• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I've been looking over my schedule, and since I might be done a tad early tomorrow, I might be able to make it to the fest around 3:00 or so.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Ok, it's nearly 2:00, and I'm still up because my roommates have been drinking, laughing, and being all around noisy.

Right now I feel like ****. I came down with something this morning and it's been getting progressively worse throughout the day.

So this is what I'll do: I'll get up and be waiting for people at noon, setting up my tv and other equipment. As soon as Nomek or Sparrow shows I'll give my cell phone to one of them so they can get the calls and let people in.

Meanwhile, I'll probably spend the whole afternoon sleeping in my room. I might come back and play a few games if I feel up to it, but we'll see.

Nomek

Smash Apprentice
Blue Wolf just so you know I'm not gonna be at the tourny tomorrow so someone else will have to run brackets and cell phone duties.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
That was the most fun I had at a smashfest or tourney yet.

That was some crazy stuff that happen, especially the tournies we had and then the FFA's at the end.

So many slop kills.

It's a shame that was my last smashfest that I get to go to. I'll let you guys know when I return.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Best Smashfest yet.

Thanks 4IRE for the ride home.

3rd in Low Tier teams with SuperDoodleMan, yayuhzz. I have no idea how I did so well in low tier >____>

I had to rep G&W in the crew battle. :chuckle: Glad the crew battle got taped, even though I got 3-hit gimped by Marth in the first match. >_> G&W can't touch Marth.

I've definitely improved, considering that I now get 1-stocked by people who used to 3/4 stock me. Especially my Ice Climbers. I don't even play them much but my ICs did better than all my other chars. I need to play them more. I might start playing Sheik in tourneys, because she's such a great character and everybody just loves her. :) I did just as well with Sheik as I did with Ice Climbers. It's so easy to win with Sheik, and I don't even play her. I just need to learn more about Sheik, instead of relying on noob gimps. Only problem is Sheik's horrible tilts, crappy aerials, useless projectiles and lack of chain throwing ability. :rolleyes:

Zeus: I still can't beat you.
Disciple: I still can't beat you.
Aaron: I still can't beat you.
SDM: I still can't beat you. (Even though I didn't play against you.)
JS: I still can't beat you. (I think I won once with Ganon, I'm not sure.)

McDonald's FTW.

Baka: GG's in the singles tourney. That is one sick Doctor Mario. It's like he can't get hit.

Croudo: Great matches we had.

Bluewolf: Glad you came and smashed with us. Get well soon.

Those FFAs were awesome. I wish those were recorded XD

JS, Aaron, and Zeus: You guys should've recorded your Falco dittos. That was like 5 combo videos worth of pwnage right there.

Anyone else I didn't mention: I probably forgot your name. I'm horrible with names. GG's anyway.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yeah your GaW is getting better 56k, but you have a habit on focusing on one person in teams, you should help out SDM sometimes when he's fighting the other person. Like once you get one of the other opponents off the stage, try to aid your teammate with the opponent that's on the stage, then go back to the one that's recovering and edgeguard them or something.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah your GaW is getting better 56k, but you have a habit on focusing on one person in teams, you should help out SDM sometimes when he's fighting the other person. Like once you get one of the other opponents off the stage, try to aid your teammate with the opponent that's on the stage, then go back to the one that's recovering and edgeguard them or something.
Thanks for the tips. I think I was focusing too much on not killing SDM. G&W has so many kill moves with large hitboxes. I almost killed him several times, killed him at least twice, and I Judgment Nine'd him once (Sorry SDM :laugh:) I didn't do much fighting, I spent most of my time Parachuting my opponents into oblivion. (Slop kills FTW) But hey, it worked.

:luigi: :luigi: Double Luigi was too good as well. :chuckle: I should play the green guy more often. That tandem aerial kill on the last stock was sick.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
this was indeed a great smashfest and lasted till midnight lol.

JS- Stop getting better I used to be able to constantly 3 stock you. Now I can only 2 stock you =P and every once and a while pull out a 4 stock <.<. and for that I say GG. You like my fingers?

Bluewolf- glad you felt better and I was able to play you after all. You sheik is definetly nothing to mess around with. although Ice Climbers as way more fun to watch.

Jason/sync- GG guess sparrow wanted to play me badly but maybe at the next tourney if you make it I will be able to play you more. Your fox is alot quicker then mine all I have is crazy sounding waveshines with mindgames.

Zues- I like playing falco dittos with you =) Stay with falco. You will keep getting better if you just keep comming to smashfests so I can play you more. Usually at tourneys there is never time for many friendlies.

Greenbunny- 3 stocked by my roy lol

disciple- 2nd place??????? Waaaaa????? well good job with your wierdly played fox/falco skills.

roy wins the tourney!

ulti- glad you came!

56k- Mcdonalds ftw indeed.

chexr- o.O

see everyone at the tourney in 2 weeks.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
i just have to apologize for hogging aaron, and thank aaron for owning me enough to let me realize some of my obvious patterns.

d.disc, way to leave with a bang i guess... why'd you play pika when you own so hard with fox.

croudo, low tier teams was ****ing fun... molly has aids.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Answer to your question is because I always want to improve on my Pika and I wanted to see how high I can get going with all Pika, also I've been playing with him since SSB first came out.

My main goal was to see how far I could get with Pika in a major tournament, thus why these tournaments and smashfests were great places to get more training in with him, I still have many things to master with Pika, also Teflon said I should try to pull out my Fox in tournaments to see how far I could get with him, but I had to be confident with him, he said if not then I should go with Pika.

When I do come back prepare to see a very nice Pika/Fox/whatever else combination. I dont know what I'm going to do probably train with Zeus, or train some of these guys at school if they want to get really good or fairly decent then send them off to you guys to own them and give them more tips.

!! BAKA !!

Smash Rookie
56k: GG single's, I love doc, but it seems he cant really do anything. But i'll still play it cus i can dodge a lot of attacks so well :D (where's all the bob money matches.. I cant steal moves =/ I think he moved on to falco)

Jason: GG my confidence in my fox is now gone, i quit him once I got owned 2v1 with Alan, cus alan is good and so am I.

J S: GG low tier match,
BAKA + Alan vs. Croudo + James Sparrow
ness ness luigi? dK?
2 stock dead 2/3 stock 2/3 stock
ness = win :D! (after that we got owned at MK2)
Anyway are you gonna be putting the video up for the smash fest thingy and whens it going to be up? I wanna see myself get owned + what was the pictures for again.. :urg:

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
Beautiful simply beautiful, the smashfest that is.
It was great playing Aaron for a good hour in those dittos, and 56k we probably could have made a good 3-4 min combo vid, mostly Aaron though. I think I finally learned not to roll to the inside so much. Crews was fun and the low tier teams was crazy, so many Luigis. I'm all Falco now, My combo ability has come back and its curtains for Marth, Fox and Falco for the win. Hope to see all you guys at the next tourny and hopefully perform even better, got 5th in friendlies now lets translate that to the real thing.

P.S. Bluewolf I hate your Ice Climbers chain grabs(Shudders)=)

Croudo

Smash Cadet
I must say that we had a darn good fest yesterday. i think 12 hours of smash gave me arthritis but w/e.

Aaron - i think your roy may have finished puberty yesterday. i'll have to get more matches with you next time.

JS - molly has aid$ ftw...we're doing low tier teams at the next fest fo sho

56k - good matches indeed

Dude who played jiggs..."King"? - we had some good "thats what she saids"...mine were probably the best tho. i need to play more yiggly.

everyone else - gee gees

James Sparrow

Smash Master
"king" was lang.

i'll get the crew vid up sometime this week hopefully

baka, check out some of eighteenspikes games on youtube, he has a bunch on his profile, and i have some on mine. he's uber.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
D*mn you lol! Did the him/her give it away? >_>

I would've said him/her for any character though.

Working on Falco too, even though I get combo'd to hell by other Falcos.

Eci4

Smash Ace
secretly I'm working on my falco... basically I play fox and ness right now.... and I want to get out to a fest or tourney but work/not wanting to drive up there alone is holding me back right now

James Sparrow

Smash Master
everyone who played in crews please post what character you were, and who you played against... nobody used tags in the vids, so it's hard for me to remember everything.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I used a tag in crews :p

It's obvious, but I was the Game & Watch in crews. I took the last stock off a Marth (4IRE I think) and then I fought Ulti's Ganon on Battlefield.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
i'm not putting in the bluewolf games because he said not to since he wasn't actually on the crew.

i know it's obvious for most of them, but idk all of them.

i knew probably all but 3 of the games, but i don't want to make people feel bad for not being recognized... and yes 56k you used a tag... but honestly who else uses G&W

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
This was left up on my comp when everyone left:

Aaron - Falco 5
Sync - Blue Fox 5
James - Falco 5
56k - GDubs 4
Aconite - Sheik
Lang - JPoof 5
Zeus - Falco 4

GBunny - Marth 4
Croudo - Fox 4
Ulti - Ganon 4
D. - Fox 4
SDM - Peach 4
Baka - Doc 4
4IRE - Marth 4
Alan - Link 4

You should probably leave me out so one team doesn't get 4 extra stock, and Aaron won't have to appear in the video. Either that or make it a "hidden character" battle or something.

Aaron - I like playing my IC's a lot more than Sheik, but I need to learn her as a strong support character. I used her at Beezo to go 2-0 with EoW, a set that probably would've been a helluva lot harder if I'd used the Climbers. Peach, Samus, Marth and Ganondorf are just too commonly used for me to ignore their dominance over the IC's. :/

Edit: Someone left an orange controller in the lounge. I'll be keeping it in my room until someone claims it.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
That was a fun fest. Wish I could've been there sooner/longer.

Thanks to everyone who did friendlies with me. I hope to play more people next time.

Thanks for teaming with mem Zeus. I think I saved you as many times as I KO'd you. >.>

Crews were fun, until I played vs Fox (was that Sync). I'm beginning to lose confidence in my Fox matchup. Although I did think I was playing better than usual.

See you all next time.

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
You should just put up Aaron vs. BlueWolf as a match seperate so people can see Ice climbers in action if they want. low tier teams was fun. I wasn't warmed up yet Aaron against your Roy...........

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
MKII + Pika's bthrow also = instant death >.>

But yeah, the MKII teams matches were pretty crazy. One team would camp in the middle and the other team would camp on the outsides...it helps to have a projectile so you can annoy your opponent into attacking you.

Also, at the next tourney, the character I'm going to use is
*LOL, Mindgames'd!*

Pwnage, moisture, ****, etc.

Top Bottom