• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop trying to change how GW is played and instead...Get better.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Nice post.

Ive also believe that knowing how your opponent reacts is pretty much half if not the whole battle.

It was like in me and my friend in melee.

I played Sheik and he played Marth.I remember when I started using the d tilt>f airs,or jab>grabs(alot) he didnt have a clue how to defend against spamming them.Then he started predicting when id be going for the d tilt and sheilding it then grabbing an punishing me.Then I realised if I wavecrouched and instead of d tilting as I usually did I could mix it up by grabbing instead because he wouldnt be expecting it.

Knowing what your opponent usually does in reaction to what you do is win.It just takes me ages to pick up on a good players habits because they dont really have any.

Hylian your a man after my own heart.

1200 posts in 2 years 9 months.YAHOO!

Its crazy how guys who joined in march/april this year already have like 3 times the posts I do.......what thats like over a 100 posts a day or something in some cases.(Crazy b******s)

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Nice post.

Ive also believe that knowing how your opponent reacts is pretty much half if not the whole battle.

It was like in me and my friend in melee.

I played Sheik and he played Marth.I remember when I started using the d tilt>f airs,or jab>grabs(alot) he didnt have a clue how to defend against spamming them.Then he started predicting when id be going for the d tilt and sheilding it then grabbing an punishing me.Then I realised if I wavecrouched and instead of d tilting as I usually did I could mix it up by grabbing instead because he wouldnt be expecting it.

Knowing what your opponent usually does in reaction to what you do is win.It just takes me ages to pick up on a good players habits because they dont really have any.

Hylian your a man after my own heart.

1200 posts in 2 years 9 months.YAHOO!

Its crazy how guys who joined in march/april this year already have like 3 times the posts I do.......what thats like over a 100 posts a day or something in some cases.(Crazy b******s)
I feel you on the habits thing. If I do learn their habits, I normally come up with some dumb way to punish them instead of common sense.

I normally learn them around halfway through the last match, which is never good enough =[.

GFE

Smash Journeyman
This argument is stupid. G&W is so overpowered already, he doesn't need any improvements.
this coming from someone who only plays in Rainbow Cruise.
edit: did i forget to say with 4 stocks also?

Veng

Smash Ace
This right here is why I main GW.

You need to practice with him to get better!

so instead of wasting your time learning the banned infinite cape which all it does is hurt your thumb, your gaining skill.

Hylian thanks for putting some logic into this board.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I apologize to JKBUK for ruining his thread. I know he had good intentions, so sorry :). Didn't mean to completly contradict you, just wanted to get some things off my mind.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
this coming from someone who only plays in Rainbow Cruise.
edit: did i forget to say with 4 stocks also?
1. I stopped using RC when you stopped using Snake.
2. 4 stocks, so what? Ohmigawdit'snot3stocks! It's the end of the worlllllllllllllld!!!

GuruKid

Smash Ace
This right here is why I main GW.

You need to practice with him to get better!

so instead of wasting your time learning the banned infinite cape which all it does is hurt your thumb, your gaining skill.
Quoted for Truth. LOL at those who think gimmicks make the player (there are quite a lot of those out there). Attentiveness, foresight, pattern-recognition; those are the elements that separate the proverbial men from the boys.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I take offense to Hylian calling Marth's frame trap a gimmick.

XtACY

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this 100%. He hit it right on the dot. Its not just about skill and technique, you gotta understand your opponent and use that to your advantage. I couldnt agree with you anymore.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I hope you all gained something from this thread :).

I'll have to think about my next big one :).

M15t3R E

Smash Master
G&W is my strongest secondary and I recently placed respectably well in an EC regional using him about half the time.

I can't think of anything to change about him. His turtle pressure game is too good and his juggling skills are amazing.

K 2

Smash Lord
He's a big predictable, but other than that, G&W is a solid character with few weaknesses (besides the fact that he's the 2nd lightest character in the game).

M15t3R E

Smash Master
He can be predictable, but does it matter? It's always the best option for the opponent to avoid the turtle- not shield it. He has great juggling skills which cannot be punished when used wisely.
He definitely deserves his place in the tier list.

K 2

Smash Lord
I'm not saying he shouldn't be where is he on the tier list. G&W really doesn't have to change is play style for the majority of his matchups (bair, smash). He's really straightforward without too many AT's and fancy techs, unlike pika, as you know (73 tricks for pika, and counting?).

Top Bottom