• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop with the updates..

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJFMJR

Smash Cadet
I'm getting tired of Smashbros.com. Yes I check it every weekday, and yes I do like hearing new updates. However, every time a new update is shown that's one less thing I will be surprised about when getting the game. I mean seriously, can you imagine playing smashbros brawl, and all of a sudden you get the classic"Challenger Approaching" screen, and the pokemon trainer appears. Now we already know there's a pokemon trainer and diddy kong and all the other great stuff. The more updates he puts, the less of a surprise the game will be, and I would have loved to unlock Diddy Kong without knowing he was in it. So i say STOP WITH THE UPDATES. There's close to 4 months left before release date, that's about 100 more update days. That's way to many, I either want little item updates, or none at all. What do you guys think?

Sir James

The Doctor
I'm getting tired of Smashbros.com. Yes I check it every weekday, and yes I do like hearing new updates. However, every time a new update is shown that's one less thing I will be surprised about when getting the game. I mean seriously, can you imagine playing smashbros brawl, and all of a sudden you get the classic"Challenger Approaching" screen, and the pokemon trainer appears. Now we already know there's a pokemon trainer and diddy kong and all the other great stuff. The more updates he puts, the less of a surprise the game will be, and I would have loved to unlock Diddy Kong without knowing he was in it. So i say STOP WITH THE UPDATES. There's close to 4 months left before release date, that's about 100 more update days. That's way to many, I either want little item updates, or none at all. What do you guys think?
If you consider it a spoiler to know who's in Brawl ahead of time, then why do you keep visiting the website? Just don't go to the Dojo anymore if you don't want to know more about the game. They shouldn't stop updating and ruin it for everyone else. Those that don't want to get spoiled should simply not visit the website.

psicicle

Smash Ace
make sure you don't go to the brawl section of this site either because all the updates are posted here. If you really want no surprise then log off the internet for a while.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Trainer is likely a starter anyways, along with all the other characters with profiles.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Shut yr whining.

smashbros.com has made Monday morning the best time of the week. Besides, I'm sure there'll be plenty of surprises left in.

Sir James

The Doctor
I'm pretty sure Sakurai has no plans to reveal the unlockable characters until after the game is released. He did this with Melee and it will be the same for Brawl as well.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Check the first 3 pages if you're not going to search. I made a topic like this, and it got locked. Someone else made a topic like this, and it got locked. And then someone else made one, and surprisingly it's not locked yet.

Also, stay off the internet. Yes, I hate getting surprises spoiled, but I can't help it and I need to know how Brawl is developing everyday.
BUT, to not spoil EVERYTHING, when Brawl comes out, I'll be off SWF, and maybe off the internet in general to avoid whole game spoilers considering I'm not getting it until Christmas.

Wreked

Smash Lord
*sigh* Another noob complaining that if they go onto a website that shows daily updates on what's going to be in a game and are a member where people discuss these updates and they don't want it to get spoiled. Ok try this, don't go on smashbros.com, smashboards.com, nsiders, or any other gaming site for that matter. If you don't want to get any characters spoiled check out smashbrawl.com Whenever there is an update with a newcomer in it they warn you somewhere on the main page saying character spoilers.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Ok 1st of all tell me who is "forcing" you to look as smashbros every single weekday? 2ndly stop complaining and if you don't want to be spoiled use plain common sense and avoid the site.

-Knight

apple joos

Smash Cadet
i dont want it to spoil anything in the game either. but every weekday i just cant fvcking help but go to that site.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
I don't think these are hidden characters... I doubt they'd tell us everything on the website. They're probably giving us everything that the game starts with. There were new challengers on the opening roster of Melee, so why not Brawl? There were almost exclusively new stages open at the beginning.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Someone's being a whiner. Just don't go on the internet so you'll be away from spoilers. If you don't like the updates, then too bad. Sakurai wants to give out info about Brawl and there's nothing you're going to do about it. Accept it and do something better like using the search function instead of making this dumb thread.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This has got to be a joke.

Seriously, you hate the site because it's updating, and YOU'RE checking it. I'm sorry, but you're the one to blame here. It's not that hard to just not go back to that site if it's bothering you that much.

JJFMJR

Smash Cadet
lol everyone is taking this so whole heartedly, I'm not saying I don't want any more updates, but I'd rather wait to find out the major ones such as new characters than haveing it all layed out 4 months before release, and unfortunately anywhere I go on the internet also details the updates on the site :(. Lol this isn't a flaming post or anything, not intended to be, However I strongly feel that there are others who actually want some things left to surprise about the game, even the starter characters are important. It's what makes brawl different from melee. And btw, forums are for changing and discussing topics. More than likely someone working on brawl right now has seen this site before, and reads up on details on it. Once again, no need for posting rude or annoying comments, just say if you'd like to know major characters in brawl not previously in melee 4 months before hand or not. No need to comment on others posts.

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
Don't you still feel suprised when you open the website one day and you see the "Warning Challenger Approaching" on there and you scroll down and its Ridley or Krystal?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
lol everyone is taking this so whole heartedly, I'm not saying I don't want any more updates, but I'd rather wait to find out the major ones such as new characters than haveing it all layed out 4 months before release, and unfortunately anywhere I go on the internet also details the updates on the site :(. Lol this isn't a flaming post or anything, not intended to be, However I strongly feel that there are others who actually want some things left to surprise about the game, even the starter characters are important. It's what makes brawl different from melee. And btw, forums are for changing and discussing topics. More than likely someone working on brawl right now has seen this site before, and reads up on details on it. Once again, no need for posting rude or annoying comments, just say if you'd like to know major characters in brawl not previously in melee 4 months before hand or not. No need to comment on others posts.
It all comes down to "Self-Control". Those who lack it will spoil themselves of Brawl's surprises. It's not as though Sakurai's going to reveal absolutely everything about SSBB before it's release.

When I was waiting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to come out. I avoided using the internet because spoilers were abound. Granted SSBB is still months away but you have the self-control not to spoil yourself you should be fine.

I enjoy getting tid-bit's of information from the Smash Dojo, even a new character. It adds to my excitement. So I don't think what he is revealing is to much.

-Knight

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
The irony.

about 5 months ago, people were whining because there was no Brawl updates what so ever.

about 5 months later, we get updates everyday, but now people are whining because of it.

Will fans ever be satisfied?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm getting tired of Smashbros.com.
Simple solution: Don't visit Smash Dojo anymore. I will say this though, I hate it when the update isn't what I wanna see in the least. coughcoughcoughcoughpktrainersspecialmovescoughcoughcough.

Edit: There's no way around it, Smash Dojo is way too tempting not to visit. So have someone hog tie you to a chair until December 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom