• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stalling? Or just plain "lame"?

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I dont think this story is legit just cause i dont think anyone could shoot the laser that long, its a cool idea though, im definitely pulling out my autofire controller, if a t.o. has a problem then ill switch it back but its easier to get forgiveness than permission

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
I dont think this story is legit just cause i dont think anyone could shoot the laser that long, its a cool idea though, im definitely pulling out my autofire controller, if a t.o. has a problem then ill switch it back but its easier to get forgiveness than permission
Is it possible to use an autofire controller to **** shields with fox/falco jc shines?

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
That's basically the definition of stalling. You have a lead so you just camp until time runs out. I did it to a friend once and he got so pissed I'm afraid to use lasers now without losing my smash partner lol its technically stalling but its so gay :laugh:
That's just it though, he's technically not camping. He's on the offensive. TECHNICALLY, that is.

tubes

Smash Ace
This is deffinitely stalling and doesn't even necesarily rely on another players stupidity. All you gotta do is techchase and bait a getup shine. run towards them as they roll, short hop back, shoot lazers, MINDGAMES!

Seriously though there is no argument you can really make to justify doing this. There is absolutely no benefit to doing this other than stalling out the clock with it.

**** is legit as hell in teams though.

tubes

Smash Ace
Stalling is intentionally avoiding all conflict with the intent of safely timing out the clock while keeping your stock/% damage advantage to win the game. so yea it can be either defensive or offensive.

And yes even if it only hurts yourself its stalling as long as you got a stock advantage.

Technically its still stalling even if you don't have a stock advantage but that's also playing stupid and stupidity is always legal.

Top Bottom