• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Banning

EzrealMechanics

Smash Rookie
What are stages I should be banning/counter-picking to for other characters, assuming Smashville, Town n City, Lylat, FD, Battlefield, Duck Hunt, and Dreamland are the legal stages?

I often find myself just banning FD or Duck Hunt, and choosing Battlefield or Dreamland (since Lylat is always banned). I want to fix this, so what are some rules I should follow when choosing what stages to ban?

DeaDea

Smash Cadet
The general consensus is fd is pikachus worse stage followed by town and city. Of course it depends on things like match ups and personal preference.

w0ah

Smash Cadet
NNID
lanybobany
Esam made a video guide on what stages are best for Pikachu you should check that out.

Personally though:
I think FD is good against slower characters. It gives you the option to camp with Tjolts and not getting punished.

I personally don't like Lylat because I do a lot of auto cancelled f-air and d-airs. The stage tilting will making short hop dair a bad option due to its high landing lagg. I will still choose Lylat if it isn't banned because free quick attack landings, and if it is banned I get Battlefield or Dreamland

Top Bottom