• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STORM XI - Brawl Tournament (7/25/08 - Daytona Beach, FL)

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
Storm XI - Daytona Beach, FL

Date: July 25-27, 2008
Location: Speed Park, 201 Fentress Blvd, Daytona Beach FL (386-253-3278)
Tournaments: Super Smash Bros Brawl, Guitar Hero 3, DDR Supernova 2, In The Groove 2

Sponsors:
MyMyBox
More are Pending...

----

Schedule

Friday, July 25th, 2008:
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Guitar Hero III: 4:00pm - 10:00pm

Saturday, July 26th, 2008
DDR/ITG2 Xtreme Tech Sign In: 10:00am - 11:30am
DDR/ITG2 Qualifying Round: 10:00am - 12:30pm
DDR/ITG2 Xtreme Tech Competition: 12:30pm – 8:00pm

Xtreme Freestyle Sign-Up: 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Xtreme Freestyle Competition: 8:00pm - 10:00pm

Sunday, July 27th, 2008
DDR/ITG2 Regular Tech Sign-In: 10:00am - 11:00am
DDR/ITG2 Regular Tech Competition: 11:00am - 5:00pm

Registration
Save by Pre-Registering on the following website:

http://tygerstyle.net/DDRStorm/?page_id=5

You can pre-register immediately by filling out the Registration Form on the DDR Storm website above. No payment is necessary.

Entrance Fees (pre-register)

Tech Competitions (DDR/ITG2): $12/each (Both for $20!)
Xtreme Freestyle: $8
Guitar Hero 3 Competition: $8
Super Smash Bros Brawl Competition: $8

Entrance Fees (at the door)

Tech Competitions (DDR/ITG2): $12/each
Xtreme Freestyle: $10
Guitar Hero 3 Competition: $10
Super Smash Bros Brawl Competition: $10

-----

Division Rules

All rules can be found directly on the DDR Storm website:
http://tygerstyle.net/DDRStorm/?page_id=6

-----

Prizes

Cash prizes depends on amount of entrants. Prizes will be as follows for each category:

Super Smash Bros Brawl
1st Place: 40% of Pot
2nd Place: 20% of Pot
3rd Place: 10% of Pot

Note: Prizes can be changed at anytime. Any drastic changes will be made public and posted on bulletin boards.

------

Contacts
Any questions? E-mail me or hit me with an IM:

Joshua Campbell (Tyger)
Email: ddrtyger@gmail.com
AIM: LP TyGeR, SK TyGeR

Frames

DI
fvck yes!!! DDR STORM 11

I think i already pre-registered using the same form from last year, is there anything else I need to do?

Also, qualifiers are pwning me, must practice moreeee, especially ddr lol

edit: i read the rules, but i don't see anything about stage bans/counterpicks, etc. are you doing that?

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
This will be a double elimination Singles tournament. All matches will be 8 Minutes with 3 Stock.

All players must pre-select their character before their match. First stage in the set will be chosen by Random. Winner of match will choose character first. The loser from the previous match will choose the next stage. Best 2 out of 3 move on to the next round. Best 2/3 (3/5 for winners/losers/grand finals)

Bring your own controller.

Items will be off.

sounds fine to me. i guess ill go with loto

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
Neutral stages only.

I'm very lenient. I don't make rules how I want them. I make them as you guys want them.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i'd like to go for brawl, but its 4-10pm on that Friday, and i dont even gett of of work until 5pm

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
I know it it's a bit early, but I figure if people REALLY CARED TO ATTEND, then they would take a few hours off or even the day off. :p

Storm is biased towards DDR and ITG2 sadly. If I were able to host it on Saturday or Sunday, I would, but this is my only choice.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Oh I know Gigs ***** the pot, too, but they're also a much, much more well established venue for the tournament scene, so people are more willing to ignore the pay out for a tournament that's going to have a HUGE turn out (as Gigs always does), but for such a small tournament, people tend to not like the idea of pot-**** as much. Such is the case in most fighting game tournaments.

Also, most people aren't going to be willing to travel for this anyways, Willvolution is that Saturday I think, and Willvo is going to have a gigantic turn out. HYPE.

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
Psh, I ain't gettin the money. I ain't trying to make this a HUGE tournament. My options are limited.

The demographic of Smash players I'm aiming at are the ones who are in the local area and just want to have a fun Smash Bros tournament regardless of the size or payout.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Will there be doubles also? If not I'm still coming, I been a ghost to the smash scene lately.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
good luck to all the peoples goin to this. imma be at work so i cant come make easy money

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ehh sooo...is this an actual company doing this, or some random house?
its an actual company/business location

good luck to all who go. you're lucky i have to work today...i would've come and taken all your moneys :laugh:

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
-.- Blah, it's just for the fun of it. Not really looking for money, I just need to get recognized is all.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
True but still.....if I win this I'll have enough for Willvo, plus I have no ride there. =/

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Well everyone basically sucked there except 5 people..... SD / Loto / Galuuda / Fear / and me I guess....if I count...but I can't rate myself. =/ Anyways thanks for the challenge guys and it was pretty fun for the time being even though it was a tiny 15 man tournament =P.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
yah we each made 40 bucks..

if TYGER WOULD HAVE MADE THE ENTRANCE FEE 10 DOLLARS LIKE A NORMAL PERSON

we coul dhave made 80 each.

i got first though because i won the set HA POWER RANKINGS HERE I COME

MokonA

Smash Cadet
I knew Josh and I should've went to that tourney... but we were told not to by a certain person... :urg: good shot

-Gmoney on MokonA's

Top Bottom