• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

SloT

Smash Journeyman
He said he's only at 50% ;; But, sAviOr[gm] is a beast, and he 2-0 Boxer, before he left for the army. Savior is #1 kespa, Before falling to #2 for a day or so... But still, he's a beast.. how CJ lost as a team in the last major tournament is still puzzling me...
CJ Savior FTW~!
oh and i'm not SloT on sc... I'm CtrLZerG, you might of seen some guy named SL07, who i've seen around and talked too... but thats about it.

Also, karshkin, I Don't play those UMS Games. I Find them really pervy and weird... The most UMS games i play are Nexus D and Micro games. i stick to melee, and not the Fastest Maps, the real melee maps. Sure, i play with tons of koreans, but i have a few friends who are A / A+ PGT. Come to Op 7Fam- sometime, the members are: LzGaMeR, gRaDe, aKiY, CtrLZerG, HuNtAh, Misty_Lime, Stone[Name], Busan[3.33]
and that's all i can think of right now >.<

Maybe somebody has heard of these members?

_kSo_

Smash Master
What Race do you Main? :: toss
What Maps do you play? :: all
Do you play Online? :: yes
If you play online, would you like to share your Battle.net acc? :: Kso4351]FK[
What server do you play on? :: USA west
Are you part of a team / Clan? :: Clan Fallen Knights

play me. i dare you

SloT

Smash Journeyman
hey Kso, i have you added on my f-list (lol...) so when you see me talking, maybe we can 1v1 or something o_o

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Race: zerg
Maps: mostly fastest
Online?: yes
s/n: ScaryMunky on west, Pirahna_Peach on east.
server: east and west
clan?: no

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
Race- The Zerg and the terran
Maps-I'm a snipers fan, and lazer tag. I play a lot of UMS, and any of the reg maps (you know, the ones that are actually build n fight, no time changes and stuff)
Online-Allmost everydday since 6th grade (i'm in 10th)
ACC-urban_shinobi(current), if you've seen me, I may have been pengu(Cc) or cAptaIn_iNsAno
Server-West
Clan- I used to be part of chaotic carnage. thinking of starting a ninja clan though

phantasm42

Smash Rookie
I used to play a lot. Not as much on the internet but I usually mained with the protoss. The only exception is with noobs. The zerg are best for them cause they usually spend forever building their base so I just built a million zerglings and trashed them.

ronin899

Smash Cadet
I actually just re installed this on my comp last night lol. I used to play a ton, but I can't anymore. I don't have internet on my comp and my mom's comp is too crappy to play it. I mainly use zerg.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Who here plays Starcraft? - Yup
What Race do you Main? - Zerg, I used to play Terran but now I hate them, I play an alright Toss.
What Maps do you play? - I used to play FMP but I stopped and I play regular games such as (Lost Temple, Blood Bath, Big Game Hunters etc.)
Do you play Online? - Yup.
If you play online, would you like to share your Battle.net acc? - Yes.
What server do you play on? :: The first one.
Are you part of a team / Clan? - I've been part of several clans but I quit all of them due to inactivitiy and other private reasons.

Hey if anyone wants to host a SWF Starcraft tournament I'd be more than happy to join!!!!

And btw my bnet account is: Infested_X
I'm well known on bnet and I bet I've played with a few of you before.

BigJoy

Smash Rookie
I'm glad to see so much StarCraft players here. I'm protoss, Santa_toss on europe battle.net. 40/25 stats, 120+ APM. My favorite map iz WCG-Azelea :)

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... Infested_X... I heard that before :) Oh and btw everyone, a friend of mine (YES he his the awesome ) Got me into a gosu team. I'm NsG.cOntrOl now. Now i'd like to say 1 more thing about this friend of mine.

GOGO NsG.aKiY! <3
Hmmm....Also, i hate Reverse LoTem now do to a friend of mine who kept beating me off race... But he's cool and good, maybe, since you are probably better then me, i could get you a game with LzGaMeR, Infested_X. He's cool guy and is <3

_kSo_

Smash Master
Does anyone here know where to find a Fastest Possible Map with just the 4 corners (top, bottom, left and right are just gone)?

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
no such thing, all fastest maps have 8 spots. you'd have to make one urself,, or find a fake copy that has been remade

Ktk

Smash Rookie
eww fastest possible... Play Luna or Ride of Valkyrie... So fun owning people 1 minute into the game with an SCV and a marine. =x I should show you my replay;

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No offense but FMP is for noobs. They basically give you alot of resources which you can blow on huge armies. It requires so skill to build a huge army with basically 'unlimited' resources. And again, no offense.

And yeah im pretty famous on Starcraft. I've been part of some clans but i left them. I was also ranked #775 on the ladder before blizzard removed it in the 1.14 patch.

And sure I'll start playing starcraft again if we can get enough people.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
FMP was for noobs. now that some experience player paly on it, i hardly see the maps anymore. i love the sneak ling overrun a few minutes into games. catches noobs off gaurd. Then they made up No Rush. Bull****. I played no rush for one time, and everyother time i rushed like hell. you tell a noob on fastest if you can worker rush them, and win

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I for one, support rushing (4-6 zergling rush kekekekekek ^_^).
FMP are ideal for backstabbing which I do and enjoy. I only bs noobs to tell them that free wins are not the way to go.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yes, we should play Starcraft one day and bs some noobs inside some "7V1 COMP STOMP!!!1111!ONE222TWENTY" games.

And honor is over rated. :)

Ktk

Smash Rookie
nice. 700's. I can't get on the Ladder rankings because:

a ) No one plays it
b ) Hackers
c ) People who have bots which have 9999 ranking. Wtf is that for anyways?
d ) I used to have a ranking but I don't remember. 8xx maybe.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
if u wanna play on a ranking play WGT. SC ladder has been completely useless for years no need to even think about it anymore. Im starting to pick this game up again, trying to learn a new race cause Z suck!!!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No Zerg are good, i used to play terran but i switched to zerg recently. They are good for rushing and creating huge armies. =)

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
the zerg have the best overall build speed, units and builings. if you get the right combo of units, you'll have power on your side as well. Best for use agianst ground protoss players.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I was being sarcastic, Ive been playing Z for awhile and I know they are a good race. Just somethings I noticed about your two posts that were wrong ^_^.

Most people consider Z to be good rushing race because everyone for some reason knows the standered 9pool build. In all seriousness 9pools at best are used to as an early harass strat and will never actually win you a match unless you get lucky and catch a P or T FE'ing. Also, all races are good at creating large army's its just Z can replace lost units more quickly.

Overall Z probably have the best ability to move around and expo. T easily have the best buildings with there ability to lift and repair extremely quickly. Unit wise thats arguable between every race, no race has better units then the other because each unit was specifically made to handle certain situations. (Siege tanks are still cheap though :p) Z are good against any race it just depends on how good the player is. (All P's play ground protoss against Z's their air game just isn't practical to use in matches)

SloT

Smash Journeyman
heh.. i haven't really been on lately, but YES! come and msg me. add me please :O!
I've also sorta been offracing recently because im sick and i dont want to try.. T.T
but yet...

Anyone know anybody who has achieved 500 APM in a 10 min game without doing
Ctrl+# and then holding the #... i do.. NsG.aKiY F T W!!
infact.. all of United States of America - B Team F T W!

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
Oh man I hadn't played SC in a long time. I used to use terran and rush marines cuz they kick *** in the beginning. But than I quit the game when it got hacked. I seldom play now.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If anyone wants to play Starcraft one day with me, post here telling me your sn and I'll add you.

I only rush on small maps because it's effective on small maps.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
hmmm... i haven't played much lately.. hehe o_o but oh well, in europe: aSk.iNkO
btw. aSk 3-2 BringiT, and guess what, BringiT BMs us saying we cheated and that we are smurf team! WTF? ... - -; well it angers me... BringiT = newb team that bms ;;

SloT

Smash Journeyman
um ... maybe? idk... we were planning on playing a few games, and it never happened so.. idk o.o

Oh and guess what? BringiT said i was BMing them, even though i didnt bm, and apologized for another person in team for BMing them a bit after we won and they started Cussing and crap...

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
I just got kinda interested in SC lately, watching all those 'Pimpest Plays' makes me want to play it! Is there a place where i can learn how to play or learn the terminology/strats and stuff?

terran ftw XP

SloT

Smash Journeyman
I am officially spending time reviving this thread and providing updates!
New account: NaSo
I play brainclan server, a mostly korean server
Brainclan account: ]iNTL[_NaSo
Channels you can play in:
Op TL-West
Op SoulnG-
Op Nal
Op SaSin
Op [GM]
Op 3.33-
Op ArnC-
Op Nameclan
Op S.G-
Op S.O-
Op G.S-
Op fOn
Op fOu-
Op GsP ... and Marlboro, but i do not recomend that one since its mostly BGH..
i will provide updates in the future when i can think of more channels... i memorized them from the top of my head.. so, sorry if i forgot any.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Information taken from http://blizzard.com/

April 25, 2007
StarCraft Patch 1.15
We will be releasing Patch 1.15 for StarCraft within the next few weeks. This patch introduces new functionality to Battle.net that allows players to organize and join custom StarCraft leagues. These leagues support stat-tracking, custom icons, and replay uploading, among other features. Check out the StarCraft LDK page for more information.

And also Blizzard is expected to release a new title on May 18th at South Korea!
Don't believe me check this link out or read it here!

"TeamLiquid has apparently translated a post from a Korean website which claims that "according to the game developers," Blizzard will announce Starcraft 2 at Blizzard's World Wide Invitational (WWI) to be held in South Korea. If you've paid any attention to Korea and Starcraft you'll know it's no joke over there. Our "hardcore" gets air quotes compared to Korea's hardcore, which should actually have just been written in all caps, bolded and italicized. Although we have absolutely no idea about the legitimacy of this Starcraft 2 information, we do know that there is a megaton announcement planned around May 19.

Speaking with Joystiq, Blizzard wouldn't confirm Starcraft 2, but said they are planning on making a huge announcement at the WWI. Starcraft 2 had previously been hinted by Blizzard's VP of business development. Obviously announcing Starcraft 2 in Korea is only appropriate, as matches are held in stadiums, carried on television and are practically a national sport. This way, Blizzard can announce the next WoW expansion at min-E3 and then save the Diablo 3 announcement for BlizzCon. So if sometime around May 19 you suddenly feel a disturbance in the force and millions of people screaming, that's just South Korea imploding from the news that Starcraft 2 is coming."

It could be anything! Diablo 3? New WoW expansion (yeah i know they released a new expansion recently but more expansions means more money!), Lost Vikings, World Of Starcraft/Universe Of Starcraft or Starcraft 2!

Discuss.

Top Bottom