• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages to Ban

Deoxys

Smash Lord
the halberd is awesome for meta knight!

but the fx zero places and low ceilin stages arent the best for him
i think hyrule is his best spot
Lol, what? Hyrule? We're talking stages that are tournament legal, and I don't think you mean Pirate Ship.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
wow infinity way to have the same counterpicks as me :)

except for norfair that **** is banned at like every tournament I go to rofl
Because it should be. I have no idea how the hell it made it into counterpick.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
It shouldn't matter, I'm surprised that norfair is still legal anywhere.
I'm not, it's a completely legitimate stage. But that's neither here nor there, and the reasons why have been argued a bajillion times in the Official Stage Legality Discussion thread.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Stupid question. But... what is the worst stage for Mk against CF?
Temple.

But seriously, I would avoid places with small blast zones and places with lots of platforms against Falcon, I guess. To be honest I have no experience with this matchup so I probably wouldn't ban anything and play on neutrals.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Stupid question. But... what is the worst stage for Mk against CF?
No idea... if the "Counterpicking Made Easy" thread is accurate, I'd go with Distant Planet since the thread says it's good for CF and it's not particularly good for MK. Also, Norfair comes to mind as a good choice, but IDK how accurate my mind's impression of CF's strengths is.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
If I don't know exactly who my opponent is going to play, I ban FD so I don't get a surprise IC or Diddy counterpick.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
If I don't know exactly who my opponent is going to play, I ban FD so I don't get a surprise IC or Diddy counterpick.
Yeah, that makes sense. Also it would be a Yoshi CP. It would suck if they then brought out Falco on Japes, but I guess that's better than having to face the aformentioned characters on FD.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Last time i played Norfair i felt like its probably not that good for mk, i hardly hear somebody talk about it tho ...

banning stages depends on the characters your opponents play anyway

stuff like fd for diddy or corneria/smashville for snake is pretty obv

Staco

Smash Champion
I would counter piazzale if I played m2k, just because I saw the fight against NL. xD
Normaly I bann the stage, which my opponent likes. ^^ (or I bann nothing)

Top Bottom