• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starting Vs. Melee in Survival Mode?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is it possible to integrate 4-stock survival melee as the vs. mode default from bootup? I have not the slightest clue as to how this could be done. Maybe in a similar fashion to having debug menu replace tournament melee?

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
someone asked this in another thread... i think he got an answer... but i dont remember which thread... ill try and find it

nuro

Smash Lord
Doesn't seem like the question was ever answered.

The only way we will ever achieve 4 stocks is to mess around in a hex editor. The only question is what file would contain the information that pertains to time/stocks/bonus.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
The best way to go about figuring out things is to look at how the information is stored in Brawl. Any Brawl hackers willing to chime in? Magus/standardtoaster?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I mean their is always the hacked melee version with textures and 4 stock default system.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I mean their is always the hacked melee version with textures and 4 stock default system.
wtf are you talking about....
the hacked version doesnt have a default 4 stock system

sinji sometimes i think you just post to increase your post count :glare:

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
well lets decide if the file starts with 'db' 'gm' 'if' 'ir' 'lb' 'mn' 'nt' 'pd' 'sd' 'sm' 'tm' 'vi' or something else. its probably one of those. i guess we could just try replacing all the hex with zeros until the game freezes when you start vs or try to change the mode.

it could even be in the .dol for all i know. &&systemdata sounds promising

nube

Smash Apprentice
@deku: You can probably rule out these: db, lb, nt, pd, sm, tm, vi

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
yah i was looking in the dol close to the right area but i never would have gotten it. i did however find out how to set the wrong song as the intro haha. look at and before 003b9900-490. i'd be cool if i could make it so yoshi's story had an alternate song but that kind of information is somewhere else (probably in the dol)

Top Bottom