• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Stratocaster's Hitbox System - New Download Link!

X1-12

Smash Champion
Project Back on Track!

I have updated the OP with the newly completed characters. I spoke to Strat before he disappeared and he told me that he has ALL the raw data for every character meaning that image gathering is complete =]. If you are interested in helping out still I can send you the raw data for the characters I have and instructions on how to make them into GIF animations.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Hey thanks for taking over my thread guys. Last time I talked to X1-12 he seemed uninterested in the project.

I do have the the raw data for EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER

So don't do them anymore. Its not necessary. They just need to be edited and such.

Sorry I haven't had time. I'm majoring in Chemical Engineering, and this semester has been killer. I'm on spring break this week, but I'm still not sure that means I'm not going to spending my whole week on this. I'll try one and see how long it takes, but if anyone else wants to take on that challenge that'd be awesome.

I appreciate your efforts in continuing the project and you're doing a great job, but there is one thing I think you all don't realize, and that is I've been making the hitboxes the SAME SIZE relative to each other. So if you were to download my hitboxes and overlap them in photoshop, you could actually see which hitbox has more priority. That's been one feature I've wanted from the beginning. The threads are fine as-is though.

Anyway, contact me if you would like to help edit and post some hitboxes, and I'll send them your way, but you've got to send the individual image files back to me when you're done!

Strongbad's non-stretching method looks pretty awesome, and hopefully eventually ledges and tech stuff could be included.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate your efforts in continuing the project and you're doing a great job, but there is one thing I think you all don't realize, and that is I've been making the hitboxes the SAME SIZE relative to each other. So if you were to download my hitboxes and overlap them in photoshop, you could actually see which hitbox has more priority. That's been one feature I've wanted from the beginning. The threads are fine as-is though.
Aah, cool, that sounds far better than what I did.

I'll probably create the gifs for Pichu and Bowser with your ones later then if no one else snatches them up. Just don't have the time atm.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I don't really have time to do any work on this Strat, I'm still kinda interested but its just not doable right now, I only opened up the thread to stop it dying completely. If you want the OP changed I can edit in or you can ask Teczero or a melee room mod and they'll give you it back.

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
can someone give me a rundown of how to have the hitboxes laid out? I know how to access them via debug, but how do i get the black background and the frame rate such.

also, where the get up attack boxes @?

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm still claimed for Young Link. But the emulator won't run the game and I tried so many trouble shoots.

So yeah can someone else take on Young Link?

All the frame data should be the same as Link's but the hitbox data is going to be different.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Running speed doesn't affect frame data. But I know for a fact that Link's neutral air lasts far longer than Young Link's.

rhan

Smash Hero
The nair should be the same as for frame for YL and Link. It's just that Link's hit box lasts longer. They both start and end at the same time.

rhan

Smash Hero
Meh I guess I got it mixed up. I always though the frame data would be how long the move lasts and the hitbox data was how long the move hurts.

My misunderstanding.

Bones0

Smash Legend
The frame data includes both. It says how long the move is active for and which frames of the move have active hitboxes.

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
can someone give me a rundown of how to have the hitboxes laid out? I know how to access them via debug, but how do i get the black background and the frame rate such.

also, where the get up attack boxes @?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Hydro, what do you mean? If you are talking about gathering the stills then there's no need. Stratocaster has all the stills for every character. I will update the OP to reflect this

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I've got some free time now.

I'll be up for doing the Bowser gifs.

If it's a fairly quick process I'm up for doing multiple characters.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I love how you guys are torturing us by doing random low tiers no one cares about the hitboxes for. I understand some people chose to do their mains, but come on man, can someone cover the top tiers first? :|

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I love how you guys are torturing us by doing random low tiers no one cares about the hitboxes for. I understand some people chose to do their mains, but come on man, can someone cover the top tiers first? :|
Fair enough. Bowser already has a temporary set of hitboxes so I'd be cool with doing top tiers first.

I'll take Falco.

Massive

Smash Champion
Whoa, all the frames are gathered for this?
What kind of editing are we talking about?
I can very easily hammer out some gifs if this is just a framing issue.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's pretty simple, just tedious, to actually make the thread. Requires you to format it a certain way and get frame data from SuperDoodleMan's page. Making the GIFs isn't hard, it's just some simple GIMP work

Massive

Smash Champion
The SuperDoodleMan Data looks pretty parseable, I could probably crack out a script to generate the thread text with little difficulty.

Is sheik already taken? I'll volunteer, lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hahahaha that would be so sick. Send Stratocaster a PM asking for the hitbox raws; characters that are "taken" were never done so anyone can do any character to be honest.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I just wanted to let you know progress is being made. I put some people to work so we'll see how that goes. Thanks for your patience and interest I've been SUPER busy, and I will continue to be until May.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
he doesn't have the images. stratocaster has all of the images taken just not compiled into gifs yet. massive wants those images.

Top Bottom