• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steam thread (TF2, L4D, CS) Steam Group on page 1

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
Account: Lord_Insizor

My display name is Viral. I have L4D, TF2 and CS:S (I don't play CS much anymore).

Zero

Smash Hero
Samus_User

But I don't really play, just add me for the novelty. :D Unless I'm forced to play TF2 or something.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Kizer313 - my brother's account that I use from time to time

I'm pretty sure the nick is Bala1522003, we copied our indian friend with a malay accent's other user on some other game. It's a hilarious generic user that people like to abuse in voice chat for some strange reason O_o

We only have L4D unfortunately =x

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'd say just SWF, not like there's going to be any americans on the Aus servers XD

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm gonna be on for about 3 hours tonight. If anyone's up for anything.
Also, lets make the tag »§wƒ| then. lol.

I'll change it to that and be a one man clan if I have to.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also, lets make the tag »§wƒ| then. lol.
ew

Shame I missed out last night, but was at Quetz's playing House of the Dead : Overkill and then caught watchmen.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Is that one worth investing money in? It hardly ever feels like I'm getting my money's worth out of a rail shooter, though, at least there's co-op play : D (I assume)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Has 2 player co-op, and 4 player minigames. I'd suggest renting before buying, but I quite enjoyed it. Very cheesy movie style :D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm quite stingy when it comes to games (these days lol). Think I want MadWorld. Definitely want Lost in Blue. Those two will probably come before house of the dead.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Melee spamming got nerfed for vs mode, which is aplus.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
my account is azhdaha, i play TF2 and L4D, CS if everyone else is. i havn't played recently though, to busy with school and the more depressing things in life.

unreon

Smash Ace
Super duper PC nub here.

Do I need to sign up with a credit card for Steam?
Can I play L4D with my brother over LAN without Steam?
Is L4D very spec-friendly (have a default HP Pavilion dv6345us Entertainment Notebook PC)? I think it should be, Valve aren't stupid devs.

Thanks in advance!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Steam is a free download, and I think included with Left 4 Dead. It's their copy-protection and online play/store system, which is rather good actually. You don't need a credit card to use steam, only if you want to purchase a game online (can also use paypal) and they've got demos and trailers you can get for free to boot.

You can play Left 4 Dead without steam, though to do so is technically illegal. You can however play Left 4 Dead offline LAN. Read this for a short and easy walkthrough.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081122124447AAEBcLH

System requirements

* CPU: 3.0GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 or AMD64X2 (or higher)
* RAM: 1 GB for XP / 2 GB for Vista
* Disc Drive: DVD-ROM Drive
* Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free space
* Video: DirectX 9 compatible video card (Video card must be 128 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9 compatible with support for pixel shader 2.0)
* Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Dekar289

Smash Hero
14 hours 13 minutes 49 seconds on lighthouse thanks to a glitch that i found and everyone uses ;)

Top Bottom