• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step Yo Game up Cleveland : >8/

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
sounds like how my life goes and I do fine aha.. I figure it causes thirst for the game so you play hardcore.. but tech skill is still needed so play lots of friendlies first! im excited me and ITT should do good
Brawl? Tech skill? Nonsense! :laugh:

Nah...I guess it's a liiiiittle tough to do the ICs chaingrabs in this game, kind of.

/troll

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
sounds like how my life goes and I do fine aha.. I figure it causes thirst for the game so you play hardcore.. but tech skill is still needed so play lots of friendlies first! im excited me and ITT should do good
Yeah, the tech skill is something I have neglected far too much in this game, and after having not played in so long, I was stunned at just how much worse it got when I played with Iskascribble a few weeks ago.
I need to get a hold of my Wiimote and do some practicing...

solecalibur

Smash Master
Hopefully zss boards will still accept this tounry I need to rise up in ranks as a zss
shoutouts when ever the thread comes up

btw champ and capem are a OU right now what a wonderful time to go home this weekend right?
nah jk still had a ton of fun

Revven

FrankerZ
I'll try and make it to the next one, I just didn't want to go because I had been burned out from going to places every weekend for the past 4-5 weeks, needed a weekend or more to myself @_@.

King~

Smash Champion
sooooo as some of you may or may not have heard jiffy's car got broken into while we where in new york

my laptop, Wii, and bag with my stuff in it was stolen(oddly they left my bag with my controllers). also my cousins brawl disc and suyons power converter(i should have this back to you at the end of the week). and tyrant and m2k had some stuff stolen as well.

soooo on a one time occasion im considering asking for a 5$ venue fee, if its ok with everyone i wont have it if no one likes/wants it. i just really need help now caause that was like 1100 worth of stuff taken.

i also wont be entering anything really for a while till most likely january, no wii+brawl disc leaves me with no way to practice. and i need all the money i can so i can get my stuff and get people they christmas gifts.

i hope you all can come

Count

Smash Champion
For ****s sake nobody complain about the five dollar venue fee.

King yoshi, I know I haven't talked to you much and you probably aren't real fond of me cause I play a bad matchup for your character (just kidding), but random people like me notice the stuff you do for the brawl community in general. You're definitely not asking too much for a five dollar venue fee. I was really sad to hear that this happened to you.

Anyway kind of a pointless post but just letting you know you have my support and hopefully the community as a whole can step it up and have your back.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Yoshi you can play in my tourneys coming up for free as a fellow TO for neoh and since i like you i gots your back and im all for the venue fee man its not easy being a TO let alone losing all your **** i will donate some of my venue too you in NOV i know what it feels like to lose ****

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Actually since m2k vidjo and i are hosting a tourney this weekend i will make him give a percentage of the tourney to you since you all were ****ed so i will hold it in your name YOSHI

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
**** man, that really sucks. Yeah, the venue fee is more than justified. (And forget about the 5 you owed me too.)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I heard about your troubles last weekend.... that sucks. I wish I could help you out but this is the same time as my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary and I have to be there to help set things up and DJ... sorry.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Sorry, I probably won't be able to attend man. It' s my mom's birthday on that day. I hope everyone supports the venue/donate.
Sorry King, it would be really nice if I can get that power converter by like thursday or something. If you don't know the price was 60 dollars. If you can't get it to me by thursday I understand. It's just right now my parents are really mad and I know you guys are sad and all.
Hope everything turns out for the better later.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah I read about what happened to you guys (out of all the people there which is suspicious to me) and that **** really sucks. What also sucked was that people from over in that region didn't seem to care one bit; they just said "Oh I heard the MW car got broken into last night, meh...". Well we got your back man, and the venue fee is no problem, go ahead and have one. I can also provide a ride for you to tournies throughout November if we happen to attend the same ones, and don't worry about gas money. We won't let you miss out on playing smash because of ignorant people over there; you've already lost enough.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yoshi, remind me before a circuit event if you show up and I'll pay your singles entry.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
There is no way that I am not showing up to this one.

*Cannot remember the last time I played smash.*

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I might show up to this. I'll have to see how I feel in a few days/weeks... <3 you all but I need a break. IDK how long the break will last though :p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll definitely try to go, but we'll have to see when the time comes. If I can't afford to go, I'll just give you $5 next time I see you instead.

I think I'm confirmed to go. Vincent is gonna drag me to this one. He doesn't want me taking a break for two months so we will see how things turn out.

Also King, I'm sorry about all that crap that happened in NY. I didn't know intill I read the last couple of pages. I kinda feel like a **** that I didn't say anything about it so sorry to hear about all of that. The venue fee is not a problem for me. 8D

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
May not go. Depends on whether or not I go to the winter dance at our school. If I don't make it to this one, I'll definitely try to get to the one in late Nov for Parma

solecalibur

Smash Master
Depends on if I can get a ride home from Athens around this time period my finals are done and I dont have school till january 5th ... so take note I provide rides!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Trust me, 2 month breaks suck...
I see it as a glimpse of freedom from the addictive crack that is being someone's "pot fodder" at every event. It's that bit of hope that keeps us coming back for more, kind of like those who play the lottery. :laugh:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll be practicing. Don't worry about that. I've been thinking new stuff for Marth and not to mention reading up a lot more on him so I plan to return with some new stuff in tack like always.
I've been practicing too, but with no one to practice with and just CPUs, it's not really much practice, and every time I play Wifail it pisses me off and seriously makes worse.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
^^^

I think we should meet somewhere.

But just two people kinda....sucks ._.

I've been practicing too, but with no one to practice with and just CPUs, it's not really much practice, and every time I play Wifail it pisses me off and seriously makes worse.
I still have Glov, Newbz, Xtacy, and KB to play against. We play atleast twice a week and possibly depending if I more free time or it's just a light week in general.

Alus - Two people practicing is what I primarily do. It gives you more time to train and also get a better feel for your character! It's some crappy advice but it's just a rough outline what you gain from just practicing with another person. Anything is better than a CPU. Brawl CPU...is just kinda dumb. They air dodge every time they are chucked in to the air so you pretty much know what they are going to each and every time you hit them.

Top Bottom