• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter 4!!! DISCUSS

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
SergioThree: there's other fish in the sea, man, she's just a girl

Beatsfromkorea: no dude, that's bull****.

Beatsfromkorea: Think of it this way. if your precious copy of street fighter third strike broke and i told you "it's ok man, there's other games in the sea. here, play mortal kombat instead" what would you say? you'd be like, "**** that, gimme third strike."

SergioThree: ...

SergioThree: you just reached me on a level that i never thought possible
enjoy insight.

nevershootme

Smash Master
so there's a possible SF4 tournament at FIU. but the prizes aren't cash (due to complications from the school preventing anyone from doing a cash tournament anymore) :( instead im gonna see if we can prize off the SF IV tournament edition stick. 2nd the regular fight stick, and 3rd the fightpad. whatever editions mind u.

plus the tournament is mixed between PS3 and 360 versions.

SK919

Deal with it
you're boring fvck you.
Who do you play KEN?

OH MAN SO FUN KEN SUCH UNIQUE PLAYSTYLE.

Sagat is fun as fvck, stop hating on him just cuz hes top tier.
I'm going to have to disagree on sagat being fun. Now maybe winning is fun :] thus making sagat fun :D

but I guess that's all personal preference.

I'm a huge fan of gouki and C.viper. Gotta love those low stamina combo kings.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
noel lets play wtf im too **** now. balrog/viper/ryu

oh and dreadz is good. ive never played a vega or gen so i dont have much to compare his too, but dreadz...he's freakin girls

Jaqen

Smash Rookie
Ahh just ran across this. Have been addicted and set smash aside mostly since it came out. I main Ryu, Zangief, Abel, and sometimes use Ken, Fei Long, Akuma, Rose, Vega. Ryu or Zangief is my best.

Zangief is so powerful/cheap in this game. The xbox controller joystick makes his 360s so easy (though I would like to get a stick some time). On snes/psx controllers I could never consistently do them. He's just broken to be honest. Grabbing people out of a punch/kick/move is just ridiculous. Then top it off with his EX moves... wow. I've gotten furthest with the combo trials w/Ryu. Think I finished all but the last one on hard but that'll take me some practice to get down. I can do two of his others fairly consistently. I was surprised at how much doing the trials actually helps your game.

The only thing that sucks about SF4 is the announcer and some of the horrible sayings (Fei Long losing). This announcer is terrible, wtf were they thinking? We need, "BEAT'EM UP GUYS! GO FOR BROKE!" Best announcer ever. The only good thing he says is, "I don't care what the critics say; violence is a beautiful thing!"

I need to get xbox live so I can play some of you guys!

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
vega is good against sagat
against a good sagat not really..
sagat got too much **** to stuff vega's normals but atleast u can get thru projectile spam

noel lets play wtf im too **** now. balrog/viper/ryu

oh and dreadz is good. ive never played a vega or gen so i dont have much to compare his too, but dreadz...he's freakin girls
theres only a few vega players i kno for a fact are better than me but i guess im pretty **** good.

and my gen is decent for now

im freakin girls? nahh fool im fukkin hoes!

AfroQT

Smash Master
I'm going to have to disagree on sagat being fun. Now maybe winning is fun :] thus making sagat fun :D

but I guess that's all personal preference.

I'm a huge fan of gouki and C.viper. Gotta love those low stamina combo kings.
I enjoy sagat.....
I have fun with him

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
you're boring fvck you.
Who do you play KEN?

OH MAN SO FUN KEN SUCH UNIQUE PLAYSTYLE.

Sagat is fun as fvck, stop hating on him just cuz hes top tier.
Fei Long bro.

I hope the infinite gets fix'd soon so I'm not called a ***gort for it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
whoever jarlax is on xbox live, good job ****** me in our games yesterday :laugh:

freakin Balrog is a beast. to me hes like olimar, as in i dunno where his punches are going (high or low). anyone else wants to **** my scrub viper i should be playing later tonight

i hate sagat's heavy kick or fierce kick or whatever they call it. It destroys my fire kick everytime

nevershootme

Smash Master
whoever jarlax is on xbox live, good job ****** me in our games yesterday :laugh:

freakin Balrog is a beast. to me hes like olimar, as in i dunno where his punches are going (high or low). anyone else wants to **** my scrub viper i should be playing later tonight

i hate sagat's heavy kick or fierce kick or whatever they call it. It destroys my fire kick everytime
that was Vijin on the boards. yea he wrecked my face too once, it ain't pretty. he's also working up Rose though (**** shamwow powers). couldn't win a single round (always ending up to the last hit).

most charge characters crouch and hold the crouch block position so they can mix up between forward or up inputs (like balrog's high,low, or overhead punches)

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace

lol better get ur viper execution down pact.

that was Vijin on the boards. yea he wrecked my face too once, it ain't pretty. he's also working up Rose though (**** shamwow powers). couldn't win a single round (always ending up to the last hit).

most charge characters crouch and hold the crouch block position so they can mix up between forward or up inputs (like balrog's high,low, or overhead punches)
yea vijin and his brother angrylobster are beasts. those 2 are the only ppl besides minato who give me a competition on these boards.

angrylobster i gotta learn the chun vs vega match up ASAP.

nevershootme

Smash Master
There was another player my roommate encountered online who has a pretty strong vega and rose. If you ever find this user named Noxx (something something, forgot the rest of his tag) once i find his full name i'll pass along. but yes, that dude im talking is a beast with vega,

edit: gamertag: NOKSXXX (Challenge him)

PolMex23

Smash Champion
um, nah sagat is boring dude matt get off your period (Turtle all game...you stay in one spot with sagat you win)

Guile boring also but he reps USA, has a back breaker air throw, 2 moves, an is a bad *** so yea xD

Balrog is a ****ing beast.

Who i see is fun is Boxer, the new ***** ****./..

Lol if only he could multiple ground pound

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
There was another player my roommate encountered online who has a pretty strong vega and rose. If you ever find this user named Noxx (something something, forgot the rest of his tag) once i find his full name i'll pass along. but yes, that dude im talking is a beast with vega,

edit: gamertag: NOKSXXX (Challenge him)
yea i kno dat guy. played him in HD Remix

me and him went pretty even when i played him the other day in SF IV

i personally think my vega is better tho.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Mike G and GA Peach: Good **** you guys. Me and Nite had fun. Definitely should do it again soon. Gonna' start calling GA Peach something else though, like GA Beast.

-----------------------------
Nah bra!!! call that dude GA LEGS!!!!

legs all day. ggs to you and Nite :) ur Abel improved alot from the last time we played :)

LOL Edit hax again sorry haha

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Haha, saw that additional text and was like "WTF? Where'd that come from?"

Thanks on the Abel compliment man. Really trying to work on him. You kept mindgamin' the **** out of me. Looking forward to playing your Ryu again. Awesome stuff, XD. Too much fun.

And for everyone here, Dhalsim is as real as real gets. No other country is ever winning a soccer game again.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Is gouken good?

And is the 360 version acceptable compared to the PS3?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Is gouken good?

And is the 360 version acceptable compared to the PS3?
I play on both versions.
Besides the weird ****ing layout on buttons, its pretty straight. I usually button map my buttons because the PS3 triggers and the 360 triggers are ****ing ******** and stupid to press(in my opinion).

hee roe shee

Smash Rookie
I PLAYED SFIV!!!!!!!!

and i didn't like it at all. after playing smash for these last couple years, no other control scheme will ever feel good to me.

Top Bottom