• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Still a possiblilty for Brawl DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
16 pages is too much to read through and it's probably all the same thing but seriously...

I just don't understand you guys sometimes. Over-analyzing Sakurai's words when he is being vague is one thing, but even when Sakurai finally gives you a FLAT, STRAIGHT answer: "no." People still try to find hidden meanings behind it.

Don't get me wrong here. I wanted DLC too, but this is not even a case of "intentionally leaving details out." He said clearly and plainly "no." There will not be any Downloadable Content for Brawl.
The thing is, Sakurai didn't say just "no". It wasn't a flat out answer.

spindash

Smash Ace
Cut the bull**** with calling people ***gots, including myself, Luke. Because I am getting sick and goddamm tired of how big of an ego you have. For Christ sakes, I've seen bad people, but you take the bloody cake. You're the kind of person that just has to take on the entire world, or try to make yourself out to be some god. I never thought it would happen. But you've actually, genuinely, pissed me off.

I've had enough of you. Your points in regards to Lucario and Sonic? Absolute and pure filth. The most biased pieces of dog **** I have ever seen. You've only brought this upon yourself for even challenging people who know what the hell they are talking about. And I say, you deserve it. Educate.

Let's start with Sonic, shall we?

Video gaming has had an incredible impact on society. Possibly the greatest icon of them all, Mario, is one of the main icons to lead the world of video gaming and take the world by storm. In 1981, Shigeru Miyamoto created the video game classic, Donkey Kong; which was also the premier of Jumpman himself, who would later be renamed as the Mario that you all know and love today. In 1983, Mario Bros. was released starring the dynamic duo of Mario and Luigi in some fun sewer clean-up action, taking out Koopas, Spinys and more. In 1985, possibly one of the most legendary video games was released. Super Mario Bros.; it continues to be a best seller, even one of the most popular buys on the Virtual Console for the Nintendo Wii. Yes Mario has had a great run and he's not showing ANY signs of stopping anytime soon.

But why do I address Mario in my argument? Because in 1991, a hero would be born that would dare challenge the success of the portly plumber himself. Created by Yuji Naka, Naoto Ōshima & Hirokazu Yasuhara, SEGA's answer to Mario; true blue, the fastest thing alive.

Sonic the Hedgehog was born. His style of gameplay, while sharing similarities with most platformer games, gave the public an experience like none-other. Wicked speed; the objective of running as fast as you could through a level to reach the end with impressive new gameplay quirks, running through loops, running down hills, the possibilities were practically endless at the time. And what did this start? The beginning of a once great video game rivalry between Nintendo and SEGA; Mario vs. Sonic, some would call it. And for the longest time, these two great companies would compete for glory among the video gaming populous. Now, Mario himself? He was created as the super fun and lovable character that everyone can enjoy, containing a certain degree of coolness while keeping to his roots as the man with the jump. Sonic on the other hand? He shares similarities with Mario in terms of being fun and lovable...

The contrast, however? It can be described best in a personality synopsis I have written up for the character in the past.

"If you're looking for a true hero and someone with a great sense of justice, look no further than Sonic the Hedgehog. He's known as the fastest thing alive, able to easily crack speeds of mach one and beyond in seconds flat, and without showing any signs of fatigue. Some could say that he's symbolic to the wind, coming and going as he pleases, rain or shine, as well as being calm and soothing or bringing forth a hurricane. He's very competetive, looking for nearly any excuse to confront a challenge with someone, whether it be a race, a fight, and maybe an eating contest, but you'll more then likely see him always on the go.

Not liking boredom, this hedgehog of supersonic speed is never in one place for too long. His purpose in life is to run, fight for the world and the people in it, and most importantly of all, to live the life of an extreme adventurer. Exploration and adventuring are his forté as he takes any new ground that he happens to set foot on, and turns it into another challenge for himself, one way or another. Whatever his methods of doing things are, it has always been his way and no one elses; compared with rules and common sense, Sonic follows his own rules, living life to the fullest. He always keeps his promises, never betrays anyone, but follows his own plan, usually. He may be an extremist this way when it comes to action and fun, but that doesn't mean that the blue blur enjoys some down time, in which he loves relaxation (usually at the beach; ironically he can't swim). However, no matter how long or short the time he's on vacation, Sonic will always put down whatever he's doing in the face in injustice, never one to rest in times of peril.

He is extremely benevolent, and would willingly put himself at risk for others, taking on any challenge that confronts him without hesitation; and with a 'go get em'' attitude to boot! "It might even be fun!" Sonic is generally one of the nicest rodents you could ever meet, and his hot and cool-guy attitude tends to click with many people. If you're his enemy or someone that's just not on his good side however, be prepared to be taunted and sarcastically chided by the heroic hedgehog. He's got plenty of witty remarks at his disposal, and the ability to back them up.

For having such unique abilities such as being able to exceed the speed of sound and harnessing the power of the Chaos Emeralds, he is most certainly not modest about his phenominal feats. In fact, he is often portrayed as being narcissistic, self-absorbed, and very egotistical; nevertheless, he is always shown to be caring and selfless when it comes to his actions.

When you think you're all alone in facing the wind, Sonic will get you through in a pinch."

Now, taking this description of him, and what do we have? A character with attitude, who isn't afraid to say "I'm the coolest! Bring it on!" Mario is the one who isn't afraid of a challenge, "Let's-a-go!" Quite the clash of characters and companies, isn't it? And now after so many years of these two competing for sales and the fans' hearts, the rivalry is gone, left only for memories of the past as we remember the 'good old days'. SEGA eventually got beaten by Nintendo and Sony who were now on top in the gaming community. But did that stop SEGA and their little blue hedgehog? Not even in the slightest. Despite the downfall of their console run, they continue to thrive as a 3rd party company, now at an advantage to make video games for Sony, Microsoft, and wouldn't you know it...? Nintendo. Nintendo has many of SEGA's stocks and it is known that SEGA is a great supporter of Nintendo and their possibilities for the future.

Here we are, Luke. Brawl is right on the horizon, an All-Star slam fest where some of the biggest stars of Nintendo history come together in an all out fight; it is even shaping up to be one of the greatest video games to grace the public. With Solid Snake's inclusion (Hideo Kojima's pride and joy, you could say), the rise of other 3rd Party characters became a huge buzz in the community. And who was the most talked about? Who was the hottest topic? I'll give you a wild guess. Oh what the heck. It was Sonic. Big surprise. But quite frankly? I don't blame the people who do believe that Sonic is the most wanted. Masahiro Sakurai, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Yuji Naka himself all believe that Sonic would have made a great addition to Brawl; this is the first hinting towards what we could expect, and what we have right here, right now.

With SEGA's rather close connections to Nintendo right now, and with the announcement of MASATOG (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games) we had a clearer vision of the fact that Nintendo and SEGA can happily work together, especially if these two iconic characters are sharing a game together for the very first time.

So much about Mario & Sonic in this! To be fairly honest, it's because of Sonic's connection with Mario in the first place that we have been given the opportunity to play as the blue hedgehog.

I'm bold enough to ask a possibly ignorant question; Where would Mario and Nintendo itself be without Sonic? My assumption is that while they would still be a great company, but the evolutionary process of video gaming may have taken a lot longer. We have SEGA to thank for the quality of our video games to this very day. These two companies, while rivals, also inspired one another to best the other while bettering themselves, to make higher-quality games and more intuitive gameplay. New consoles, new graphics, new games, and a lot more sales; and this was all to create the hype that was Nintendo and SEGA. Where would Sonic be without Mario and friends? What about Mario? They're icons through the motivation of others. And right now, Nintendo is on top of the world with video gaming; the Wii being a major success. Meanwhile SEGA is still a great supporter of Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl could be considered an All-Star game, but with the inclusion of Snake, the game has been tainted, this is what some purists may believe. Somebody must have lied to you. While video gaming evolves, so do sayings. Nintendo All-Stars can go a long ways; Sonic's impact on Nintendo to cause them to thrive for even further greatness is an incredible feat.; and one that not too many characters have been able to do with such a powerful franchise. Whether you're a character long forgotten but loved by many retro fans (Pit & Mr. Game & Watch) or a character that has done more for Nintendo then one may believe (Sonic the Hedgehog), they are all stars that have left an impact in Nintendo's history, one way or another.

Leave the 3D games that you believe to be the turds on the earth right now (I personally, as a Sonic fan and gamer, do not mind the newer games), out of this argument. This isn't the games he's been in that I'm talking about. This is about history, this is about the kind of character that Sonic is. This is about the impact that he has left, the dent, in Nintendo's solid foundation; never to be forgotten as he continues to shine.

Take my word for it; Sonic's inclusion in Brawl just means that another icon is honored in an epic video game, giving this game that sensation of feeling 'complete'. Mario is the king of video games; Sonic is like a prince who is next in line.

We can't deny an icon his rightful place in a historical game.

Sonic the Hedgehog; he has as much right to be in this game as Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Snake, and everybody else.

If you or anyone else had taken the time to read this, I thank you guys. ^^ This has been fun, but Luke. You need to realize that this is what you get when you challenge someone who knows why characters have merit in games such as this.

I have nothing else to say in regards to Sonic, nothing else needs to be said before you run your mouth again with tomfoolery and just plain failure. But if you want me to kick your @$$ about Lucario too, please. Just say the word.

Good day.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
kudos on the post spindash, great read, yet I somehow believe this will still fail to sway luke G.

btw do you think that there will/can be patches for brawl even though no DLC(content)

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, Sakurai didn't say just "no". It wasn't a flat out answer.

***my comments

IGN said:
IGN: We have to ask because there are so many rumors about this. Are there any hidden characters to come? Can you unlock more hidden fighters by way of WiiConnect24 or will you offer new downloadable content -- new fighters, for example. -- using the service?

Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion.****WiiConnect24 provides updates and/or patches sent out by Nintendo via an internet connection. "interacting in that fashion." Shop Channel provides software sent out by Nintendo also via an internet connection.**** And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.
I'm sorry, but I think "No." is a pretty straightforward, flat out answer. The rest of his quote was made to clarify -why- DLC is not happening. IGN's initial question was "Are there any hidden characters -to come-?" and Sakurai's answer was, unfortunately "No." He then goes on to explain his reasoning behind why no DLC is going to come for Brawl.

Again, I understand being upset about no DLC, as I was looking forward to it just as much as the rest of you (if not more), but I just don't see how this quote can be interpreted any other way, unless people are trying to hold on to a false hope.

But I digress... I'm not going to debate this subject. You're all entitled to your own opinions, as am I.

spindash

Smash Ace
kudos on the post spindash, great read, yet I somehow believe this will still fail to sway luke G.

btw do you think that there will/can be patches for brawl even though no DLC(content)
... XD I write and an essay and now I'm being asked about DLC? >_>

Well, let's see here... I'm done getting my hopes up, so. I'm going to have to say, after that interview with IGN? I'm about ready to call it a blatant no. If they truly wanted to pursue patches, it's a possibility. But I don't think that they're thinking of Brawl for this kind of stuff.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Spindash? I applaud you on a well-written piece. It's definitely the truth. Sonic earned his spot in the line-up fair and square. (And while his latest games don't seem compare well to old-school, they are pretty nifty.)

PS. I havent' read the thread, but I know of Luke's rep. I find him highly offensive and if I could set him on ignore so I don't see his posts.. I would.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Cut the bull**** with calling people ***gots, including myself, Luke. Because I am getting sick and goddamm tired of how big of an ego you have. For Christ sakes, I've seen bad people, but you take the bloody cake. You're the kind of person that just has to take on the entire world, or try to make yourself out to be some god. I never thought it would happen. But you've actually, genuinely, pissed me off.
Oh BAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
I've had enough of you. Your points in regards to Lucario and Sonic? Absolute and pure filth. The most biased pieces of dog **** I have ever seen. You've only brought this upon yourself for even challenging people who know what the hell they are talking about. And I say, you deserve it. Educate.
^^^^^^^^^^
Let's start with Sonic, shall we?

Video gaming has had an incredible impact on society. Possibly the greatest icon of them all, Mario, is one of the main icons to lead the world of video gaming and take the world by storm. In 1981, Shigeru Miyamoto created the video game classic, Donkey Kong; which was also the premier of Jumpman himself, who would later be renamed as the Mario that you all know and love today. In 1983, Mario Bros. was released starring the dynamic duo of Mario and Luigi in some fun sewer clean-up action, taking out Koopas, Spinys and more. In 1985, possibly one of the most legendary video games was released. Super Mario Bros.; it continues to be a best seller, even one of the most popular buys on the Virtual Console for the Nintendo Wii. Yes Mario has had a great run and he's not showing ANY signs of stopping anytime soon.

But why do I address Mario in my argument? Because in 1991, a hero would be born that would dare challenge the success of the portly plumber himself. Created by Yuji Naka, Naoto Ōshima & Hirokazu Yasuhara, SEGA's answer to Mario; true blue, the fastest thing alive.

Sonic the Hedgehog was born. His style of gameplay, while sharing similarities with most platformer games, gave the public an experience like none-other. Wicked speed; the objective of running as fast as you could through a level to reach the end with impressive new gameplay quirks, running through loops, running down hills, the possibilities were practically endless at the time. And what did this start? The beginning of a once great video game rivalry between Nintendo and SEGA; Mario vs. Sonic, some would call it. And for the longest time, these two great companies would compete for glory among the video gaming populous. Now, Mario himself? He was created as the super fun and lovable character that everyone can enjoy, containing a certain degree of coolness while keeping to his roots as the man with the jump. Sonic on the other hand? He shares similarities with Mario in terms of being fun and lovable...
Naw, really? Thanks for the completely useless history lesson that I knew already, Sherlock.
The contrast, however? It can be described best in a personality synopsis I have written up for the character in the past.

"If you're looking for a true hero and someone with a great sense of justice, look no further than Sonic the Hedgehog. He's known as the fastest thing alive, able to easily crack speeds of mach one and beyond in seconds flat, and without showing any signs of fatigue. Some could say that he's symbolic to the wind, coming and going as he pleases, rain or shine, as well as being calm and soothing or bringing forth a hurricane. He's very competetive, looking for nearly any excuse to confront a challenge with someone, whether it be a race, a fight, and maybe an eating contest, but you'll more then likely see him always on the go.

Not liking boredom, this hedgehog of supersonic speed is never in one place for too long. His purpose in life is to run, fight for the world and the people in it, and most importantly of all, to live the life of an extreme adventurer. Exploration and adventuring are his forté as he takes any new ground that he happens to set foot on, and turns it into another challenge for himself, one way or another. Whatever his methods of doing things are, it has always been his way and no one elses; compared with rules and common sense, Sonic follows his own rules, living life to the fullest. He always keeps his promises, never betrays anyone, but follows his own plan, usually. He may be an extremist this way when it comes to action and fun, but that doesn't mean that the blue blur enjoys some down time, in which he loves relaxation (usually at the beach; ironically he can't swim). However, no matter how long or short the time he's on vacation, Sonic will always put down whatever he's doing in the face in injustice, never one to rest in times of peril.

He is extremely benevolent, and would willingly put himself at risk for others, taking on any challenge that confronts him without hesitation; and with a 'go get em'' attitude to boot! "It might even be fun!" Sonic is generally one of the nicest rodents you could ever meet, and his hot and cool-guy attitude tends to click with many people. If you're his enemy or someone that's just not on his good side however, be prepared to be taunted and sarcastically chided by the heroic hedgehog. He's got plenty of witty remarks at his disposal, and the ability to back them up.

For having such unique abilities such as being able to exceed the speed of sound and harnessing the power of the Chaos Emeralds, he is most certainly not modest about his phenominal feats. In fact, he is often portrayed as being narcissistic, self-absorbed, and very egotistical; nevertheless, he is always shown to be caring and selfless when it comes to his actions.

When you think you're all alone in facing the wind, Sonic will get you through in a pinch."
So is Naruto and he's still a terrible character. I guess like any other idiot you must love the shonen-hero stereotype and look up to him thinking he's some type of deep character that is unlike anyone else.
Now, taking this description of him, and what do we have? A character with attitude, who isn't afraid to say "I'm the coolest! Bring it on!" Mario is the one who isn't afraid of a challenge, "Let's-a-go!" Quite the clash of characters and companies, isn't it? And now after so many years of these two competing for sales and the fans' hearts, the rivalry is gone, left only for memories of the past as we remember the 'good old days'. SEGA eventually got beaten by Nintendo and Sony who were now on top in the gaming community. But did that stop SEGA and their little blue hedgehog? Not even in the slightest. Despite the downfall of their console run, they continue to thrive as a 3rd party company, now at an advantage to make video games for Sony, Microsoft, and wouldn't you know it...? Nintendo. Nintendo has many of SEGA's stocks and it is known that SEGA is a great supporter of Nintendo and their possibilities for the future.
For one, Nintendo does NOT own many of Sega's stocks. At all.

And another thing, I get your point that Sonic is a hero-type character. Which is understandable because he is still today. However, his hero-type character went from what you described to a piece of garbage in Sonic Adventure with crappy lines making you feel like you're watching the 4kids dub of One Piece. Yes, even the voice actors that originally were working for Sega rather than 4kids, it still was crap. Hell, even in the Japanese version it was the same way.

In a GIST? Sonic, now, is a complete cheese of a character that no one can really take seriously. You could in past games, but not nowadays because of the character he's been turned into.
Here we are, Luke. Brawl is right on the horizon, an All-Star slam fest where some of the biggest stars of Nintendo history come together in an all out fight; it is even shaping up to be one of the greatest video games to grace the public. With Solid Snake's inclusion (Hideo Kojima's pride and joy, you could say), the rise of other 3rd Party characters became a huge buzz in the community. And who was the most talked about? Who was the hottest topic? I'll give you a wild guess. Oh what the heck. It was Sonic. Big surprise. But quite frankly? I don't blame the people who do believe that Sonic is the most wanted. Masahiro Sakurai, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Yuji Naka himself all believe that Sonic would have made a great addition to Brawl; this is the first hinting towards what we could expect, and what we have right here, right now.
They only wanted Sonic in because the idiot masses did. They knew that people like you, people who love Sonic's crap games, will buy the game just because of Sonic. Popularity =/= automatic greatness.
With SEGA's rather close connections to Nintendo right now, and with the announcement of MASATOG (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games) we had a clearer vision of the fact that Nintendo and SEGA can happily work together, especially if these two iconic characters are sharing a game together for the very first time.

So much about Mario & Sonic in this! To be fairly honest, it's because of Sonic's connection with Mario in the first place that we have been given the opportunity to play as the blue hedgehog.
Yes but the Mario vs. Sonic rivalry has honestly died off ever since people started realizing with the release of Sonic Adventure 2 that Sonic games were going downhill. Right now, Mario is extremely high in the sales while Sonic's sales are going down with each installment not rivaling with Mario anymore. Back in the 90's, there was great competition between the two to the point where sales were pretty much on equal terms.

With MASATOG and Brawl, Nintendo and Sega just cashed in on their past rivalry just to get people to buy it, really.
I'm bold enough to ask a possibly ignorant question; Where would Mario and Nintendo itself be without Sonic? My assumption is that while they would still be a great company, but the evolutionary process of video gaming may have taken a lot longer. We have SEGA to thank for the quality of our video games to this very day. These two companies, while rivals, also inspired one another to best the other while bettering themselves, to make higher-quality games and more intuitive gameplay. New consoles, new graphics, new games, and a lot more sales; and this was all to create the hype that was Nintendo and SEGA. Where would Sonic be without Mario and friends? What about Mario? They're icons through the motivation of others. And right now, Nintendo is on top of the world with video gaming; the Wii being a major success. Meanwhile SEGA is still a great supporter of Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl could be considered an All-Star game, but with the inclusion of Snake, the game has been tainted, this is what some purists may believe. Somebody must have lied to you. While video gaming evolves, so do sayings. Nintendo All-Stars can go a long ways; Sonic's impact on Nintendo to cause them to thrive for even further greatness is an incredible feat.; and one that not too many characters have been able to do with such a powerful franchise. Whether you're a character long forgotten but loved by many retro fans (Pit & Mr. Game & Watch) or a character that has done more for Nintendo then one may believe (Sonic the Hedgehog), they are all stars that have left an impact in Nintendo's history, one way or another.
So what does this have to do with the fact that Sonic's games have sucked in every installment after Sonic Adventure?
Leave the 3D games that you believe to be the turds on the earth right now (I personally, as a Sonic fan and gamer, do not mind the newer games), out of this argument. This isn't the games he's been in that I'm talking about. This is about history, this is about the kind of character that Sonic is. This is about the impact that he has left, the dent, in Nintendo's solid foundation; never to be forgotten as he continues to shine.
Yes, but the thing is, now, Sonic has been ruined.

As I said millions of times, even on this board, I love Sonic games. I love the actual character of Sonic and I love the series. I grew up with Sonic and still today play Sonic 3 and Sonic CD over and over again.

Now, when Sonic Adventure came out, Sega basically revamped the whole thing. The 3D system in the game was pretty good even though it was a bit clunky and slow at times, the the characters and story were just disgusting. It didn't feel like Sonic, but instead, a bad fanfic. So I hoped that Sonic Adventure 2 would be better.

Well, it wasn't. New game concepts were introduced but the controls still feel the same. And even worse, it felt a bit more clunky at times than usual. With the inclusion with Shadow who is a garbage character, things just go worse with his weak and attempted development about his "past" which was explained more in the horrifying game he starred in, Shadow the Hedgehog. Overall I was extremely disappointed.

Etc. Etc. Every generation, while trying to do a new concept, go worse with characters, gameplay, and plot. Sonic Heroes kinda upgraded from Sonic Adventure 2 in terms of feeling like a Sonic game, but it STILL was clunky and a lot of models were uncreatively reused.

Right now, as I see Sonic in Brawl, I see Sonic's decline. The design he has in Brawl is based off his recent-most one in the games that are just terrible and he's basically the disgusting character Sega turned him to. Sure there's a few retro references such as Green Hill Zone, but unless Sonic is completely retro-based, voiced by Jaleel White, and has no music from the current games, he represents the newer and terrible generation of Sonic games these days.
Take my word for it; Sonic's inclusion in Brawl just means that another icon is honored in an epic video game, giving this game that sensation of feeling 'complete'. Mario is the king of video games; Sonic is like a prince who is next in line.

We can't deny an icon his rightful place in a historical game.

Sonic the Hedgehog; he has as much right to be in this game as Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Snake, and everybody else.

If you or anyone else had taken the time to read this, I thank you guys. ^^ This has been fun, but Luke. You need to realize that this is what you get when you challenge someone who knows why characters have merit in games such as this.

I have nothing else to say in regards to Sonic, nothing else needs to be said before you run your mouth again with tomfoolery and just plain failure. But if you want me to kick your @$$ about Lucario too, please. Just say the word.

Good day.
You didn't kick my *** at all to be honest. Your whole attempt at trying to beat my wit was just pathetic and really unnecessary. I know a lot more about Sonic and video game history than you and have for years now. I also have extensive knowledge and experience on just about every Nintendo game or character which I've proven about many times in the past even on these forums.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
... XD I write and an essay and now I'm being asked about DLC? >_>

Well, let's see here... I'm done getting my hopes up, so. I'm going to have to say, after that interview with IGN? I'm about ready to call it a blatant no. If they truly wanted to pursue patches, it's a possibility. But I don't think that they're thinking of Brawl for this kind of stuff.
Exactly what I'm saying. It's a shame that DLC isn't available but holding onto false hope based on some pretty clear comments given by Sakurai is just rather foolish. =[ This is probably one of the most clear cut quotes Sakurai has made and people are still trying to dissect it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Look, it is hardly ambiguous like the Ness thing. (Don't even start on it.)

If he clearly says, "Sorry, no luck, No DLC, I think it is able to be said that there is NO DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT!

Sure, sure, perhaps he was wrong, perhaps it will come out in the future. It is possible. But like the release dates, we assume that the most recent one is the real one. So until DLC comes out, or gets announced, I think we should assume no DLC.
**** the rest of the useless posts in this topic.

This one I quoted...it's perfect. Especially the bolded part.

spindash

Smash Ace
Exactly what I'm saying. It's a shame that DLC isn't available but holding onto false hope based on some pretty clear comments given by Sakurai is just rather foolish. =[ This is probably one of the most clear cut quotes Sakurai has made and people are still trying to dissect it.
Y'know, by the same token, I also don't mind people hanging onto false hope in some situations. Because if that happens? If they set themselves up for disappointment, the stronger people just move on and enjoy what they have recieved. And let me tell you. Brawl's just epic on many different levels as it is. Besides! Hanging onto speculation passes the time if anything!

I'm just done with that in anycase. :p People can have fun believing. If they're somehow right for if a miracle occurs, I'll do backflips. Until then? I'm just gonna have a blast with this game, regardless.

And Luke? Your ignorance just disgusts me. I'm only going to take your words as shallow opinions and nothing more. Once more, I have nothing more to say to you in regards to Sonic. And as I predicted, you ignored why he has deserved what he does today. I didn't even jump into the bias opinions of, "Sonic is just awesome. That's why he's in Brawl, etc. etc. etc .", and you still try to cut me down when all I had done was given you a piece of history, what Sonic had done for Nintendo, why he deserves to be in Brawl, without bias.

Just know that I'm not leaving because I've lost and am hanging my head in shame. I'm leaving this argument because I have already won while you just wallow in your little pit of denial. :\ I'm sorry, but you're just a sad dude.

Hope you smarten up someday and learn to accept the fact that you can be wrong, and even if you are wrong, it isn't even the end of the world in the first place. I guess it's wishful thinking on my part.

MamaLuigi

Smash Rookie
Sakurai Said:

No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.

Responses to bold and italicized font are bold and italicized :chuckle:

Sakurai only stated Wiiconnect24 or anything in that fashion (such as wifi) couldn't unlock more chracters. Wii Shop Channel perhaps?
How would he not know about the system who's MAIN GAME he developed? Yeah right.
Well, if your thinking of them adding Tiers, just remember this:

TIERS

DON

EXIST!!!

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Oh cut it OUT about the arguements on Sonic and Lucario and the others (nice post, though, spindash!).

It's your opinion if you don't like Sonic! O-P-I-N-I-O-N! And so what if you don't like his current games? What's that change? What's any of that change in Brawl? You won't change the Sonic fans, you cannot remove Sonic from the game...

Seriously, the only place this anti-Sonic talk belongs is in another topic, if you're trying to ban Sonic from tournaments.

This is about DLC. And yes, there will be a way to get new characters and stages and stuff, no two ways about it. They WILL expand Brawl; Wii Shopping Center would be a great idea.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
And Luke? Your ignorance just disgusts me. I'm only going to take your words as shallow opinions and nothing more. Once more, I have nothing more to say to you in regards to Sonic. And as I predicted, you ignored why he has deserved what he does today. I didn't even jump into the bias opinions of, "Sonic is just awesome. That's why he's in Brawl, etc. etc. etc .", and you still try to cut me down when all I had done was given you a piece of history, what Sonic had done for Nintendo, why he deserves to be in Brawl, without bias.
I ALREADY know about Sonic's history. If you even read my posts you would know that. What do you not get? Do I have to use all-caps or something?

I KNOW ABOUT SONIC'S HISTORY.

However, like ANYONE who knows about Sonic's history, I know that Sonic is just garbage today which you honestly just dodged. That's what is representing in Brawl in the form of Sonic: Those garbage games. It isn't because of history, because if so, then Sonic would actually be revered, in Brawl, for his good games rather than his bad. He's in Brawl just because kids like you want him in Brawl because of his recent popularity in, yes, everything from Sonic Adventure through whatever future game is coming out.
Just know that I'm not leaving because I've lost and am hanging my head in shame. I'm leaving this argument because I have already won while you just wallow in your little pit of denial. :\ I'm sorry, but you're just a sad dude.
I'm not wallowing in anything nor am I in denial. Whether you want Sonic in Brawl or not is completely fine, I don't care. But the fact of the manner is, that Sonic sucks nowadays. The whole history lesson you even said doesn't mean anything anymore to Sega, because if it did then Sonic games will still be good and feel like Sonic games even today.
Hope you smarten up someday and learn to accept the fact that you can be wrong, and even if you are wrong, it isn't even the end of the world in the first place. I guess it's wishful thinking on my part.
I can be wrong, like trusting Sakurai's words about Ness' inclusion and a few other things, but this I'm not wrong about, definitely.

espio87

Smash Ace
I ALREADY know about Sonic's history. If you even read my posts you would know that. What do you not get? Do I have to use all-caps or something?

I KNOW ABOUT SONIC'S HISTORY.

However, like ANYONE who knows about Sonic's history, I know that Sonic is just garbage today which you honestly just dodged. That's what is representing in Brawl in the form of Sonic: Those garbage games. It isn't because of history, because if so, then Sonic would actually be revered, in Brawl, for his good games rather than his bad. He's in Brawl just because kids like you want him in Brawl because of his recent popularity in, yes, everything from Sonic Adventure through whatever future game is coming out.

I'm not wallowing in anything nor am I in denial. Whether you want Sonic in Brawl or not is completely fine, I don't care. But the fact of the manner is, that Sonic sucks nowadays. The whole history lesson you even said doesn't mean anything anymore to Sega, because if it did then Sonic games will still be good and feel like Sonic games even today.

I can be wrong, like trusting Sakurai's words about Ness' inclusion and a few other things, but this I'm not wrong about, definitely.
Cease this at once Luke. This topic is for the discussion of Sakurai's comments to IGN regarding DLC. You have pretty much taken this topic in a direction that was never wanted. Stop being so aggresive to the posters and at least try to have a peaceful discussion.

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
Nice essay Spindash, you are the type of person every forum goer should Aspire to be.

Oh, and Puffball, thanks for the compliment.

I know Sakurai may have made an error, but he did say "correct me if I am wrong".

He treats interviews like a normal conversation, while we then analyze the sentences down to the commas. It just does not work.

I am sure that he is a lot more intelligent than everyone gives him credit for.

Consider this, if I ask my mother for chocolate, and she says "No dear, it will turn your hair purple" That still is a no to me getting chocolate.

He has been asked directly about it, and the answer he gave was not at all positive. He said something along the lines of Nothing being planed, so assuming he was telling the truth, the source of the leak must have been false.

So, currently all we have to support the idea is a few files Labeled "Mewtwo's victory", "Roy's victory" a Leaker, and information that there is going to be DLC in future for some games.

Against it we have official deconfirmation from the maker of the game.

What do you trust? If I were Sakurai, I would release the information of DLC, to build back hype that Wolf and ROB lost. There is no reason to not say yes.

I see no one denying the release date, so why so much denial on this issue?

Certainly seems like a thread of flames and lost hope.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
Sakurai Said:

No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.

Responses to bold and italicized font are bold and italicized :chuckle:

Sakurai only stated Wiiconnect24 or anything in that fashion (such as wifi) couldn't unlock more chracters. Wii Shop Channel perhaps?
How would he not know about the system who's MAIN GAME he developed? Yeah right.
that seems too deceitful or complicated. you could also say that he said there would be no new characters but that means there could be other DLC, but I doubt it.

read the writing on the wall, it's over, from the horses mouth, not trying to be a kill-joy, just a realist, lets not split words, he said it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Lets look at the facts. . . .

FACT one.
The first part of his statement says that theres not DLC for characters RIGHT NOW. As in, theres no characters that are in SSBB that can be unlocked Via Wiiconnect24 or any of that jazz in the present. He nevvverrr said it couldn't happen in the future.

FACT 2.
"And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn’t have a hard drive — it’s a disc-based system — so I don’t think we’ll be doing that, I don’t think it’s going to happen."

He said he doesn't think it will happening because the Wii doesn't have a Hard Drive. Never said it CAN'T/ WONT happen flat out.
We already know it's fully possible with the news on DLC with WiFi. . .so the reason he gave for thinking "they (I guess he means him and his crew)" wont be doing DLC for characters is now void/ gone/ moot/ no longer a problem/ has been fixed because, again, Nintendo has officially stated that they will be releasing the tools for DLC soon with the whole compession deal.

FACT 3.
Sakurai aint the most truthful of folk. I wont touch on this because it goes reaaallllyy close to the MM fans yelling about how MM's creator doesn't know w/e about MM and/ot was lieing in that podcast stateing that MM wasn't in brawl.

I pretty much don't care if he was lieing or not. He simply said that theres no characters in brawl that are unlocked over WiFi and that because of no hard drive he doesn't think he and his peeps will be doing DLC. Nintendo will be releasing the tools for it (DLC) soon so that road bloke it seemingly gone now.

FACT 4.
. . . Nintendo can do w/e the hell they want with their game. Sakurai aint the only guy who worked on characters, most of the team was from Nintendo and Hal anyway (and "Game Art". . .IDK who they are or if they belong to Nintendo. I guess they do but IDK so w/e). If nintendo feels like dusting off Mewtwo, having some of their brawl devs work on revamping him and adding new animations/ balancing him for DLC later on than it will happen.

And DLC doesn't HAVE to just be in new characters. Could be in Alt cos or more taunts or more color changes. New items/ stages/ events are all in that DLC area.

Not saying that it's going to happen, not saying I think it's going to happen. Just saying that it's possible and that Sakurai never wrote it in stone that neither he nor nintendo would make DLC for characters. In fact, the only reason he gave was no hard drive and the tools to bypass the direct need for more memory in the form of a Hard Drive for DLC will, again, be released soon.

Also posted to give others hope. . .really, Nintendo actually DOES seem to lesson, with this DLC/ space saving fix/ Pay for a different (in some way) online for only some games that use it. If you hold onto hope it may be picked up.
Im going to QFT my own post. . .

Sakurai, again, only said that theres no characters unlockable via DLC in the present sense. Never said that it couldn't happen at all in the future.
So no, theres no characters in the game by DLC right now.

He than only gave the Wii not having a Hard drive as the only reason he doesn't THINK it will happen in the future (Which I noted because he gave clear reasons as to why he didn't want Ranking and couldn't do VChat but this one was a "I don't think it will happen" reply based on something that nintendo has fixed in someway).
Now we know that by some means Nintendo is going to give devs the tools needed to make DLC with or with out a Wii hard drive.

It seems like this arguement has people on one side yelling that is not in brawl now and that because of that it will not come Later well the other side agrees it no in brawl NOW but they say its possible LATER.
It ISSSS possible later, with or with out Sakurai (Just like the possibly is still there for a DS SSB with or with out Sakurai). There ISSS hope to those who want it.

It's funny. . .one side is trying to crush the other's hope simply by assuming it wont happen in the future when none os us know what will happen in the future and assuming only makes this a flame war. :ohwell:

From what HE said and what Nintendo has released we can agree that it's not in brawl NOW but CAN happen in the future with or with out Sakurai. . . right?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
What a thread! Flaming, history lessons and debates (And this is supposed to be about DLC)

I'm not holding my breath for DLC, but I don't trust Sakurai anymore so we will just have to wait and see.

I wonder if the flaming will resume after I post this?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Oi! We must retain hope! If Nintendo doesn't see a market for it, it won't happen! If Nintendo hears our cries, hopefully they'll instead hear large amounts of money shaking around!

LSDX

Wah!
The Wii prints money unfortuneatly and overall Nintendo has given up on the hardcore fanbase (as of now). Our best hope is to wish for a SSB4 or a SSBDS (hopefully not). Maybe it will be directed by Masahiro S., maybe not..

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Impressive bump. Don't do it again.

Brawl isn't designed for DLC and Nintendo usually doesn't care about their games post-release, hence...

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom