More for Brawl than Melee though.

Top Bottom