• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stock vs Points

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
I actually prefer special bunny METAL speed slow-mo cacapoopoopeepeeshire Brawl, to be honest. But if I had to choose, Stock.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Stock. I've never liked Time. On top of what's already been said, I hate how characters with fewer killing moves get the short end of Time. I'll rack up 100%+ to someone with my MK, but then a shortage of killing moves usually lets the kill slip from my hands.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
You know, for FFA, there should be a mode where the 1st to a certain amount of points wins. That way, everyone can play until the match ends (like Time battles) and at the same time, it'll still have the smae feel as a Stock battle FFA.

Anyway, Stock battles.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Point battles are stupid and I will never play them NEVER! as for time battles I guess they're alright from time to time, but Stock battles are definetly my favorite ones since it's more fun plus I like to quadruple stock people who think thier good but in the end end upm getting PWNED!!

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Even besides suicides, in Time, all you have to do is get the first kill and stall until time is up. >_<

Stock.

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
My preference is definitely Stock. I usually get distracted during Time battles, yet I play them occasionally.

~rh

Smash Lord
Stock. People will run/camp after the get one kill in time battle/

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
Time matches is what allows n00b Ike online to win online... I prefer stock

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Stock...because really, how fair is it if you're playing people who totally suck *cough*wifi*cough* but are able to "beat" you because they happened to hit another bad player right before they fell off the edge...seriously, you could do all the damage to one person and then have some total n00b come in and steal your kill last second didn't quite finish them off...

SmashAura4

Smash Apprentice
I totally feel you MarthTrinity.

I prefer stock because I get pissed when I'm in the middle of fighting and about to deliver the final blow. Then Ike comes over with that God-forsaken foward smash and steals all my hard work.

calmlunatic

Smash Cadet
It's stock for me. I prefer the last man standing feel of the match. Only problem is if you get killed first and you have to wait for the rest to finish.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Time...in Melee that is. In Brawl, Stock is better, but the stock matches are still boring if they are drag on longer than they needed to be.

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
In non serious games 1v1 I still use stock

4 player matches I do time, though, because when it gets down to the final 2 people it can go on for a while, and being the first one out by some unfortunate chance, just sitting there waiting for peoples stock to run out, sucks.

Time is only for Multi-Player for me.

Top Bottom