• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Fox series (character possibilities) Viewtiful Joe, and Tales Of.. thread.

Jem.

Smash Master
So.. I am just stating what I think

Fox is guaranteed in of course, Falco has a great chance of making it back, but it could come down to Star Wolf vs Krystal for the last spot, and Star Wolf BETTER get the nod in. He is a very badass character, and they can make Star Wolf a slower version of Fox, give him a new moveset, or make Falco's moveset brand new so Fox and Star Wolf are clones. Krystal has variation, sure, but in no way does she deserve the nod over Star Wolf. Didn't Star Wolf know James McCloud? That's pretty epic story-wise.

Viewtiful Joe - I'd love to see him in. I am not sure how you would incorporate Mach Speed and Slow-Mo, maybe one button makes you attack stronger and slower, and one button makes you attack faster, but you dont stun their movement very often for 5 seconds. He probably won't make it in, but he could be a VERY interesting character if he made it in.

Tales of Symphonia / Abyss? It seems generic with the sword / long hair-ish kind of characters, but they could work. Lloyd's up B could be tempest, B-Over could be Sonic Rain. They could have fun with him. Abyss has virtually no chance, but Luke, Guy, or Natalia could be sweet.

Discuss.

Jem.

Smash Master
Thank you. I'd rather have Trico. There is just no way in my eyes they would use all 4, and no way that Krystal deserves the spot over Star Wolf. HELL, he is in the SSBM Intro.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Starfox is one of the best Nintendo series. If mario can have like 7 people(i consider yoshi and wario from mario), then starfox can have 4.

Jem.

Smash Master
Hopefully. Star Fox Assault wasn't that impressive/cool. And why was Falco faster/stronger than Fox in multiplayer and on the ground? LOL.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I'd love to see some Tales of Symphonia characters in Brawl. Characters from Abyss probably have lesser chances since it was on PS2 along with most of the other Tales series, unlike Symphonia which was the only Tales game released on Gamecube.

But I think Symphonia is too.. somewhat old to be on the list. They'd add in newer games like FE: Path of Radiance, and classics.

Lloyd does seem like a good character to add into Brawl.

His up-b would be Tempest (kind of like Link's up-b, only instead of the blade going only around him horizontally, it spins arround vertically. it should game a little less distance vertically and more horizontally.)

His b move would be Demon fang/Double Demon fang/Demonic Chaos? or Fierce demon Fang/Demonic Circle. A ranged move that moves along the ground basically.

And his Final smash would be his Level 3 technique, Falcon's crest.

He has so many moves that are Brawl potential. I think he would've been more suited to be in Melee than any of the Fire Emblem characters because they wouldn't have to make up moves for him.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Star Fox is a dieing series >_>
So they either have the choice to let it die, or bring it back.
It's true. All they have to do to bring it back, though, is focus on what makes Star Fox fun, instead of making it more like every other game in existence.

Take Starfox 64 as your base, add a little more depth to the gameplay, a dozen missions, and modern graphics, and they'll make a killing. Instead, they made Starfox assault, where they slowed down your ship (which made me feel a lot less cool while flying) and made the ship only part of the game.
The gaming market has been ridiculously flooded with 3rd person shooter/adventure games for the past several years, and Star Fox Assault was and example of taking something unique (the previous Star Fox games) and replacing most of it with this generic, overused platform.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The only reason Star Fox is dying is because they haven't had anything like StarFox64 again...

Man, always one step ahead of me, eh, Takalth?...Anyway, great minds think alike. Keep the franchises what they were, what made them so great. I mean, F-Zero is great because of the incredible racing speed and stuff. Although, I still have to say I'd love a FZ fighter...

Actually, nvm. Just give Falcon someone to beat on in Brawl and I'll be happy.

Edit: Anyway, back to the SF thing...I think it's because for some reason they decided they couldn't make a good storyline unless it was an adventure game or something. That I don't understand, I mean...having the main character's dad be betrayed by a guy who joined your enemy's flight team, while you team up with the other member of your dad's team to go defeat both of your arch nemesis...that seemed pretty good to me.

They should have it where there are different paths and you choose, and where you go depends on what character you will use for a storyline and...they could do a lot. There aren't many SF64-type games out there. They just need to go back to the formula and stick with that. I would definitely play that game, and as Takalth said...they'd make a killing.

Takalth

Smash Ace
The only reason Star Fox is dying is because they haven't had anything like StarFox64 again...

Man, always one step ahead of me, eh, Takalth?...Anyway, great minds think alike.
Lol, yeah, we've disagreed on a few things, but I find I'm usually on your side.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Starfox I wouldn't say is dying but is in a little rut with game idea. (Zelda went through that with Zelda 2). They just need to tweak on it and it would be just as original as Starfox64 (Which was a remake of the SNES Starfox).

As for Characters I think Krystal has the best chance.

1. She saves Fox in Command (I'm told I never played it)
2. Looking at Krystal's thread and Wolf's thread show's who's popular.
3. My greatest arguement her Staff and easy movesets.

Now Wolf would be alright but he would be hard to be something other then a clone. You could use Assaults moves since that was the only time he's playable.

Also there is nothing about Wolf knowing Fox's father. Pigma (who was Wolf's henchmen) was the one who betrayed James McCloud to Andross. Then in Assualt he betrayed Starwolf.

Now Viewtiful Joe I don't know about. Isn't Viewtful Joe two only on xbox or PS2? If I'm right then they shouldn't put him in.

I don't know anything about the third game.

Top Bottom