• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Trek

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Highest quality is on CBS.com. I love Star Trek and, though I'm a bit dubious, I can't wait for XI
Yeah, I'm not too keen on J.J. Abrams in general, and I'm not sure I like how they tarted things up in the trailer (the woman removing her shirt, for example; I didn't even know there were bras in the future!).

However, after how horrendous Nemesis was, I'm hoping that they can make something actually good. Although if it follows the Odd-Numbered Trek Movie rule, then we're screwed.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The new movie looks absolutely horrible and nobody in their right minds could think it looks cool, so I'm just going to assume you're talking about the TV Shows.

Then yes, I love Star Trek.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
All the movies suck, the shows are good save for the last season enterprise, which sucked.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I really liked Star Trek: First Contact. It was a great movie, even for people who aren't Star Trek fans.

Voyager was okay until the later seasons, where they completely emasculated the Borg and the show degenerated into Seven of Nine fanservice.

RedPhoenix32

Smash Rookie
I really liked Star Trek: First Contact. It was a great movie, even for people who aren't Star Trek fans.

Voyager was okay until the later seasons, where they completely emasculated the Borg and the show degenerated into Seven of Nine fanservice.
Yea, I know. It never actually seemed like Star Trek. IT DIDNT MAKE SENSE!!!!

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what it would be like if Star Trek and Star Fox crossed paths somehow. I know it would be a lasting effect. That much is certain.
I wrote a simply awful fanfic revolving around the Great Fox entering a dimension warp and encountering a Romulan warbird, with the Enterprise-D coming to their rescue, back when I was a Freshman in high school. :laugh:

On topic, I've been a Trek fan since I was very young. My dad was big into TNG, so I was introduced early on. As a sort of consequence, though, I don't care for TOS as much as I do TNG, DS9 and so on.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Has anybody read that X-Men/Next Generation crossover? Sounds really epic (I know nothing about it other than that it exists).

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
Has anybody read that X-Men/Next Generation crossover? Sounds really epic (I know nothing about it other than that it exists).
You're talking about the novel "Planet X", right? It's not too bad, I guess. I loved how the characters interacted, particularly Worf and Wolverine, but I found the reasoning behind the crossover happening in the first place pretty flimsy.

That said, I preferred the comic book crossover involving The Original Series. It's no more logical than "Planet X", but it's entertaining to see someone ask for Dr. McCoy and watch both The Beast and Leonard McCoy respond.

RedPhoenix32

Smash Rookie
You're talking about the novel "Planet X", right? It's not too bad, I guess. I loved how the characters interacted, particularly Worf and Wolverine, but I found the reasoning behind the crossover happening in the first place pretty flimsy.

That said, I preferred the comic book crossover involving The Original Series. It's no more logical than "Planet X", but it's entertaining to see someone ask for Dr. McCoy and watch both The Beast and Leonard McCoy respond.
I heard of that! It sounded awesome, but 'm sorry to say, I never found a copy.

Top Bottom