• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
IMO, Link should be higher. People haven't figured out how to chain grab space animals yet; also no one has perfected being able to do the "sandbag combo" (the one you see in HRC vids); also I have yet to see anyone bombjump continuously over and over again (which you can do at around 300%); also no one has found a useful application for the super jump yet, which there totally is; also bomb tricks, like putting a bomb on a platform, is like so sexy.

LOL I LOVE HOW MY MAIN CHARACTER SUCKS SO MUCH AT TOURNAMENT PLAY AND GETS WORSE EVERY YEAR

No respect (from Sakurai), I tell ya, no respect.

TP

Smash Master
you guys record when i'm not here =[
anyways i am down for smash.. RIGHT NOW
in mudd 330 lol. on my dinkie tv and around my packed (and not yet unpacked) winter clothes
lol sup guys
smash friday imo.
actually i really wanna play other games as well
OK guys, It's been a fun week moving into college. Time to get back into this ****. You're in Mudd? That's awesome, I'm in Park. Friday? Hell yeah.

:034:

Lixivium

Smash Champion
LOL I LOVE HOW MY MAIN CHARACTER SUCKS SO MUCH AT TOURNAMENT PLAY AND GETS WORSE EVERY YEAR

You don't need Link, you're already good with the best character in the game (Jigglypuff). Just learn not to choke on the last stock and you're golden.

Legan

Smash Lord
IMO, Link should be higher. People haven't figured out how to chain grab space animals yet; also no one has perfected being able to do the "sandbag combo" (the one you see in HRC vids); also I have yet to see anyone bombjump continuously over and over again (which you can do at around 300%); also no one has found a useful application for the super jump yet, which there totally is; also bomb tricks, like putting a bomb on a platform, is like so sexy.

Maybe next time you're around Ill show you how to REALLY play link in ****ty melee?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Kyle are you going to do a results thread for Aerial rave or is it not worth it since it was less than 20 people or something?

Also, any time after 2pm today guys. I'm home and stuff.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Theres never been a results thread even when there was 50 you just want to see ur name as 1st get luckier scrub D:
Danm straight I do, I am not ashamed!

... also I'm pretty sure there was a results thread for the first one because Kyle talked about it in some of his MK / Jigglypuff posts.

Also WTF you are not a Yoshi main get that **** outta here lol

Book!

Smash Journeyman
yeah puff is good. just sit in your shield and wait for uthrow opportunities.

binyan did you get a new cell number? i was walking around the 40 and gave you a call, but i think i got someone else.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
i thought you were making a combo video or something. mostly i just like to give legan a hard time <3

TP

Smash Master
I've played against about 15-20 other freshmen over the past few days. A couple of them are actually decent, though none are good yet. They have potential, though. Only one guy has mentioned Melee, so not much is going to happen on that front, it seems. I can't wait to play with you guys again.

:034:

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I'm posting way in advance in hopes of getting Viperboy and Lemon to come, but I'm gonna try to host a IHOP smashfest next Friday (the 4th). Everyone should come, we'll have brawl and melee both I'm sure.

BTW thanks _glook for putting up those vids. I'm sure it must have taken a lot of time...

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
Depends on what time. My parents are going on vacation that Saturday so I'll probably have to leave earlier (midnight or something). But if I do come, I'll bring my recording stuff.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
I'm posting way in advance in hopes of getting Viperboy and Lemon to come, but I'm gonna try to host a IHOP smashfest next Friday (the 4th). Everyone should come, we'll have brawl and melee both I'm sure.

BTW thanks _glook for putting up those vids. I'm sure it must have taken a lot of time...
What is up st. louis homies.

next time there is a nice smashfest, if someone gives me a ride i can bring a setup and 2 tvs.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Okay so I'm good to give everyone rides to everything. At least people around Wash U.

Need to play Friday. Mudd or what?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Also I *WILL* get aerial rave results soonish. Promise. I don't have time now but I made a backup of the file just in case.

TP, swing by my place whenever you are bored or in the direction of the Loop. It's an easy walk.

Teh Future

Smash Master
TP, swing by my place whenever you are bored or in the direction of the Loop. It's an easy walk.
Only if he doesnt get mugged mirite.

Ill be at genos next friday if Im off work, I haven't played any melee in a while.

PHIL you should come and we can smash64 :D

Nuris

Smash Lord
Only if he doesnt get mugged mirite.

PHIL you should come and we can smash64 :D
The walk from the South 40 to Greenway i.e. Park/Mudd to Kyle i.e. Wash U to Wash U is generally pretty safe. It's not until you hit Delmar and beyond that you get into the rough neighborhood (that's where I live cuz im gangsta).

I'm gonna try to be everywhere to play all types of games :)

Top Bottom