• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stay for Breakfast: Game and Watch Interview Thread; Current: Questions for Hylian

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
having everyone revote seems like meh=/
but zac just disappeared lol

ima vote for hebrew hammer

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I nominate just being patient.
Seriously guys, do something else while you wait for Zac lol. Just because it's been a few days doesn't mean you need to jump straight into a new person.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Do you know when Zac will be back, Escalator? O: I guess if people honestly want to wait that's fine by me. People start posting your questions and I'll just organize them for once Zac gets here then post them! So please do that!!

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lets wait till monday, then we revote,sound good?

my question will be
What's your top 5 G&W?:o

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Ok, I think we should do this; once it hits Monday, and if Zac STILL hasn't gotten back, we should move onto somebody else. However, all the questions asked already will be set aside for UTD whack, and whoever is voted to start on monday (assuming zac didnt get back) gets a whole new set of questions.

If you guys wanna do this, then we may as well start voting now to find out who does it on Monday.

So uh I guess I'd be fine with Penta if Zac doesn't show up!

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
OP updated. Keep the questions rolling!
I'll contribute to the slowness. XP

1. What is your opinion on utilt?
2. If you had to choose a good secondary, who would it be?
3. What is your favorite genre of music and why?
4. Do you think there's more to do with GnW or have we discovered everything?
5. Who is your favorite person to team with and why?
6. When did you start placing well in tournaments? Was it hard getting there?
7. Can you cook like Game and Watch?
8. What is your favorite hobby?
9. Do you have a girl friend? If so, how is she like?
10. Does your family support your competitive scene?

There are some! People can think of some as well. C'mon, guys!!

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
1.What's your top 5 G&W?:o
2.how much have you won in tourneys overall?
3.What's the secret to teams with G&W?
4.What do you think is G&W's worst MU
5.Have you looked up to Hylian like all of us have?D;< LOL

=pthats all for me

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
11.What's your top 5 G&W?:o
12.how much have you won in tourneys overall?
13.What's the secret to teams with G&W?
14.What do you think is G&W's worst MU
15.Have you looked up to Hylian like all of us have?D;< LOL
16.What are your favorite moves of each category? What are, in your opinion, the BEST moves of each category? Examples would be Tilts (this includes jab and dash attack), Smashes, Aerials, and B moves.
Pretty much, which are your favorite moves as far as moves go, and how does this correspond with which moves are actually the best, in your eyes.
17.Do you think GnW can be highered on the tier list,?
18.Do you think the problem with GnW players not doing well is because they are being to predictable or because the lack of GnW players?
19.What move is your best K.O. move?
20.What matchup do you hate the most?
21.Why do you love shiba puppies soo much?
22.Zac, why are you so sexy?
23.What was up with Cyan GW for so long man? There is only one GW and that's Default black. The other colors are OK though, but yellow and Cyan and the FAIL GWs.
24.How do you beat marth?
25.Why do you use GnW papa Zac
26.How often, zac, do you travel out of state? Also, do you plan on coming to Florida for mlg or any other tournies in the near future?
27.Also, what's your favorite dish?
28.serious question to Zac: is GAW only a doubles character, or can he enter singles and be good? i REALLY wanna know ur opinion on this.
29. u really keeping count of all those 9's on ur profile?

edit: seems Today will pick out the questions so we'll wait until she's ready:o
i still organized em for everyone incase anyone wants to see xP

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Yeap! Thanks! No need to use all 29! It's too bad that we didn't get more from other people and only a few but that's okay! XP But Zac isn't here yet so we're still in waiting mode..

Edit: Still would like more questions from people, though~! O: I know there are more GnWers out there!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Ok I'm back from vacation finally. Sorry I was gone guys =(

Anyway, I think this thread is a really cool idea. I haven't read through the whole thing yet, about it. If you could organize all the questions I need to answer into one post that would make it easier for me.

It's not good period. I've tried using it, yes, but it just sucks. SH nair is better imo.

MK, duh. Self-explanatory

I don't really have one favorite. I like classical and this stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNHAFT--EGo

I think there might be something out there with regards to the bucket or parachute. That and you guys obviously haven't discovered the secret to getting 9s whenever you want.

Dojo or DMG, simply because they do what I tell them to do. That's how G&W shines in teams, gotta yell ;) Oh... and MK is G&W's best teammate.

1.5 years ago. It was hard. I played in the first brawl tournament shortly after the game came out. I was going to use my favorite character the whole tournament (DDD) except for the matchups where I couldn't chain-grab (those i used G&W).... turns out I had to use G&W the whole time lol and won $180 because of a judgment last game of grand finals. Then I took a break over the summer. When I came back all my friends kept beating me. I couldnt figure out how to kill anyone for like 2-3 months. Then it finally clicked and I became really good. It's all in the mindgames.

I wish. I can make eggs though

Speed runs through games. I like the challenge of beating things faster than thought possible. I just recently did a speed run through Heart Gold using only my starter pokemon. Beat Red after getting 16 badges and a level 73 water starter... toook 14hrs.

Nope.

Yup. I tell them about how well I do at tourneys and that I place super high in doubles. Heck, my mom even bought me an inflatable mattress cause I travel so much.

11. What's your top 5 G&W?:o
I dont understand the question. But, in no particular order: PGN, Kaak, NoJ, Valdens

12. how much have you won in tourneys overall?
Probably like... $2000-$2500

13. What's the secret to teams with G&W?
You control what happens. You have to always be telling your teammate what to do.

14. What do you think is G&W's worst MU
MK or Marth, especially if their SDI is good.

15. Have you looked up to Hylian like all of us have?D;< LOL
Hylian was the reason I got so good. Besides stealing a bunch of tricks from him when I first started, I focused on one goal... to outplace Hylian as the best G&W in Texas (cause i thought he wasnt a good G&W... he played him wrong).

16. What are your favorite moves of each category? What are, in your opinion, the BEST moves of each category? Examples would be Tilts (this includes jab and dash attack), Smashes, Aerials, and B moves.
Pretty much, which are your favorite moves as far as moves go, and how does this correspond with which moves are actually the best, in your eyes.

Best Tilt: Dtilt by far. Good spacing. Good knockback. Good range.
Best Smash: Dsmash. It's the fastest smash with huge range. The sourspot randomly gimps characters.
Best Aerial: Bair. If G&W didn't have this, he wouldn't be able to beast so many lower tier characters. Other than this, I think it's a tie between Nair (high-priority, high damage) or Dair (air tricks, long hitbox)
Best B move: UpB Who am I kidding, judgment. =D

17. Do you think GnW can be highered on the tier list,?
Not really, there's a reason not many people play him... =(

18. Do you think the problem with GnW players not doing well is because they are being to predictable or because the lack of GnW players?
Because they are being predictable.

19. What move is your best K.O. move?
This is obvious =P But, I think my best smash kill move would have to be dsmash.

20. What matchup do you hate the most?
Gay MK players.

21. Why do you love shiba puppies soo much?
http://www.ustream.tv/sfshiba

22. Zac, why are you so sexy?
It happens ;)

23. What was up with Cyan GW for so long man? There is only one GW and that's Default black. The other colors are OK though, but yellow and Cyan and the FAIL GWs.
I loved using the Cyan color because it was still is really hard to tell when the character airdodges or has invincibility frames. Also, it's pretty much impossible to tell if he has a bucket or not (even I dont know sometimes).

24. How do you beat marth?
Spaced Bair Conditioning.

25. Why do you use GnW papa Zac
He's so much fun. G&W has more tricks up his sleeve than any other character. Seriously, what character has a huge windbox like him? or powerful smashes? or random KOs? OR TURDLES!

26. How often, zac, do you travel out of state? Also, do you plan on coming to Florida for mlg or any other tournies in the near future?
I used to travel out a lot, even to the point of flying to NJ once and Cali twice. I enjoyed it cause i made about as much money as i spent, thanks to doubles. I dont anymore, takes too much time. The only MLG I'll be at is MLG Dallas.

27. Also, what's your favorite dish?
Pasta. I love pasta =D

28. Serious question to Zac: is GAW only a doubles character, or can he enter singles and be good? i REALLY wanna know ur opinion on this.
G&W is easily the best character in doubles. In singles, however, just pick someone else. G&W is really fun to play in singles... if you just want to have fun and do decent. If you want to win tourneys consistently, then pick up another character. If you don't like this, then prove me wrong and out place me... I dare you =O

29. U really keeping count of all those 9's on ur profile?
Yes, that's an accurate count since 2 yrs ago. The Judgment List only includes judgments from tournament matches that killed. The judgment count under my name includes friendlies and MMs.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Yeah just saw that, updated my post with answers (fingers hurt).

If you guys want a few more days to ask more questions (since I was gone), go for it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Apparently I miscounted my winnings overall. I updated my post.

My major? Computer Science. I <3 it

And PX we've been through this, it meets all 3 criteria:
1 Tournament
2 Judgment
3 KO

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Oh wow! O: You're back and already answered them! I was going to send you a PM with everything and post them for you but this makes it easier on me I guess. o-ov! Thanks a bunch, by the way! I guess since you already answered them I guess there are no more need for anymore questions.
So guys, who are we voting next~?

Also fyi, once we decide the person questioning will go for a week. Once that week is over which I will announce I will organize them or if anyone wants to for me and I will send them through a PM and or AIM you to ask them personally myself to make it seem more like a live interview and make things a bit more interesting so I could add on as well. Pretty much don't answer the questions until I send them through. Hopefully the next person won't be on vacation or something. o-ov
So, anyhow.. who's next~?
We'll end voting on Thursday night.
Thanks guys and let's keep this up~

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Do me

I'm one of his favorite people. I get priority

Top Bottom