• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop being children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
I just read that someone doubts they'll buy a Nintendo console because of the roster. Most of these complaints are on the grounds that clones are in the game. Isn't this exactly how the release of Melee went?

Melee had 25/26 characters total. And boys and girls, let's review. In regards to unique characters Melee added...
Peach
Bowser
Zelda/Sheik
Mewtwo
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
Marth

That is 7/8 newcomers (depending on whether you seperate Zelda/Sheik) between Melee and N64.

That would put the 'clone free' roster at 19/20. In total, adding 7/8 to the original game.

Brawl's total roster is 35/40 (Sheik, Pokemon Trainer, and ZSS included in the latter number) and the non cloned new comers...

Pit
Wario
(ZSS)
Ike
Pokemon Trainer (C/I/S)
Diddy
Metaknight
Snake
Sonic
Dedede
Olimar
ROB

(I personally feel Lucario is just Mewtwo's replacement, so he's not on this list)

This puts the clone free roster at 30/35, adding 11/15 to Melee

Even not including Sheik/ZSS/Pokemon, the roster expanded more between Melee and Brawl than it did between Melee and N64.

Honestly, do you really have a right to complain? Sakurai made no promises of clone-freeness, the only time he supposedly said that... (Note the supposedly?)

Would you all have been happier if the clones just didn't exist? But what would the point of that be? Clones or not, they play differently enough from the originals. I can understand frustration at the idea that Wolf is yet another Fox clone... But to be so frustrated as to not buy another Nintendo SYSTEM again?

I apologize if some of the math above is off, I just woke up but felt angry enough to post this.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Not buying Brawl because of the roster when you have a Wii is one thing, but not buying a Wii, plus Brawl, plus the possible extras because of the roster is understandable. Not everyone is as priviledged as some, and I can understand why the roster would put people on hold for getting a Wii for a while.

Shut.

The.

Up.

This right here pisses me off. People come here and think they're better than the rest because they haven't *****ed about the roster, then tell US to grow up.

Some people don't like it, some people do. Whining is annoying. Whining about the whining is hypocritical and a complete piss off.

Now please, don't post something this irrelevant (and a repeat topic to boot) ever again.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Besides, Wolf isn't a Fox clone anyways. His moves are completely different. And Lucario really isn't a replacement, because all of his moves are different.
OH NO, GUYS.

REASONING AND SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Run! Flee! Go to a new topic where you complain about clones that aren't really clones!

LOL @ all the people saying Lucario's a Mewtwo clone.

What a bunch of ****ing failures.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
Not buying Brawl because of the roster when you have a Wii is one thing, but not buying a Wii, plus Brawl, plus the possible extras because of the roster is understandable. Not everyone is as priviledged as some, and I can understand why the roster would put people on hold for getting a Wii for a while.
The implication I got from the post was that they had a Wii, and were doubting Nintendo's entire credibility based on this game, and wouldn't buy Nintendo's next system.

Shut up, Andydark..
I'm not exactly complaining about it. I'm just trying to point out the logic, or lack thereof behind it. It seems a bit extreme to get as upset as some people do about it. I never claimed I was 100% pleased with it. But some of the responses to this 'heinous crime' are a bit out there.

And I haven't really seen footage of Wolf fighting. Or Wolf in motion at all really.

And considering Lucario a Mewtwo replacement just made it easier to verbalize everything on my end >_>

Due to errors posting this, multiple posts will probably attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom