• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop Shooting Ourselves in the Nuts, or, A Reasoned Discussion of Male Responses to F

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Also no one has to respect your decision. If you don't want to be judged on it don't make it known to us.
Harsh but true.

Still, a reminder to everyone to disagree respectfully!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Y u no sex?

Oh, and you don't need to remind Falcon of that. :awesome:

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Sorry, I think I got confused with your wording of that sentence.

I do think that sexual education in the US is extremely poor and ignorant.
As is most of the public education in the US in general.
Mu public school education was actually quite good, but our sexual education was abstinence only. We were split into boys and girls, and the boys were told that women couldn't experience any physical pleasure from sex. They only enjoyed mental pleasure from love and apparently the idea of marriage or something.

I mean, I am from Alabama though.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Sorry, I think I got confused with your wording of that sentence.

I do think that sexual education in the US is extremely poor and ignorant.
As is most of the public education in the US in general.
Mu public school education was actually quite good, but our sexual education was abstinence only. We were split into boys and girls, and the boys were told that women couldn't experience any physical pleasure from sex. They only enjoyed mental pleasure from love and apparently the idea of marriage or something.

I mean, I am from Alabama though.
LOOOOOOOL that is awful.
Like.....what kind of sense does that make?
I dont even-

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I guess it would make sense to a kid that was hearing that for the first time. :scared:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It's not that crazy. Sex has an emotional and mental aspect to it, particularly in a relationship. It's crazy to suggest that girls don't get any physical pleasure from the act, but it's a reasonable lie for pro-abstinence educators to make if they're trying to indoctrinate people, because many people do see sex as an intimate emotional experience in addition to or even despite the physicality of the act itself. In my experience, girls are much more prone to thinking in that way. Haven't you ever heard of a girl who was "waiting for the right one"? That is where the root of this lie stems from. Guys generally do not get quite as sentimental about sex in my experience. But it varies and I've met many exceptions to the "rule".

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, females think of intimacy as opposed to raw, dominant, sexual energy when imagining such things in their mind. Though, that obviously doesn't mean they don't have physical pleasure, that's basically denying basic science and reality. O_O

Luckily I wasn't raised in Alabama, I arrived towards the end of my "education". I can see how it could have been just plain awful though.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, the last few posts are dangerously close to "Women are like this, men are like this"

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hahaha! Well excuse me, it's more of a general rule that they do, there.

What I am referring to are studies there, sir. >_>

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I was speaking in anecdotes and I thought I made that pretty clear. This is why I put things such as "in my experience" in the sentences, and even ended my thesis with "but there are many exceptions to this 'rule". If you actually want to discuss the point I was making with that post that could be neat

Top Bottom