• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange Glitch or New Mechanic?

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
After playing around with Lucas in a couple of friendlies, I noticed that while using fsmash, the angle and knockback that I hit with varied tremendously throughout the battles, so I decided to go training mode and figure out the spacing needed to get the fsmash with the lower angle/ higher knockback to come out. Interestingly enough, no matter what the spacing was or the angle in which I swang, the fsmash still had varying knockback/angles. However, this is where I made this discovery. The angle/knockback depends on how close you are to the ledge (or possibly the blast zone, although I'm more inclined to say ledge). For example, the closer you are to the ledge, your knockback will be lower and the angle you send your opponent in will be higher. But if your in the middle of the stage fsmash's knockback is significantly increased as well as the angle being much lower. And most interesting of all, would be that if you fsmash from the edge of the stage to the other side, meaning you send the opponent to the farther blast zone, then you'd have the highest knockback/lowest angle you could have with fsmash. I've tried this on many stages and it holds true for all of them except smashville, possibly because of the moving platform, although I wouldn't know how that would affect this. I also confirmed that the OU Fsmash suffers from this same mechanic/glitch. My question is, is if this was implemented purposely in Lucas' design or if it is some unknown glitch? Is this even worth mentioning to the PMBR? Can someone else help me confirm this? Thank you all

Top Bottom