• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Wars: Clone Wars : Lighsaber Duels --first review added--

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Debut Trailer : http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35358.html

Developer: Krome Studios

Publisher: LucasArts

System : Wii Exclusive

Release Date: November 11, 2008

ESRB: Teen

This is a game based on the "Star Wars: Clone Wars" movie (that is in turn based on the cartoon of the same name). It is heavely built around force powers and lightsaber combat that will utilize the Wii Remote.

The playable roster:

Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
General Greivous
Mace Windu
Count Dooku
Asajj Ventress
Ahsoka Tano
Kit Fisto
EG-05 (new character)

IGN review - http://wii.ign.com/articles/930/930040p1.html (final score 5.3/10)

Spire

III
BRoomer
SWTFU looks better.
Yeah, but as Wii owners, we'll be getting both, so that's bonus. I'm all for this game and will certainly be purchasing it, despite the fact that The Force Unleashed will have a duel mode (Krome Studios said in the last Nintendo Power that Lightsaber Duels was made as a far, far more advanced version of the duel mode from TFU).

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
FYI, I am a character animator at Krome Studios and I've been working on this game...

lordzedd

Smash Rookie
yeah they suggested that TFU duel mode only allowed you select different skins for the same "character" fighting style...

will clone wars looks great! i wonder how motionplus would be in such a game...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I hope this game turns out okay. Not only is this a game based on a movie that wasn't well recieved, but so far this looks like a simpler version of The Force Unleashed. Hopefully this game's lightsaber combat rocks.

Also, according to Wikipeida, Kit Fisto has been confirmed playable. Unfortunatley there might only be ten characters total, so it looks like there are two slots left.

edit: release date is also confirmed as November 11, 2008.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Okay, I've got the IGN review here.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/930/930040p1.html

Ouch. I had high hopes for this game after the Force Unleashed. However, I'm confused as to how 1:1 sword play would make this game less waggly. If anything, perfect motion control would only make waggling MORE effective, as now you can just do really quick shakes and your character would be pretty much a meta-knight. Can you say broken?

Top Bottom