• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Information Database and Q&A

All we have is a recording from one of our practice sessions, which has bad quality audio/mixing and obvious mistakes. :/

It hasn't even been split into songs yet (it's like an hour long).

sunshade

Smash Ace
Ah well thats a shame. When you guys have something ready let me know I would gladly hear it.

I never invested the time to learn an instrument as a child and I sorely regret it. I have thought about starting now but I don't have the time to learn and I also have a room mate whom I don't want to bother :/ Another addition to the to do list of unfulfilled tasks.

sunshade

Smash Ace
I have been told piano is a good place to start, but I think I am going to start by learning to read music first and just fiddle with instruments until one suits my fancy. Is there anyway to do that without busting your wallet?

good luck btw

Ghostbone

Smash Master
The piano is a good place to start really, though I never played it lol.

I used to play the Clarinet and Alto Sax....though I kind of just don't have much time to practice anymore :/

Sunshade you can hire instruments I believe, if you just want to give them a go. Not sure how much it costs to hire them though...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I don't know why I keep debating....
Hyuga (top mexican player) said:
Dude, stop saying stuff like that against the Ruleset (created by both TKD and me, if anyone was wondering)
And that cirlcle camping you're talking about isn't even effective, I'll show you why anytime! :D
RULESET WILL BE THAT ONE. It's just sad that I tried and help the community, but you don't even want to test it. Kyokoro, you think you know about the game, but you just know about the US gameplay (you haven't placed in any Mexican tournament). Mexican gameplay is totally different than everywhere else, you just keep saying that people here don't know how to camp or counter-camp, why don't YOU just addapt to OUR gameplay?
it's easier to move 3 random people than moving everybody else.
ExFalcon (former Smash-Mex mod) said:
I don't know why so much talking about the Ruleset, I'm fine with any. Also, it is made by our top players (Mexicans), which is the way many countries makes them. It's as easy as if you don't like it, you should test it in friendlies and locals, in just matter of time you'll adapt to it eventually before that tournament is made.
:urg:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Well they obviously don't see the massively obvious flaws in it :/

Go and abuse everything wrong with it if you can I guess.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I think I'll just learn ICs or Sonic and camp the **** out of them, and win because of those flawls!

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Yes, pick up Ice Climbers, and never ever approach, use de-synced blizzard with nana to stuff most ground approaches (she can jump without it counting to their air time right?).

(though if you're going to play them make sure you reeeeaaaally get down all their different chaingrab timing.
Dropping a chaingrab is one of the worst things to do mid-match) :/

So I'm ****ing tired, but I'm a hundred bucks richer!

The show was insane.

Twink making dat money

NNID
Budget_Player
I'm trying to get an article up on AiB explaining just how ******** it is. It's kinda flaming, so can you guys from mexico who aren't supportive of the ruleset PM Miles from Smashwiki on AiB and tell him "We are mexican and we support BPC's article, because most mexicans are gigantic scrubs and deserve a sound thrashing" or something to the tune of that?

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I'm trying to get an article up on AiB explaining just how ******** it is. It's kinda flaming, so can you guys from mexico who aren't supportive of the ruleset PM Miles from Smashwiki on AiB and tell him "We are mexican and we support BPC's article, because most mexicans are gigantic scrubs and deserve a sound thrashing" or something to the tune of that?

Just done it!! :awesome:
I totally agree with this and I'm spaming my smart friends to help the cause!!!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=101644
There's an english translation i the comments below.
It is still really bad....

@Alan: phil is your brother? LMAO

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Is it just me or is there a rule in there that says the TO can disqualify a player if in their opinion they're playing too campy?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
TKD said:
Si alguien se burla del evento y hace tiempo innecesariamente (ejemplo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxoKYzRY06Y), decisión del organizador o réferi. Yo daría advertencia y luego descalificaría.
UNA ALTERNATIVA a 10 minutos y regla de tiempo en el suelo, es menos tiempo (8~9 minutos) pero con la decisión de un réferi si se acaba el tiempo; siendo castigado con la pérdida a quien sea considerado el evasor de la pelea. De no llegar a una decisión (con ningún jugador considerado penalizable), una revancha de 1 stock con 3 minutos o tomar en cuenta el Sudden Death funcionaría...pero en Sudden Death debe prohibirse colgarse de la esquina más de una vez; dado que se puede demorar en la esquina inclusive luego de que aparezcan las bombas

If someone tries and mocks about the tournament and stalls unnecessarily (vid), TO or referee decides what to do against. I'd warn, and later DQ.
Another alternative is an 8-9mins timer, but in case of timeout, let a referee punish the one that avoids battle the most. If there's none to be punished, let them a 1stock-3min rematch or even SD with rules like ban grabbing the ledge or so to preven even more stalling
10 characters

Ghostbone

Smash Master
So basically

If you try an poke holes in our ruleset we'll disqualify you.

Grim I think we've found people as scrubby as the AVCon tournament hosts....

NNID
Budget_Player

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=101644
There's an english translation i the comments below.
It is still really bad....

@Alan: phil is your brother? LMAO
TKD has blocked me. What a ******. Someone tell him he's a douchebag for me, will ya?

And yes, that is AMAZINGLY scrubby. :(

EDIT: "Pokémon Stadium 2 is considered a favorable Meta Knight stage"

Yeah, he's also ****ING CLUELESS. ****, this is pissing me off.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
At least even with that comment, PS2 is still in Starters...
Just sayin'...

Fun fact is that the Stage "justifications" matches with his Ruleset, except for the part he's saying "excessively", there's just no criteria for "too much". lol

Non-srs side note: I somehow feel glad because of the support I've recieved from you people here and some Mexican players (The Toluca People mainly), makes me believe I'm not alone. *joy tear*

NNID
Budget_Player
Hell, I'd call the ruleset decent if it weren't for that ****ing air time limit. 7 starters, including PS2 is more legit than almost anywhere else. Throw in either Brinstar or RC and you're a bit better than germany. Throw in both, and you're better than most american stagelists. It's bad, but at least the starter list is great.

EDIT: Miles of Smashwiki is too scared to put anything intentionally inflammatory on the front page. If this were more obvious, like a region banning Ike for cheapness, then we'd be all over them...

I feel like making a giant, elaborate thread about rulesets, but I don't feel like writing it up.

Discuss.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Quick random questions:
How would you define "Circle Camping" as a ban criteria?
Under which criteria is Rumble Falls banned?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Quick random questions:
How would you define "Circle Camping" as a ban criteria?
Under which criteria is Rumble Falls banned?
Circle Camping leads to an extreme marginalizing of skills (after a player gets the lead, the game literally becomes the same for every match-up: Run away) which leads to being unable to test who the better player is in a Bo3/5/7 (because the depth is dramatically decreased, there is less of a skill gap between players).

Rumble Falls is banned because of the various forms of camping present there. Mainly run-away and circle camping.

NNID
Budget_Player
I feel like making a giant, elaborate thread about rulesets, but I don't feel like writing it up.

Discuss.

Didn't BPC already do that somewhere.

>.>

Kinda. Depends on how Twinkie wants to go for it. My "Appeal To Results" pretty much covered the generalities of everything that a ruleset should have for a game. You'd have to go above and beyond that, or override it somehow.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
AiB is not the place I would put that up, they are a lot more lenient on trolling and flaming there, I mean an admin was even putting up the chudat chronicles something we banned and infract people for posting here, I think that says something about the administration there.

Still I say go for it, since it's worth getting it out to the people who will listen.

Life

Smash Hero
LOL, calling out TKD like that, I'm glad we can't namesearch three-character names (which--I'll be honest--is one of the reasons I tell people to call me Incom, not IC--not that I need to namesearch tho--and I have other reasons, like Rule of Cool and it fits into an ingame tag).

Also, inb4 Fox drops on the tier list.

Good post.

Tangent: I think we need to find a certain standard for "scrub" tho. Like, I'm otherwise very anti-scrub, but I play Sonic. Scrub or no? Would 3S4M (no namesearch for you!) be a scrub for using :pika: instead of MK, even tho his pika is probably better than his MK (I don't know how he feels about stages and whatnot, but he ended up in BRC... but disregarding that)? Like, are there varying degrees of scrubby?

Also, here's a line. People who are good at Smash are not necessarily the best people to make rulesets, just like otherwise highly-intelligent college professors can be communists. If they agree, they agree; if they don't agree, they're communists. Everybody wins! :p

Kinda. Depends on how Twinkie wants to go for it. My "Appeal To Results" pretty much covered the generalities of everything that a ruleset should have for a game. You'd have to go above and beyond that, or override it somehow.
I'm pretty sure absolutely nobody would like my thread, everyone will disagree with me, and everyone will think terribly of me for it.

It has to do with creating a ruleset without double standards (the last time I used that argument was for legalizing Mario Bros., just so you guys know).

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
@Incom
Not using MK =/= Being a scrub, because using MK isn't always the best option.

Oh, and Falco isn't over-powered on Mario Bros, that's the last time I listen to other people without testing myself.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
It's not scrubby not to use MK if he's not your best character....

Falco's not that bad on Mario Bros....but

HIYIYIYIYAAAAAA

ADHD

Smash Hero
What do you guys think of removing Metaknight's ability to counterpick, and maybe even go as far as to not allowing him to choose the first game's stage?

Top Bottom