• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Standalone screens (not from a trailer)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So, did anyone see the new screenshots up on the official site? It includes a new shot of Pit dodging Mario's fireball, but check out the angle.... he's going in the background, but it looks like he's lunging forward, so I don't think its the standing dodge...

What could it be?

Zodiac

Smash Master
Man Brawl is gonna so rule, by the way has anyonemash on the wii? it looks a lot better than normal.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Man Brawl is gonna so rule, by the way has anyonemash on the wii? it looks a lot better than normal.
I have, and actually, it did seem like it was somewhat nicer. I wasn't sure if it was just my eyes playing tricks on me or what though... I don't remember hearing anything about Wii being able to render GCN games with cleaner graphics. I was playing on a different TV than usual though, so that might explain my experiences.

Sensai

Smash Master
I was playing on LCD TV...oh wait, no, I've tried it on my TV before too. It does look nicer. Whether that's my bad eye sight (it's not 100% great, but I don't need glasses), my wanting to see it (it's the effin' Wii!) or that it actual DOES make things look better...no clue.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I have played SSBM on the Wii (new videos to come soon!). It's hard to say whether or not it looks better (like ps1 games on ps2), but according to someone else, there is lag when playing SSBM on the Wii.

As of right now, playing several matches on the Wii, I have experienced no lag.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
So, did anyone see the new screenshots up on the official site? It includes a new shot of Pit dodging Mario's fireball, but check out the angle.... he's going in the background, but it looks like he's lunging forward, so I don't think its the standing dodge...

What could it be?
Actually I think that's just the way it's animated. I think he used his wings to dodge, which put his body in that akward-looking pose. But The big hint to me is that he has his eye is on the ball, which doesn't seem like a logical animation to incorporate into a forward roll, even if a pivot were involved.

Evilnator

Smash Rookie
Great pics samus and pit are looking really nice... i like the way mario's clothes are make realistic :o, im as imparient as hell wen is THIS GONNA COME OUT!?

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Those Fox screens we keep seeing are really started to make me curious. I really want to know what there gonna do with him having his pistol out all the time. They couldn't be considering making his laser faster could they?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Maybe he'll have a near completely new moveset... his melee one is completely different from smash64 I wouldn't mind seeing it change again in brawl and with the pistol in hand maybe it will.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Fox has a scouter!

Fox, come over here and tell me his power level...

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAND

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
The zamus ftilt looks less like a screenshot and more like real gameplay footage. You can tell by the awkward lack of balance and inobvious things going on. If it had been planned it would look a lot cooler and (excuse me for saying this) the politically incorrect angle on her.

Summary: They probably have the game in some form or another!

WR3K

Smash Ace
gigayoshi.... duh, you didnt know that?

these screenshots ARE gameplay footage, if they were fake they would look alot more like cgi or something

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Yeah Fox looks awsome there no doubt. Haha kinnda got the whole dbz thing going on though with the eye scanner haha. Looks cool.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Mario still has a freaking huge head.
Speaking of abnormaly sized body parts, Fox's boots are like a size 29. I can't wait for Pit XD. And Zamus too. I know a girl that looks just like zamus, I'm pretty sure she was the orgianl model for samus :laugh:.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Has anyone noticed when ever Mario (this affects Wario as well) attacks, whatever body part he attacks with gets bigger? Sometimes I pause the game and say "Here comes the elephantitus punch(Fair)!"

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Kind of funny. Guess they though marios fist should balloon if it was going to spike someone, and it just went from there.

Never noticed this got stickied, so I updated it with all the pics that aren't from the trailers(8 pix).

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Kind of funny. Guess they though marios fist should balloon if it was going to spike someone, and it just went from there.

Never noticed this got stickied, so I updated it with all the pics that aren't from the trailers(8 pix).
In regards to the "giant inflating fist"...

Remember Mario 64?? Remember the attack combo, and how when you attacked, his fists and feet would get bigger when he attacks??

It's a cartoon effect that they kept in honor of that game. It was even in SSB64.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think they kept that effect in Brawl. If you watch the 2nd trailer, at the point where they show Wario you'll see him punch someone and his hands will grow big.

Top Bottom