• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Tournament: Pokemon Stadium 2 Vs. PictoChat

half_silver28

Smash Ace
... this one is ridiculously hard to pick. I'd go w/ snake eater.... if only it had the vocals :ohwell:

........ I'll vote for theme of tara ~

urdailywater

Smash Hero
The Tara. Great music.

I'd think that the Molgera Battle theme would fit this stage perfectly also, but umpossible. So yah, Tara's.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Being one of the main playable characters of Persona 4, An elegant but introverted young woman with long groomed black hair and a red hairband in it who usually wears either a red jacket or a pink kimono, Yukiko is a rich, popular, gorgeous girl who seems very lady-like and correct all the time. Yukiko's family runs a famous hot spring inn, the Amagi Inn in the town of Yasoinaba, often mentioned in the news as "the treasure of Yasoinaba", Yukiko is expected to succeed the family business by becoming the manager of the inn, and is always busy training herself. Due to this, Yukiko often portrays a sense of oblivion towards romantic feelings, and often misinterprets others' conversations.

In Brawl, she brings her Persona and her fan that she fights with (yes she fights with a fan. No, I don't know how she can fight with it so well.) She's ready to heat things up a bit.

Size - 7.5/10
Around the same height as Zelda here.​

Weight - 3/10
Being a lightweight female protagonist...well...means that she's a lightweight here.​

Ground Speed - 7/10
Well...in the game, she does always want to run away, so she's at least decent at it.​

Traction - 4/10
You think a high school girl would have better traction...​

Jumps - 7/10
Also pretty good here.​

Falling Speed - 3/10
She falls kind of slowly...​

Special Trait - All Out Attack
Yukiko has an alternative way of KOing. In order to to achieve this alternative KO move, Yukiko must first knock the opponent down to the ground. After she does that, provided that the opponent is on the same ground level and is within 2 stage builder blocks, press any taunt to quickly have the following thing to happen below:

Just for those who don't know, that guy is suppose to be Jeff Hardy, my MYM 7 set.(wary)

Yeah, it's time for an all attack! Press A to confirm yes, and Yukiko will then rush in, attacking the opponent with a barrage of hits, with smoke and cartoon signs. At the end of the 3 second animation (which cannot be interfered), the opponent suffers 15% damage with knockback KOing at 80%. Ouch. Press B to say no, and Yukiko will cancel it. When Yukiko wants to perform an all out attack, the opponent can't get up.

Example of an All Out Attack. The pains i had to go through to get this GIF...

Of course, the opponent has a chance to fight back. If you're at a percentage that's higher above 20%, the opponent can button mash A 5 times within 3 seconds. If they are within 20% damage, it'll take the opponent 10 button mashes, while if your percentage is lower by more than 20%, it'll take 15 button mashes. Of course, there are ways to guaranteed those seconds, but I'll explain that later. If they do manage to avoid an all out attack this way, Yukiko will be knocked down herself, right next to the opponent.

Now, in a match with at least 3 characters, if one of the characters (besides Yukiko) is knocked down, the other opponent (whether it be teammate or foe) can perform a taunt to initiate an all out attack of their own. This time though, they'll temporally team up with Yukiko, and for every extra character in the assault, it'll deal off an extra 15% damage, for a max of 45% damage, with 3 allies. In this event, it's impossible for the opponent to fight back. However, other allies/Yukiko can choose to say no to the assault, thus auto ending it, though it at least works if Yukiko and one other ally helps you.

An image similar to this quickly appears when choosing to say Yes to the all out attack. In a 1 vs 1 match, only 2 boxes (Yukiko and the opponent) will appear. Every time though, the bottom image is the opponent's that's going to be beat up.

The interesting part is that each character from Brawl says something different when they want to start an all out attack. These include:​
Mario: "It's-a time for an all out attack!"
Yes: "Woohoo!" No: "Mama mia..."

Link: "Hyuh, HYAH!"
Yes: "Skraahh!" No: "Gah."

Fox: "Alright then, it's time for an assault!"
Yes: "Come on guys!" No: "Ehh...attack cancelled!"

Falco: "It's time to seek out my prey!"
Yes: "Hands off my prey!" No: "Bah, I don't see why not."

Captain Falcon: "Show them our moves!"
Yes: "Yes! (go figure)" No: "Hmph!"

Marth: "It's time to show them the true strength of my blade!"
Yes: "For Altea!" No: "Whatever your wish."

Ike: "Okay, it's time to show them the power of friends!"
Yes: "You'll get no sympathy from me!" No: "Alright then."

Pokemon Trainer: "Your foe's weak, get em [Insert current Pokemon here]!"
Yes: "[Insert current Pokemon here], use all out attack!" No: "Argh, almost had them!"

Yoshi: "[Insert Yoshi animal noises here]!"
Yes: "THERE YA GO SUNDANCE!" No: "[Insert Yoshi KOed noise here]!"

MYM Sets:

Yukiko: "Let's attack with all our strength!"
Yes: "Alright!" No: "Uhh...nevermind!"

Jeff Hardy: "Alright, it's time to go extreme!"
Yes: "Ahhhhh!" No: "Whatever floats your boat dude."

Edgeworth: "It's time to punish them at the highest extent of the law!"
Yes: "Take That!" No: "Well, I guess not."

Yuzu: "Alright, let's show them what we're made of!"
Yes: "Let's go everyone!" No: "Okay then..."

Nero: "Alright, it's time to kick some ***!"
Yes: "Let's rock!" No: "Whatever."

Ventus: "Okay, let's show them the power of heart!"
Yes: "We're going to win!" No: "Alright then."

Amane: "Let's show them what we can."
Yes: "Well then." No: "I understand."

Omi: "It's time to roll and rock!"
Yes: "In your head!" No: "Umm, okay then!"

Hitagi: "Hmph, let's show them what we can do."
Yes: "The consequences will be severe if you hurt me." No: "Well, maybe next time."

Team Rocket Grunt: "Hey kid, let's beat up this guy!"
Yes: "Go [Insert Pokemon here]!" No: "Hmph, we could have won!"

Shikamaru: "Let's just get this over with."
Yes: "Alright then!" No: "What a drag."

Annnddd...that's it. If you want me to add some more, just make your own, and VM me it or something.

Neutral Special - Persona Summon

Konohana Sakuya
A card appears in front of Yukiko, and she'll take a quick swing at it with her fan, destroying it, which only takes a second. Suddenly, it'll summon her Persona, as seen above. With this Persona, she'll have access to new attacks, which may help her depending on the situation. Just remember that when summoned, it'll appear in front of Yukiko when doing so. Her Persona will always be following her around, no matter where she goes. However, if you simply decide to tap B, her Persona will stay still where you pressed it, and you'll regain your usual moveset. Holding B for a whole second will cause it to disappear again.

Example of Yukiko summoning her Persona using her forward smash.

Now, sure it replaces some of Yukiko's moves, but what else can it do? What if i told you that if her Persona's summoned out, it counts as an extra character for her All Out Attack, so you could do 30% damage to the opponent? Not only that, when attacked, her Persona never suffers any knockback. The disadvantages to having her Persona out, as when attacked, all the damage is instantly redirected towards Yukiko (though only 3/4ths of the damage will be dealt). Considering how big her Persona is (a bit bigger than Ganondorf)...you best not have her Persona out for too long.

Fire Attacks that her Persona does can also set the opponent "on fire", suffering 1-2% damage a second, and after 5 seconds has passed, they'll automatically collapse to the ground from exhaustion. They'll be guaranteed to stay down for 2 seconds this way, giving it a perfect opportunity for an All Out Attack. Note that in the air, the countdown will pause. However, if they decide to roll around 2 times in a row, the status effect will disappear. Stop, drop and roll, remember?​

Side Special - Fan Blow
Yes, the move is as generic as it sounds. There are actually 2 uses with this move though. Simply tapping B will have Yukiko swing her fan vertically downwards, blowing opponents within a stage builder block of range away by 1.5 stage builder blocks, making it a decent spacing move. This has very little beginning lag, but average ending lag and that's about it. Can also be used to move things forward, or get rid of stuff.

Holding B will have Yukiko blow the fan on herself to cool herself like an elegant priestess (that's what fans are used for, right?). Anyway, doing this will heal Yukiko 2-3% damage per second she's holding the B button. Has very little startup, but average cool off when you decide to end it. Not an attacking move in anyway, but is good for buffing off any hits when Yukiko's Persona's out.​

Up Special - Backside Of The TV
Yukiko snaps her fingers, and suddenly a TV appears above her head (yeah, it's a prop, what are you going to do?), causing her to jump in, which takes half a second. Now, the TV quickly turns into a cursor, that can't be hittable, and you can move it for 2 seconds, being able to go up to 5 stage builder blocks in a straight direction, though you can end it later by pressing B. Yukiko will then reappear from the TV, which takes half a second. This is useful for repositioning Yukiko, which can also be very useful for separation of her Persona.

On the ground, the TV appears in front of Yukiko (which lasts for 5 seconds), and she can choose to move into it if she wants, and it reappears facing in the direction Yukiko is facing. However, note that any object, and only 1 object can go through it, so be careful when using this move. If an opponent or their projectiles go in the TV, they themselves can move the cursor.​

Down Special - I'll Face Myself
Yukiko will touch her heart area, and with a second of waiting, suddenly a cage will surround her, representing Yukiko feeling trapped within herself and it's as big as her. While in this cage, which has 40% damage to break, Yukiko can't suffer any knockback. Yukiko also can't move while in the cage, though she can attack it herself, and any projectiles she does will go through the cage, while still doing damage to it. Note that if the opponent attacks the cage, they'll also do damage to Yukiko.

So what's the point of this cage you ask? Well, if Yukiko breaks the cage, she'll overcome her inner self (or something like that), and her Persona will transform into "Amaterasu," which grants her Persona (and ONLY her Persona) moves half the amount of lag, and boosts moves like healing and damage boosts by 5%. In the event that the opponent breaks the cage, Yukiko will be grounded on the spot.

Using this move after her Persona's transformed will have Yukiko still touch her heart area, but this time, if the opponent's within a 2 stage builder block range, they'll be trapped in a cage this time, forcing them to go through the ordeal Yukiko went through, though it's only 30% strong. If Yukiko breaks their cage, they'll then be knocked down to the ground. This would be great for an all out attack, as mashing A is pointless for 1 second if knocked down this way. If the opponent breaks the cage, they'll force Yukiko's Persona to return to it's original form.​

Neutral Combo - Fan Smack
Yukiko will perform 2 diagonal strike with her fan, with each hit dealing off 3-4% damage, and only flinching knockback. It also has low priority, and regular jab range. In exchange though, this move has very little lag at both ends, allowing for an easy follow up. One of the few standards that her Persona doesn't have.

Yukiko performing her jab, and then following up into her up tilt.

Side Tilt - Fan Throw/Agi
Yukiko will throw her fan forward, where it travels at the speed of Link's boomerang, which takes very little startup, but average ending lag and it'll travel forward 1.5 stage builder blocks. Upon hitting, it'll deal off 4% damage, with a set knockback of 1 stage builder block forward, and it can then come back to Yukiko, for a possible extra hit, with knockback that sends them closer to Yukiko.

If her Persona's out, it'll fire out a fireball forward, the size of Kirby. As it travels forward 2 stage builder blocks at the speed of Lucario's neutral special, it'll deal off 8-9% damage upon hitting, with a set knockback of 1 stage builder block. This has the startup of Ike's side tilt, as well as similar ending lag, and the fireball has okay priority. Will set the opponent on fire upon contact.

Up Tilt - Fan Uppercut/Fire Ring
Yukiko will do a spinning attack, while swinging her fan along with her. This will deal off 8-9% damage, with a set knockback of 1.5 stage builder blocks upwards. This has very little beginning lag, though average ending lag. Hits all around Yukiko, though it has a bit of short range, and little priority. A good move to follow up into for getting opponents in the air.

When her Persona is summoned, it'll quickly surround itself with a fire ring, and it'll carry opponents above it's head. Now holding A will keep the fire ring spinning above it's head, dealing off 1-2% damage a second, though opponents can AI after the 5th second. If you manage to hit with this move for at least 3 seconds, they'll get the "on fire" status effect. Has pretty much the same lag and range input of Yukiko's up tilt. Of course, you may want to stop the ring of fire so they can collapse from being burnt...​

Down Tilt - Sweeper/Maragi
Want forced creativity? Too bad, Mario's down tilt: a leg sweep. Granted, it's pretty fast, and reaches nearly an entire stage builder block, but has rather low priority. This is however a guaranteed trip, with 7-8% damage to boot, so it's useful for grounding opponents when they're close.

With her Persona out, it will quickly whip up a fire pillar, half the height of Yukiko on each side, with upon contact, deals off a small 6-7% damage, with a set knockback of 2 stage builder blocks. This has average startup, but very little ending lag. This also inflicts the "on fire" status upon contact. At the end of the 1 second animation move, it leaves behind a small fire ball on each side of Yukiko. It only lasts 10 seconds before disappearing, but it can be moved around with Yukiko's side special and it has the same effect as the fire pillar, so use it wisely.

Dash Attack - Fan Smacker/Burn Charge
Yukiko wavedashes immediately slides on the ground attempting to stop, and does a barrage of 10 smacks of her fan on the opponent. Each smack does 1% damage with flinching. It has average startup lag, but very little ending lag, letting you easily follow with any move, even a grab. This also never KOs, and has meh worthy priority, but good for stopping opponents in their tracks.

With her Persona out, it'll charge straight forward, with fire surrounding all around it. It'll deal off 10-11% damage with a set knockback of 2 stage builder blocks forward, with a chance to lit the opponent "on fire." This travels a stage builder block forward, with good priority. However, despite having little startup, this does have above average ending lag. Still, a good move to try and rush in and flame the opponent on. When using this move, her Persona will be an extra stage builder block apart from Yukiko now.​

Forward Smash - Bufudyne

[ 20% ]

Up Smash - Ziodyne

[ 17-23% ]

Down Smash - Agidyne

[ 17-23% ]

Neutral Aerial - Mazan

[ 5% ]

Forward Aerial - Mabufu

[ 10% ]

Backward Aerial - Lightning Blade
[ 8-9% ]

Up Aerial - Drain

Down Aerial - Zandyne

[ 14% ]

Grab - Magic Hold

Pummel - COMP Power

Forward Throw - Power Throw

[ 15% ]

Backward Throw - Pixie Throw

Up Throw - Mothman Throw

Down Throw - Jack Frost Throw

[ 15% ]

Swordplay

Smash Lord
This one is hard...At first I wanted to say Snake eater because it reminds me of a bond game.

Battle in the base....I like it the most......

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Lip's Theme (Panel De Pon)! Lip's Theme (Panel De Pon)!! LIP'S THEME (PANEL DE PON)!!!

Dr. Mario for my vote.

Top Bottom