• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starting roster already revealed (SamuraiPanda's Conspiracy Theoracy) [Final Update]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Heh.....Kirby isn't special enough at all to be an unlockable. Sorry, once he lost his mojo from his crossover from Smash 64 to Melee made this as such.

And I wouldn't complain if the roster consisted of 35 at the very least. That is, if they are actual good characters.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yeah but i'm pretty sure snake's a starter as he was shown on the very first video.
You realize that Sakurai stated this AFTER the trailer was debuted?

Most likely, all 3rd Party guests will remain unlockables. It does seem to sit better that way. Sure it would be cool to be able to pick up Sonic or Snake or... *cough*Megaman*cough*... whoever else makes the cut right off the bat, but I think I might rather see them hidden just a little bit.

RedLink555

Smash Cadet
i made a thread about this not too long ago, but people yelled and flamed me while they praise and respect you.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
But for the first video for melee it only showed characters that were starters.
Melee and Brawl are two totally different games.

What Sakurai did 6 years ago for Melee may not be the same methods that he's taking for Brawl.

Also, take note that Melee was rushed for the GC's release. Brawl has been in tedious development for over 3 years now with a innumerous staff and has already been delayed once (that we, the public, know of.)

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Melee and Brawl are two totally different games.

What Sakurai did 6 years ago for Melee may not be the same methods that he's taking for Brawl.

Also, take note that Melee was rushed for the GC's release. Brawl has been in tedious development for over 3 years now with a innumerous staff and has already been delayed once (that we, the public, know of.)
...they're not totally different stupid the only thing different is that everything has co-op and there's a story mode.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Not to mention online and a crap load of other things. It is a new game people and there's no specific tradition.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
i made a thread about this not too long ago, but people yelled and flamed me while they praise and respect you.
Those people are called suck ups. There a some members on the board who brown nose the mods (or try to). I assume some agree to get fictional brownie points. You can tell this by the first reply.

Anyway, he posted this "theoracy" as a possibility.
That's what I thought too, but he did say this
But I think that the majority of the facts prove that it may indeed be close to the final starting roster, if not the actual one.
Also loves how he calls them "facts".

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
In Melee 36 percent of the chars were unlockable, if in brawl we had 40 characters and 25 were starters 37.5 percent would be unlockable, those numbers are pretty close, I think it would be like that, but the number of starters would increase based on the number of total chars.

Me, myself, I'm pretty sure that all the chars announced and to be announced on the Dojo are starters, even though he said having the unlockables a secret was somewhat pointless, because of the Internet anyone who wanted to know would, but I think he also knows that some people will restrain themselves and wait, and those people still want to be able to check the dojo for updates, and like he said he may be the first to reveal the complete roster, but doesnt necessarily mean on the Dojo.

Also, think of the event mode. The very first event, which was already revealed, is DeDeDe and Bowser vs Mario. Beat that and you unlock DeDeDe.
I kind of see a flaw with this now that today's update was revealed. Assuming you don't have to do the Events in strict order (as was the way in Melee), you could do Event #3 in co-op mode with King Dedede before playing Even #1 in single-player mode, where you presumably unlock him.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Those people are called suck ups. There a some members on the board who brown nose the mods (or try to). I assume some agree to get fictional brownie points. You can tell this by the first reply.

That's what I thought too, but he did say this

Also loves how he calls them "facts".
Well, in that case, I don't have a comment. lol.

I think he meant "facts" as in all of the details that he pointed out. Not actually facts... but then again, I still don't think he needed to point this out like this.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I kind of see a flaw with this now that today's update was revealed. Assuming you don't have to do the Events in strict order (as was the way in Melee), you could do Event #3 in co-op mode with Kind Dedede before playing Even #1 in single-player mode, where you presumably unlock him.
Hmm...There's a good observation. IMO the only possible way these characters will be unlockable is if Event Match mode itself is unlockable and we unlock Dedede and Poke trainer through SSE.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Hmm...There's a good observation. IMO the only possible way these characters will be unlockable is if Event Match mode itself is unlockable and we unlock Dedede and Poke trainer through SSE.
That actually makes a good deal of sense, considering Dedede is available for the first event. Perhaps you must unlock every character before getting event mode? Maybe a little much...

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
Is no one else skeptical about the LACK of organization in the screenshot? (If so i'm sorry, 40+ pages is too much to read)

Melee had everyone organized by game/clone. From Dr. Mario to Donkey Kong was Mario characters. All the Zelda characters were to the right, Pokemon were on the bottom left (pichu, pikachu, Puff, M2) If two characters were in the same series, they were either directly linked adjacently, or through ANOTHER character in the series. No character was isolated.

Why isn't Donkey Kong paired with Diddy Kong? Even worse, why is Mario ACROSS THE ROSTER from Yoshi?!

-----------------

BTW i'm not saying the above argument DISPROVES this roster proposal, just that its strange.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Is no one else skeptical about the LACK of organization in the screenshot? (If so i'm sorry, 40+ pages is too much to read)

Melee had everyone organized by game/clone. From Dr. Mario to Donkey Kong was Mario characters. All the Zelda characters were to the right, Pokemon were on the bottom left (pichu, pikachu, Puff, M2) If two characters were in the same series, they were either directly linked adjacently, or through ANOTHER character in the series. No character was isolated.

Why isn't Donkey Kong paired with Diddy Kong? Even worse, why is Mario ACROSS THE ROSTER from Yoshi?!

-----------------

BTW i'm not saying the above argument DISPROVES this roster proposal, just that its strange.
This.

Sonic is a secret character, too many things don't add up. Sakurai mentioned "putting Sonic in was a problem" when he announced E4All. It's also been previously stated that 3rd party guests will be unlockable.

Put simply, if Sonic was a starter character, he'd be on the box art. That would be a given wouldn't it? I mean the game would do twice as well commercially if Sonic was on the cover, infact, if he was a starter, it would be simply stupid to not have him on the cover. Infact, I'm still surprised he's not on the cover even considering his character status!

Put simply, Sonic is not a starter, so this whole theory doesn't really work, as well as the organisation mentioned in the first post. BOth SSB64 and Melee were organised in a nice way, it makes no sense that Mario is in the top left, but Bowser is at the bottom, with 2 other slots. Sonic, and random. I mean COME ON. If that's organisation it's the worst I've ever seen.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Another thing that makes me think this is all wrong is the fact it has "conspiracy" in the title? Why? Because Sakurai is not trying to mislead us or feed us false information. In fact, that would be stupid. He's simply not telling us things that he feels should be kept secret. It's not some evil plan behind locked doors to make us think somethings up. They'll tell us the starter roster when they feel they're ready.

Del Money

Smash Champion
...they're not totally different stupid the only thing different is that everything has co-op and there's a story mode.
Did you SERIOUSLY just ****ing write that? Good God, where the hell is Dyce when you need him...?
Yea, say that to any fan of Smash with half a brain.

Oh, and f**k you.
Oh...there he is...

Another thing that makes me think this is all wrong is the fact it has "conspiracy" in the title? Why? Because Sakurai is not trying to mislead us or feed us false information. In fact, that would be stupid. He's simply not telling us things that he feels should be kept secret. It's not some evil plan behind locked doors to make us think somethings up. They'll tell us the starter roster when they feel they're ready.
You're blowing **** out of proportion. The "theoracy" is one man's opinion...an opinion he stated several times that he hopes is not even true nor was he claiming it is true. He made a logical and sound argument for it...something that most posters on these boards are mentally incapable of doing.

Now for a little Kanye:
I go for mine....I gots to shine....Now throw your hands up in the sky-yy!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And don't be stuck up because you thinki you're right.

Seriously, stop the bickering like 6 year olds, all of you.

And I know if I was Sakurai, I would have shown Snake in the first trailer, unlockable or not. The hype generated is astounding, for the lovers of Snake and the Metal Gear series, and for anyone who's ever liked a 3rd party character (and with all the Brawl threads, there's a lot of you)

He'd be nuts to keep it a secret.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Whatever. I'm pretty sure this won't be the starting roster of obvious reasons.
I don't really think it's obvious. Snake and Sonic may or may not be starters. We've seen no evidence that they will be.

Similarly, we've seen no evidence that they WON'T be, either. I think in SamuraiPanda's translation thread, it says that Sakurai said something about the 3rd party characters being more fitting for unlockables, to make them feel like "guests", but that was a *real* long time ago.

As for the other characters, if we make the assumption that characters in the early events are starters, then most of them will be exactly that. In Melee, there wasn't an unlockable character in the event matches until #29, which was to unlock Ganondorf. The entire event revolved around beating Ganondorf, as well. I see no reason not to think these trends will continue in Brawl.

The only characters we can't really say for sure are Sonic and Snake.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Every 1st and 2nd party character confirmed is a starter, Sonic will be secret...but snake could go either way.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
I think that SamuraiPanda's Conspiracy Thearacy has a lot of logic behind it. I personally wouldn't mind if this was the starting roster. As long as the characters I want are in I could careless. I always enjoyed unlocking characters anyways.

jlorde34@yahoo.com

Smash Apprentice
the whole box Art and demo screen thing doesnt match or connect at all. first of all where is ike on the box art. he is not on the box art but he is on the demo screen. i seriously doubt that that demo is the starters at all. I think tradition will continue with the starters being the boxart characters, because if a noob was to buy the game he would be expecting to play with the characters on the box right away. I agree with panda's metaknight theory 100% because he is a coo a** player and he draws in a whole nother fan base himself.

so with that being said the ones on the box is the starters. zelda will be the very first one everyone unlocks because of the SSE.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I just finished my finals, so sometime today or tomorrow I'll finally be able to update the first post.

I think I'm going to restructure it due to the mass amounts of people not reading the entire first post before posting, i.e.

And also, I think after I update the first post and leave it there for a few days, I may just lock the thread. I wrote this thread as a light-hearted way of saying, "don't rule out the possibility of this roster being the starting roster just because we saw the same character lineup in the demo." I don't see the need to constantly debate with people about it, nor do I see the need for people to resort to ad hominem arguments. This thread is becoming a cesspool of bickering and, oddly enough, anti-moderator hating. If the trend doesn't change after I update the post, then I see no reason to keep it open.

And frankly, I don't care at all what the starting roster will be, because I will set to unlocking characters ASAP. The only impact the starting roster ever had on me was who I chose to beat adventure mode for the first time with, but since SSE chooses for us, there is no reason why I would care about who is in the starting roster.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
anyone on the dojo who is not 3rd party is a starter. end of story.

I called it panda when the game comes out and blows away all of these... speculations.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
It's the starting roster because we don't have another, true off the dojo character selection screen. He revealed the starting roster, knowing people weren't able to record at E for all.

Your probably thinking those are just the characters put together for the demo only and can change when the game is released. Maybe but I'm not getting my hopes up

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I just finished my finals, so sometime today or tomorrow I'll finally be able to update the first post.

I think I'm going to restructure it due to the mass amounts of people not reading the entire first post before posting, i.e.
Add a TL;DR. If a post is long, people wont always read the first post.

And also, I think after I update the first post and leave it there for a few days, I may just lock the thread. I wrote this thread as a light-hearted way of saying, "don't rule out the possibility of this roster being the starting roster just because we saw the same character lineup in the demo."
That's funny
But I think that the majority of the facts prove that it may indeed be close to the final starting roster, if not the actual one.
Alsop, I missed the facts.

I don't see the need to constantly debate with people about it, nor do I see the need for people to resort to ad hominem arguments. This thread is becoming a cesspool of bickering and, oddly enough, anti-moderator hating. If the trend doesn't change after I update the post, then I see no reason to keep it open.
First of all, if your going to make something controversial, be prepared to take slack. Not to mention the topic names just says "Come on and give your criticism and comments". It seems from your post that you didn't understand that this would cause debate.

This was going to cause debate, but at the same time, it seems you don't want debate. The argument is void of any facts, uses coincidences, useless items (that do nothing and are more rabbling), and makes too many claims that it thinks are right without flaw. It is probably one of the worst arguments I've ever seen. Nsiders do better then this. But this is part of the problem. You state these like facts and with a topic that would have drawn attention either way, it creates this.

It was the bad argument and the fact it would have drawn attention either way that caused this. I doubt editing the first post will help. There isn't much else to say. Remember this: That if your going to make a big ol' theory, make sure you A)prepare for backlash and B)make sure it's sound (this one was not).

EDIT: If you going to make an argument make sure you are prepared to ARGUE your point. Saying "I don't see the need to continuously debate this" shows you shouldn't have made this in the first place. If that's the mentality you have then you have no place to be in an argument. You don't just make something like this and expect people to shower you with praise. You best be ready to back up your opinion. And from your last post, it doesn't look like that was your intention.

It's harsh, but this is the impression you give. If you don't see a point in debating it then why did you make it in the first place?

Xanderous

Smash Lord
It's the starting roster because we don't have another, true off the dojo character selection screen. He revealed the starting roster, knowing people weren't able to record at E for all.

Your probably thinking those are just the characters put together for the demo only and can change when the game is released. Maybe but I'm not getting my hopes up
You play as Kirby in the first event match. Theoracy disproven.

bobadz

Smash Ace

That's funny

Alsop, I missed the facts.

First of all, if your going to make something controversial, be prepared to take slack. Not to mention the topic names just says "Come on and give your criticism and comments". It seems from your post that you didn't understand that this would cause debate.

This was going to cause debate, but at the same time, it seems you don't want debate. The argument is void of any facts, uses coincidences, useless items (that do nothing and are more rabbling), and makes too many claims that it thinks are right without flaw. It is probably one of the worst arguments I've ever seen. Nsiders do better then this. But this is part of the problem. You state these like facts and with a topic that would have drawn attention either way, it creates this.

It was the bad argument and the fact it would have drawn attention either way that caused this. I doubt editing the first post will help. There isn't much else to say. Remember this: That if your going to make a big ol' theory, make sure you A)prepare for backlash and B)make sure it's sound (this one was not).

EDIT: If you going to make an argument make sure you are prepared to ARGUE your point. Saying "I don't see the need to continuously debate this" shows you shouldn't have made this in the first place. If that's the mentality you have then you have no place to be in an argument. You don't just make something like this and expect people to shower you with praise. You best be ready to back up your opinion. And from your last post, it doesn't look like that was your intention.

It's harsh, but this is the impression you give. If you don't see a point in debating it then why did you make it in the first place?
are you a troll or something?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Anyone who doesn't read the first post of a thread really has no business posting in it.
Panda CLEARLY repeated himself several times within the thread as well as the SMYN Podcast that it's an opinion and NOT somthing he believes is ABSOLUTELY true and not something he even WANTS to be true. So attacking him like he's stating facts is just demonstrating your own ignorance.
You state these like facts and with a topic that would have drawn attention either way, it creates this.
It's called an argument and the facts he's stated are written in HyperText on the ****ing DOJO or are in plain YouTube video format, courtesy of those who actually went to E4All. This is why it's a good idea to actually pay attention.

@Panda
I recommend not even bothering anymore with this thread. Some of the posters apparently have their readin glasses shoved up their ***.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Anyone who doesn't read the first post of a thread really has no business posting in it.
Yeah, that's good in theory, but it's going to happen either way.
Panda CLEARLY repeated himself several times within the thread as well as the SMYN Podcast that it's an opinion and NOT somthing he believes is ABSOLUTELY true and not something he even WANTS to be true. So attacking him like he's stating facts is just demonstrating your own ignorance.

If your going to formulate in opinion, call it a theory and then not argue it because you don't believe in it then you need not be making theories, or arguing in general. There are a lot of people who debate sides they don't agree with. While it does help them see the other side, they still argue it even though they don't believe in it. If he is taking the time to make it then he should at least defend it. You don't make these then just sit back. It probably also proves how underdeveloped it is. If he is going to make people see another side, he better **** well argue it.

Otherwise, what was the point?

It's called an argument and the facts he's stated are written in HyperText on the ****ing DOJO or are in plain YouTube video format, courtesy of those who actually went to E4All. This is why it's a good idea to actually pay attention.
Yeah, the 1% of the entire post. The rest was useless speculation. Th only two fact in the entire post was the quote from the dojo and a screenshot. Neither really made his argument and none came from Youtube. In other words: gg

It being an argument has no difference. A good argument takes facts and tries to formulate them as an opinion. Panda has the opinion part right, but also forgot that you can't leave holes. This argument was about as solid as a piece of swiss cheese. There were two facts and lots of speculation, and speculation that wasn't tied very well. There were plenty of items in it that extraneous information. It was not a solid argument. This helped bring the slack.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
anyone on the dojo who is not 3rd party is a starter. end of story.

I called it panda when the game comes out and blows away all of these... speculations.
There is absolutely nothing to support that. (Not talking about the third party thing, but Sakurai's not always right.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom