• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Still many more newcomers?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
do you think sakurai has revealed most of the secret chars or just a slice of them?i hope there are still a handful of newcomers left....

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
There's gonna be alot more. It's funny how some people say "OK THERES GONNA BE LIEK 35 CHARACTERS MAX BUT MORE THEN LIKEY 30 COZ IM AN IDIOT WHO DOESNT REALIZE BRAWL HAS 28 MONTHS OF DEVELOPMENT TIME AND MELEE ONLY HAD 10 AND THAT BRAWLS TEAM IS DOUBLE THE SIZE OF MELEE'S"

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The newcomers so far are probably mostly starters, with Sonic and Snake being unlockable. I'd say that at most we're going to have about five secret new comers, and that's really pushing it at this point.

PhiyreBawl

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing that there's a good amount of characters (Maybe 10-15?) Sakurai has yet to show us.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
There's gonna be alot more. It's funny how some people say "OK THERES GONNA BE LIEK 35 CHARACTERS MAX BUT MORE THEN LIKEY 30 COZ IM AN IDIOT WHO DOESNT REALIZE BRAWL HAS 28 MONTHS OF DEVELOPMENT TIME AND MELEE ONLY HAD 10 AND THAT BRAWLS TEAM IS DOUBLE THE SIZE OF MELEE'S"
double...DOUBLE? Brawl has probably twice as many musicians as melee did total developers. It has the largest team for any one game of all time I believe by a large margin. I wouldn't doubt the thought of 40++ characters as a final total.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
double...DOUBLE? Brawl has probably twice as many musicians as melee did total developers. It has the largest team for any one game of all time I believe by a large margin. I wouldn't doubt the thought of 40++ characters as a final total.
I'm pretty sure MGS4 has more developers working on it and I wasn't counting musiciansso I'm pretty sure it's still double melee's. But you have to realize melee had a huge team working on it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
THe only secret characters hes revealed, and hes only revealed them for hype purposes, are Sonic and Snake.

He also said in a podcast that there will be more characters than we can possibly imagine, so there will be mn=any more.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd really like to see where this came from, because I've heard it so many times but never accompanied with a link

Me too, but Ill still stick to it anyway because I like the idea :)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd really like to see where this came from, because I've heard it so many times but never accompanied with a link
It's more or less a new rumor that came about late November/early December. Supposedly, this and along with the Subspace Emissary being over ten hours long, were supposedly mentioned in Famitsu.

The whole thing came from a Korean website that reports anything in particular from the magazine.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
THe only secret characters hes revealed, and hes only revealed them for hype purposes, are Sonic and Snake.

He also said in a podcast that there will be more characters than we can possibly imagine, so there will be mn=any more.
Maybe this includes Assist Trophies.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
40-50. At this rate, anything else isn't logical.I mean seriously, I could count off 35 characters with just veterans that will return. 9 or less characters than Melee? With three times the development cycle, at least twice the staff, and Sakurai being given total freedom? Get real, man..

If he's meticulous enough about this game to put in stuff like spectator mode, coin launcher, overalls Wario, etc., how would he possibly forget the most important part of the game, the characters?

Anybody who says less than 40 isn't being conservative, they're being stupid.

Top Bottom