• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Random6669

Smash Apprentice
Won't happen Geno, and you know it. NOBODY can touch Sam around here, remember in Florida where she 20 stocked the Georgia Crew? and they have people who can "tech" play, I don't think you're ever going to get a stock without her suiciding...

P.S. ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!

SamDvds

Smash Ace
nice a melee player ,kool u main fox as well, can u waveshine? i just learned about 2 days ago after 7 years lol
lol actually peach is my main, but i been buffing up fox since every female smasher in existence mains peach/sheik. the only decent video i have up is one vs darkrain's fox at a kc tourney a while back, but heres the link anyway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToLGloxi2vU

p.s. yes i can waveshine lol

p.s.s. u guys will have to take down my zelda first before u get to fox ;)

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah i can't touch sam's fox...

hehehehh guysss with this many people i think it is fate that we have a mini tourney!!!! GOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGO

and sam that vid of you vs darkrain is awesome. You bombed him lollll

Random6669

Smash Apprentice
I have unfortunate news...

I have fallen as sick as a dog and will not be able to attend the festivities.
Moshyaki-arimasen! :urg: (a.k.a. I'm really sorry :( )

Of all the things to happen too, usually I either don't have gas or I have previous engagements, but this time...I'm sick...how lame IMO...

I hope you guys have fun, but there won't be an awesome Roy there to inspire the low tier players...and that makes me the saddest of all....like a....like a sad panda!

Oh, and BTW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bc0mG5omTo !!!

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Aww. you wont be better in time for Friday!!?!?!?? If you do somehow make a miraculous recovery you have to come! The 2 of us together might actually be able to take a stock off of Sam.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
They have a clan called the Tenmen, but I wasn't good enough to join. :/

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
So is sam the best around here or what?
Naw, I'd put Sam around second best since she has such a good Fox. Best is definitely Roger though. I haven't seen him in ages, anyone know if he's going to be around in the near future?

SamDvds

Smash Ace
rofl yay zig leveled up on smashboards! also i think geno and everyone else has my smash skillz mixed up with soulcalibur 2...now THAT all of u put together wouldnt be able to get a stock off me ;)

Legan

Smash Lord
rofl yay zig leveled up on smashboards! also i think geno and everyone else has my smash skillz mixed up with soulcalibur 2...now THAT all of u put together wouldnt be able to get a stock off me ;)
Pfft, that sounds like a challenge. My insane button mashing skills vs your techical play.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Sorry to say I won't be able to make it, my brother is in town this weekend and I haven't seen him in forevarzs. I was looking forward to bringing my Samus to this meet, ah well, I will catch you guys next time.

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
So is anyone hosting tomorrow? I'd look through the previous posts, but I'm not supposed to stay on the computer too long since I just got laser eye surgery today!

I'm actually looking forward to playing some brawl with you guys too. Who's decent at/plays brawl here anyways. Hope I'll get to see you all again tomorrow!
*crosses fingers that Geno's hosting*

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I might need a ride to this from somebody; the "Check Engine" light on my car just lit up today for no apparent reason. I think I'd be able to drive it to the Brentwood Metrolink Stop but I wouldn't drive it to Geno's.

Is there anybody going that could possibly pick me up? I live near Big Bend and Highway 64/40. I would like to leave by 1:00 AM but I will accommodate whoever's giving me a ride.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Well, I only play Jigglypuff though, and Jigglypuff is terrible. There was never much hope to begin with.
I play Jiggs in Brawl, and she's horrible. But I don't think I've ever see anyone say Jiggs is bad in melee.

Hmmm, either way I guess she just gets worse with each game, worst character in ssb4?

null

Smash Apprentice
If I'm done with my stuff tomorrow I'll give you a pretty good fight with my ROB/Snake.

Btw I just installed Homebrew Channel today so if I do come over tomorrow you'll get to play a Trip-less Brawl on my Wii and I can also install it onto your Wii if you want me to. :)
Yes, plz.

Uwee hee hee!

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Muba, I'll probably take you up on the tripless brawl thing.

I've never really played against a snake before either. This should be interesting.

What time are you guys getting there around?

MuBa

Smash Lord
Btw if anyone feels a bit weird about the non-tripping thing...

Removing run-induced tripping DOES NOT effect attack-induced tripping (and like Diddy's bananas and/or ROB's down-tilt).

It only removes the tripping variable when you start a dash....sooooo basically you can actually dashdance without the fear of tripping and have none of it in general, w00t!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I came here to host a free info-session about the no-trip cheat, but Muba already beat me to it, part of the way.

PROTIPS:
1. Tripping still doesn't matter.
2. It's really easy to turn off though, so a lot of people will.
3. It does not involve opening up, "hacking", or modifying your Wii. It is just installing the homebrew channel.
4. You boot normally, you have tripping. You boot from homebrew, you have cheats enabled, such as no tripping.
5. Whether tripping is on or off, tourney organizers should make sure no other cheats are on... just like Melee and every other game.
6. Tourneys will almost never have a tripping on or off standard. They will just go with whatever people show up with.
7. ...because tripping *still* doesn't matter.

Now you know, and knowing is 50%... (That's even more than Rock Smash!!!)

BONUS INFORMATION: And like Muba mentioned, the cheat everyone is talking about only affects random tripping, not anything attacks induce. Those are unchanged, along with everything else in the game.

MORE INFORMATION: If anyone says "omg I can't believe anyone is hacking the game what's next editing chaingrabs, nerfing metaknight?!?!" I will personally Snake jab combo you in the face. This is like turning items off, nothing more. Plus, I don't care. I'll probably leave tripping on by accident most of the time, because, tripping still doesn't matter.

STILL MORE INFORMATION: If anyone actually DOES want to edit chaingrabs or nerf metaknight with cheat codes, I will personally Snake forward-tilt your face.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Also why the heck am I sitting around in an airport in Detroit?

This sucks.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Also why the heck am I sitting around in an airport in Detroit?

Free wireless internet....?
------------------------------------------

Also if I do happen to come I'll only be able to give you guys the Homebrew Channel (Which will be saved into your Wii memory) BUT in order for the channel to be useful DO buy an SD CARD and an SD CARD READER (Cuz you're gonna end up with a lot of sexy emulators and roms illegally FREE ^_^)

Anyways off to being busy again -_-;

null

Smash Apprentice
I would be very grateful if you could allow me to partake in this homebrew channel madness.

Basically, you HAD BETTER SHOW UP. ;)

Top Bottom