• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages Discussion for C.Falcon (UPDATED for NEW MBR rules)

D

Deleted member

yoshis is probably my new favorite stage

i finish tech chases fairly early anyways

low/close platforms for easy platform tech chases

prefer easy early kills

only like 3-4 foxes can outspace me

getting shined --> you can wall jump if ur quick if shine sends u towards the edge

edge cancel cloud

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
You can get some pretty fast wavelands off the cloud, I've tricked people before ~_~

Windrose

Smash Lord
Okay, the thread has been slightly trimmed on the first post to adjust for the new MBR stage list. (hurrah, no more need to put effort onto learning brinstar/rainbow cruise/kongo jungle)

However, I noticed that I did rely on kj64 and rainbow cruise once in a while in certain matchups and it felt really weird and uncomfortable to not have these in the first tournament I went to that employed the new rules.

I'm going to finally start cleaning this thread up and summarizing detailed stage preferences in the important matchups: Fox, falco, jigglypuff, sheik, marth, peach.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well relying on CP stages sucks haha I'm kinda glad they're gone
Although now JUNGLE JAPES is legal ... in teams
???

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yeah, haha, no doubles stage discussion available here. that's too complicated.

I REALLY liked kongo jungle 64 =( I can understand brinstar and rainbow cruise...but I actually used kj64 quite often :(.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i cant wait to go to jungle japes every single time in teams

a stipulation of being my teammate is that we will go to japes every time

just to laugh about these rules

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Jungle Japes is legit dawg you can ... get ***** by Klap Traps a bunch
!!!!
Go under the stage and around the world in a second for sick TEAM COMBOS

D

Deleted member

teams takes away some gayness from singles (EXCEPTION: DOUBLE FOX)

in theory, fox infinites on most stages disappear because it becomes 2v2 and infinites no longer will happen, making a good number of stages fine for teams if you banned a stage entirely cuz of fox shine infinite

it'd also be pretty sick seeing a lot of the old stages coming back but even considering fox infinites gone a lot of them still have some ghey shenanigans about them

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
man all i wanna do is play teams on wacky stages

im probably not gonna get to even play this game for like a month

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
I tried to talk about yoshis and fod being moved to CP in the tentative mbr ruleset thread, but instead people argued about polemon stadium, stage striking, and tried to goad me into admiting it was falcon bias instead of what i was proposing/talking about. It was extremely frustrating and i wont bring up anything ever again in that thread...
I lol'd pretty hard at this. . . as I felt the exact same way at the time. . . only I just stopped going on smashboards, period, as a result (. . . and because i was being lazy)

but on that note, one of the first replies to my inquiry of taking out fod and ys was that the remaining three stages would be real gay for the fox sheik mu, and that one of the sides would be at a huge disadvantage. . .
considering that im not going back to that thread, and that I somewhat missed the window of asking why, does anyone here know of why the first match of the fox sheik mu would somewhat break as a result of taking out fod and ys?

I think id be fun to bring a couple of the stages back for doubles (maybe cause im alil bored of the current teams stage list). Corneria, for instance, seems like a good pick, no?
(save for the random stage fallthroughs lol)

"%&@# THOSE LASERS!"

". . . good **** lasers. . . "

0Room

Smash Lord
I tried to talk about yoshis and fod being moved to CP in the tentative mbr ruleset thread, but instead people argued about polemon stadium, stage striking, and tried to goad me into admiting it was falcon bias instead of what i was proposing/talking about. It was extremely frustrating and i wont bring up anything ever again in that thread...

:phone:
I know exactly what you're talking about, I did the same thing with FoD
Arguing that neutrals don't interfere with match ups but that one does so it needs to be moved to CP

0Room

Smash Lord
They said they would then take off FD and make it YS, BF, DL64

Which everyone agreed on

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
just curious
WHY do ppl assume that there HAS to be an odd amount of stages for stage striking??

cant winner of the paperrocksissor just have one extra stage to strike??

that never made sense to me, for the most part

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
So give the winner of an RPS their choice of stage basically? <_< that doesn't really make sense...

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
or just random from 2, who cares

man i never thought i'd be this guy but only 3 stages would get so boring

Windrose

Smash Lord
yeah.. 3 stages would be pretty boring. I really miss kongo jungle. I used that stage quite often =S (not neccesarily directly but at least people had to consider banning it). now everyone just bans battle field which was my favourite cp vs spacies.

Before spacies, had to spend their ban on things like kongo jungle, brinstarr (and sometimes falcos ban FoD).

Now I have to take them to dream land which I prefer much less compared to battlefield as a cp vs spacies.

======

which brings up the emphasis on learning to be very effective on dreamland as falcons will be cping there a lot now imo vs spacies.

Where else would you guys go vs spacies?

Yoshis: unless you're s2j or scar...whom prefer this stage... it's not a good idea due to the small stage imo. (it's not that bad but there are better options)

Final Destination?: Pretty bad choice over all: falco lasers, fox can get some heavy momentum going against you. foxes usually cp here vs falcon if yoshis don't turn out too well.

FoD: no. unless vs falco, which is what i'm starting to think of doing >_> (crazy desperate ideas?)

Pokemon stadium: i think most spacies are really comfortable on this stage and it's also known as spacies stadium. probably not a good choice vs spacies.

Which only leaves DREAM LAND left:

dreamland offers some good downgrades vs fox due to the high ceiling but foxes usually kill you off the side through edge guarding or gimping neways right?

falco gets a big stage to laser you on but falcon can move around really efficiently on this stage. falcons can also survive long time as the blast boxes are far and can recover using falcon kick from high up.

In general dreamland is pretty good for falcon but imo it doesn't offer as good a CP vs spacies as battlefield did but now that stage lists are reduced, I feel dreamland is the only viable CP left vs spacies.

=====

TL;DR:

-i agree with bigD
-we're losing out on shopper's choices in terms of stage CPing and things are getting kinda redundant and boring.
-dreamland is the only good stage left vs spacies. not a lot of choices.

D

Deleted member

My opinions:

from a completely unbiased standpoint, FoD is completely freakin bad, although not as bad vs falco. If you win vs a fox it's because they are either bad or don't know the right abusive strategy on FoD. (NOT GUNNA SPILL DA BEANZ)

==

now with some bias:

FD is potentially good and potentially really bad. If you are a pro tech chaser you will love it but your defensive options are extremely limited because of the lack of plats. Getting grabbed/ comboed is probably your death and that's why i don't prefer it unless I am playing like a champ

Yoshi's- if you are good at infighting, not a bad stage. If not, then it's pretty bad. I enjoy it though. It's definitely not for people who prefer dash dance style.

It's not something I'd pick in a counterpick though and instead I might go for it in the initial stage ban over FD/ FoD

Dreamland- not a fan, but on paper it's a great stage for falcon. Like FD there's a large amount of room for tech chasing, this time with plats and bigger blastzones and mostly ineffectual wind

Stadium- I like this stage, but is it worth a counterpick? maybe. Fire ***** Falcon (but not as bad as people think because you can do some epic tree *****), I LOVE Rock stage for some weird reason, all the other stages are neutral.

It's a stage with risks. The stage changing, transforming into a bad stage like fire can turn the game around. At the same time, the 'gamble' element isn't as big as people think.

Is it worth counterpicking to stadium? Maybe in a bo5 or winners set.. it's pretty even IMO vs fox/falco

Battlefield is one of the best, if not the best counterpick of the neutrals. Almost no question here.

tl;dr, focus on stages that fit your style best and/or be so **** you can **** your opponent so hard no matter what homoe stage he picks (except FoD)

==
Despite the homosexuality of some of the counterpicks, I don't like them being taken out because it DOES make games boring. I wish more stages were put in but a good number of them are banned because of fox's infinite shine

Some amazing games were played on stages like Corneria, even though that is a horrible imbalanced stage. But at the same time, some amazingly BAD games were placed on others like Rainbow Cruise (see last match of PP vs M2K RoM3, big disappointment to great sets)

Top Bottom