• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stage and character swapping.

havac

Smash Cadet
Ok just a few question sorry if these have been asked before I didn't see anything.

Is there a way to make a PSA Ike(A) then Make another different PSA IKe(B) and have both playable. Could I replace Sonic with Ike(B) some how using patchfiles through a SD card?

I want to do the same thing with stages. I want to know if there is a way to replace the brawl stages with custom stages and or make several different backgrounds?

If these aren't possible does anyone know if someone is work on a way too?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
No, I meant the generic Q&A.

although the code requests thread is pretty much the same thing now...

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
I was actually doing research on this once i had to come to a stop point for a few reasons, though it was basically a COMPLETE swap of Mario over Pikachu. i had copied everything (moveset, model, textures, ect) and everything worked perfectly except for 2 things, which im sure someone could develope codes for and fix.

1. all articles generated moves did not work, due to the fact that they didn't exist.
2. crouching didnt work so well and froze my wii. i forgot why (segab told me in a message...) though it didn't work.
3. sound effects also didn't work.
all i can say here is that a character (or move set) without generated articles (like captain falcon) should be able to replace a character with a very similar move set. people will work on this in the future though i would suggest just waiting till the clone engine.

dessert fox5

Smash Cadet
all i can say here is that a character (or move set) without generated articles (like captain falcon) should be able to replace a character with a very similar move set. people will work on this in the future though i would suggest just waiting till the clone engine.
Question: Is there actually a code engine being developed anymore? Everyone says "wait for the clone engine" then someone else says, "I dunno if we're gonna have one." Are we?

Top Bottom